• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nonsense.

I'm not arguing a point about semantics here, its you who wants to believe that.

You clearly knew what I was talking about with regards to the chakra-mixing from the seal, but you pretended you didn't. I then needed to go fucking look it up to cite it for you even though you already knew my point in the first place. This is called wasting my time.

Spongebob

Banned
You clearly knew what I was talking about with regards to the chakra-mixing from the seal, but you pretended you didn't. I then needed to go fucking look it up to cite it for you even though you already knew my point in the first place. This is called wasting my time.
Your wording was similar, but what you said in your post is fundamentally different from what the manga says.

You claimed that Naruto and the Kyuubi had one chakra pool during the fight against Pain, and used your own incorrect interpretation of chapter 91's material to support that.

Using what was actually in chapter 91 and what Kurama said in chapter 571 I disproved your interpretation.

Though Naruto conquered Nagato's heart, which could be considered a real victory, he did not defeat Pain. He battled even after everyone else fought him and still lost. The loss of control over the Kyuubi is what Pain lost to.

Naruto defeated 5 Pain bodies using with Sage Mode.
The last one in base. (Give up on me Giving up. Rasengan!!)
And Nagato with Words.

The Kyuubi chakra saved his ass but it didn't defeat anyone.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Though Naruto conquered Nagato's heart, which could be considered a real victory, he did not defeat Pain. He battled even after everyone else fought him and still lost. The loss of control over the Kyuubi is what Pain lost to.

I'm not sure I agree with that interpretation, because I don't think you can rationally split Kurama and Naruto into separate entities that way. Particularly given the Kyuubi's interference in preventing Naruto from utilizing the Toad Synchronization was one of the primary cause of Naruto being overpowered by Pain in the first place since when he actually had Sage Mode on he basically fucked Pain up.

Spongebob

Banned
Naruto defeated 5 Pain bodies using with Sage Mode.
The last one in base. (Give up on me Giving up. Rasengan!!)
And Nagato with Words.

The Kyuubi chakra saved his ass but it didn't defeat anyone.
The moment Pain pinned him down, Sage Naruto had lost that battle (a battle against a heavily handicapped Pain).

Angry Grimace

The sauce is going to get a power up by the power of love.

I rather assume you get Rinnegan by receiving the chakra from the other "branch" of the Sage's offspring (since Madara apparently got the Rinnegan after he did something to steal some of Hashirama's power). Perhaps getting Naruto's chakra will help Sasuke here. If Kishi bothered to give the Sharingan an extra powerup, it seems like a foregone conclusion he's going to give it to Sasuke.

let's play your game.

Let's not. You're throwing baseless accusations and decided to flame me over something as trivial as not being see the similarities between two characters despite them having completely different hair styles and facial expressions.

I'm not engaging in another argument that's even more pointless than One Piece vs Bleach and even then your attitude is making me uncomfortable. We're done.

mhs004

I rather assume you get Rinnegan by receiving the chakra from the other "branch" of the Sage's offspring (since Madara apparently got the Rinnegan after he did something to steal some of Hashirama's power). Perhaps getting Naruto's chakra will help Sasuke here. If Kishi bothered to give the Sharingan an extra powerup, it seems like a foregone conclusion he's going to give it to Sasuke.
That actually makes since

Spongebob

Banned
Angry Grimace, this is a recap of our argument.

- I said that Naruto didn't win his fight against pain, but that the Kyuubi did.
- You claim that they are one entity because they had the same chakra pool (false).

- I said that they didn't combine their chakra pools until Naruto gained Bijuu mode (factual)
- You said that the always had the same pool and backed this up with an incorrect interpretation of what Jiraiya said in chapter 91.

- I said clarified was actually said in chapter 91 (just small amounts of Kyuubi's chakra being assimilated into Naruto's pool).
- You then claim I'm playing a game of semantics.

LeleSocho

Banned
Let's not. You're throwing baseless accusations and decided to flame me over something as trivial as not being see the similarities between two characters despite them having completely different hair styles and facial expressions.

I'm not engaging in another argument that's even more pointless than One Piece vs Bleach and even then your attitude is making me uncomfortable. We're done.

Yeah ok whatever you say buddy, it's not like you want to impone your personal view on on the matter (it looks like her past self so it doesn't look like her)... i'm actually the bully here
l1w2cwx.gif

Angry Grimace, this is a recap of our argument.

- I said that Naruto didn't win his fight against pain, but that the Kyuubi did.
- You claim that they are one entity because the had the same chakra pool (false).

- I said that they didn't combine their chakra pools until Naruto gained Bijuu mode (factual)
- You said that the always had the same pool and backed this up with an incorrect interpretation of what Jiraiya said in chapter 91.

- I said what was actually said in chapter 91 (just small amounts of Kyuubi's chakra being assimilated into Naruto's pool.
- You then claim I'm playing a game of semantics.

Your first mistake was getting baited into an argument with the purple chicken nugget.

Sasuke now has Uzumaki and Senju chakra. He's getting the Rinnegan but this is Kishimoto we're talking about here, it could be a new form of the Rinnegan, never seen before. The elder toad hinted Sasuke is a special child.

And by now, Naruto and Kyuubi are one and the same. So much of Naruto's chakra is mixed in with Kyuubi's, Kishi has to keep reminding us of this every so often.

Angry Grimace

I don't know which language it is that "I don't want to have this argument" means "continually keep bringing up the same point to try and engage over and over and over until I get put on ignore."

Take from it what you will; I'm not going to have this argument for the reasons I stated above.

Spongebob

Banned
Sasuke now has Uzumaki and Senju chakra. He's getting the Rinnegan but this is Kishimoto we're talking about here, it could be a new form of the Rinnegan, never seen before. The elder toad hinted Sasuke is a special child.

And by now, Naruto and Kyuubi are one and the same. So much of Naruto's chakra is mixed in with Kyuubi's, Kishi has to keep reminding us of this every so often.
- The premise that gaining Uzumaki/Senju chakra would result in the Rinnegan is something that the manga hasn't backed up yet. The only person to awaken the Rinnegan (aside from the S06P), did so with Senju DNA (Hashirama cells in particular), and even then, it took him till his death bed to gain the Rinnegan.

- When did the elder toad hint that Sasuke was a special child? Even if he did, that's hardly proof of Sasuke getting the Rinnegan. Though Sasuke being special is obvious since he is depicted as a parallel to Naruto.

- I agree that Naruto and the Kyuubi are one and the same, but only after Naruto gained Bijuu mode.

Spongebob

Banned
I don't know which language it is that "I don't want to have this argument" means "continually keep bringing up the same point to try and engage over and over and over until I get put on ignore."

Take from it what you will; I'm not going to have this argument for the reasons I stated above.
The reasons which I've shown are silly at best.

Sasuke is better than Madara. He'll get it any day now.
I think Sasuke will match EMS Madara, but through his....EMS. I don't think he'll match Edo Madara.

Anyways, like I've said a couple of times in this thread, bookmark my post.

What if bleach gets a terrible ending like reborn? I hope it does actually it would be halarious

Haha omg I would laugh so hard.

That was probably the worst ending to anything ever.

Edit: Also, if the Arrancar/Hueco Mundo arc was any indication, don't kid yourself into believing Bleach will end in two years, lol.

The moment Pain pinned him down, Sage Naruto had lost that battle (a battle against a heavily handicapped Pain).

You could say that the moment Pain attack Hinata was the moment he lost his battle too.

Sage Mode Naruto kick Pain ass every time he was in the mode, but the RasenShuriken Limit always bit him in the ass. Since Base Naruto couldn't do shit except bite time until he got Sage Mode again.

What if bleach gets a terrible ending like reborn? I hope it does actually it would be halarious

Obviously only idiots would think such an ending would be horrible, only people with vast intelligence would be able to comprehend it

Edit: I'm sorry I couldn't type that with a straight face lol

Angry Grimace

You could say that the moment Pain attack Hinata was the moment he lost his battle too.

Sage Mode Naruto kick Pain ass every time he was in the mode, but the RasenShuriken Limit always bit him in the ass. Since Base Naruto couldn't do shit except bite time until he got Sage Mode again.

The only reason Naruto couldn't stay in Sage Mode the whole time was because Kyuubi was a dick who stopped Grandpa Frog from gathering the Natural Energy.

Naruto 645

2nd Hokage's reactions towards Naruto continue to be amusing.

Sasuke starting to get jealous again is bringing up those Part 1 vibes. Hopefully, it ends differently this time.

Bleach 547

Cover was absolutely beautiful.

Mayuri's and Nemu's costumes are hilarious. I want them to keep those on for at least one more chapter.

One Piece 720

Bart being a luffy fanboy is like the greatest thing ever.

I so want him to meet up with Hancock at least once.

Angry Grimace

Maybe Ichigo will grow a pair and realize Orihime wants the D

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
This is already impossible.

The terribleness of the Reborn ending lies in the fact that the protagonist acknowledged that he didn't change or grow at all since the beginning of the manga. This was one of the things we were looking forward to the most as readers. Tsuna's growth was teased with the "TenYearLater Tsuna" stuff and with him being called a "no good loser" from the start. Sure, the arc ended terribly as well but as a manga the real shittiness lied in the Tsuna part. Ichigo has already acknowledged and grown as a character since the beginning so that can't happen.

It could still have a bad ending, but nothing like the garbage that was Reborn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom