• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Naruto
Naruto is a real badass now. Even Sasuke is getting jelly. I gotta admit that Kishi has made Naruto look impossible to beat at this point, but that's what many of us said after he owned Pain and saved Konoha. Then eye hax happened. Infinite tsukuyomi will be stopped, but I wonder if it's gonna be by that bijuu ball or someone else (Sasuke?)

It's obviously going to be Sasuke. You can't stop a genjutsu with brute force. The sharingan has been shown several times to basically provide mastery over all genjutsu, or at least the ability to see through them, and sasuke has the upgraded eyes of itachi now, who was the greatest genjutsu master of all.

It'll be broken by one of these things:
1. The eternal mangekyo sharingan wielded by sasuke
2. The eternal mangekyo powered up by naruto's kurama chakra or nature chakra
3. The rinnegan, likely awakened by sasuke (possibly through the use of #2 above), or by Naruto. Or by some combination BS between naruto and sasuke (keep in mind, the uzumaki clan are blood relatives of the senju. And we all know what happens when you mix them with the uchihas :p )

upandaway

One Piece
Poor Rebecca. Owned so hard. I'm not really feeling Barto being such a fanboy. It's out of character, but I guess that's what's supposed to be funny about it. It should lead to some interesting exchanges in the final battle. Anyway, does this mean that Luffy is going to give Rebecca the MeraMera fruit after he wins? I doubt Zoro or Sanji would get it because both are important swimmers on the crew, and can't become anchors. No one else on the crew could really use a logia either. Imagine if Usopp became a logia. That would totally kill his character. The only thing he'd fear then is water.
Only real options I can see are
- Side character eats it and joins
- Side character eats it and doesn't join
- No one eats it, in the crew's possession until a later arc
- No one eats it, gets lost forever
- Item "eats" it

If you were appropriately drunk and silly, you could perhaps predict something like the Sunny eating the fruit - a ship having a fire logia, haha. That's an amusing concept.

One Piece

Troll guy is a luffy fanboy LOL and once again Oda creates a character with a weird ass personality quirk.

Luffy vs Burgess should be interesting if it happens but given what Dom has planned that might not happen.

Bleach

Hey its back.

Ghost Nazi #2 fight should be interesting and the true boss Mayuri representing

*Yawn* at Ice Tard

Akito

- Item "eats" it

If you were appropriately drunk and silly, you could perhaps predict something like the Sunny eating the fruit - a ship having a fire logia, haha. That's an amusing concept.
I'm all for another DF eating the Mera Mera fruit.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
- Item "eats" it

Zoro mentioned earlier that he wanted a "fire sword". Either he's going to learn fire-cutting from Kinemon, or one of his swords will "eat" the Flame Flame Fruit.

Personally, I think Robin and Hancock looking the same is worse than Nami and Rebecca, who only like slightly similar.

- Item "eats" it

I'm banking on Luffy offering it to Rebecca but she turns it down and stays on Dressrosa to rebuild or something like that and the crew keeps it for a later date.

ryan13ts

Zoro mentioned earlier that he wanted a "fire sword". Either he's going to learn fire-cutting from Kinemon, or one of his swords will "eat" the Flame Flame Fruit.

Personally, I think Robin and Hancock looking the same is worse than Nami and Rebecca, who only like slightly similar.

We still don't know the process behind items "eating" DF's, and I doubt it's going to be properly explained before the crew meets Dr. Vegapunk, who apparently knows everything about DF's. Pretty much everyone in the past that had items with DF abilities have been linked to the government in some way or another (with a few exceptions) so I don't think the SH's will know how to feed a sword a DF on their own.

I still think it's possible Rebecca might have the possibility of joining the crew. We saw a hint of a tragic backstory that's absolutely necessary, as well as being a woman which the crew is in short supply of. Personally, I think it'd be cool to have a female logia user on the crew, she'd still be getting used to her powers so she wouldn't outright be too strong to offset the balance of the crew's power. The only thing she's lacking so far is a distinct personality, which all the SH's have to set them apart from each other, but we don't know much about her character yet so that could change.

upandaway

It's getting eaten by accident the way luffy and probably ace ate theirs
Oda likes having kids eat fruits by mistake. Momonosuke, too.

If the crew keeps the fruit after all, and it carries on to another arc, it's likely it'll get eaten by mistake by a kid, definitely.

We still don't know the process behind items "eating" DF's, and I doubt it's going to be properly explained before the crew meets Dr. Vegapunk, who apparently knows everything about DF's. Pretty much everyone in the past that had items with DF abilities have been linked to the government in some way or another (with a few exceptions) so I don't think the SH's will know how to feed a sword a DF on their own.
Well, Mango's right there. And he has ties to pretty much any one group in the series that you could choose.

So since it is from 400 chapters ago it doesn't mean that they look exactly the same?
mmkthxbai

Considering the evolution of Oda's artstyle from then to now, pretty much. Look up that chapter and right before they leave Water 7 for good (let alone now) and it's evident there's a world of difference in her design. Again, seriously, a picture of her eyes closed proves they look alike?

No need to be a douche.

Naruto
Naruto is a real badass now. Even Sasuke is getting jelly. I gotta admit that Kishi has made Naruto look impossible to beat at this point, but that's what many of us said after he owned Pain and saved Konoha. Then eye hax happened. Infinite tsukuyomi will be stopped, but I wonder if it's gonna be by that bijuu ball or someone else (Sasuke?)

Naruto did not beat pain.

Brutalx2

One Piece
Bartolomeo was the funniest thing ever ! The way he adores Luffy is hilarious.

In the "What will happened to the fruit" i believe Luffy will get it and just be on the Sunny till later arcs !

Soma

Abnormal-kei Joshi Ch. 7

Oh hey another one of these is out.

8rxJTNY.png

This dude is so fucked.

LeleSocho

Banned
Considering the evolution of Oda's artstyle from then to now, pretty much. Look up that chapter and right before they leave Water 7 for good (let alone now) and it's evident there's a world of difference in her design. Again, seriously, a picture of her eyes closed proves they look alike?

No need to be a douche.

Are you serious or not? the fact that it was x ago doesn't invalidate the fact that they are pretty much the same but you know what? let's play your game, here's a pic from the Shabody saga and one from when she was on Weatheria, i hope they are recent enough for your tastes.
AkgIWf3.png
SCxCXET.png

and i haven't picked up the ones with the glossy eyes just like Rebecca have...

Or even compare these two:
cHgTwAe.png
rpEBfIX.png

I can bet what you want that anyone outside this thread wouldn't be able to recognize that one of the two isn't Nami pre-timeskip.

I dunno it's like saying that Goten (or Gohan in the sayan saga minus the hair of course) and Goku don't look almost the same.
Not to talk about lolling at Nami with closed eyes while totally ignoring the other pic (protip: I inserted the one with the eyes closed because the head is in the same exact position of the Rebecca image.)

I'm not a douche it's you that are obviously not noticing blatant similarities between the two characters hence my doubt of you having perfectly working eyes.

Bleach

I read this interesting post on OMF by milareppa.

I'm not going to do a very big review right now for one simple reason: there's something wrong with this chapter and I can't put my finger on it. I think it's deliberate, however, because Kubo rams home the subject of building strength in the shadows so very much that I think that's precisely what Kubo himself is doing. Something happened in this chapter that I think will become obvious with hindsight. In part it's the sense that the captains were somehow off-guard and completely ready at the same time. The Stern Ritter aren't the only ones capable of planning in the shadows: Kyouraku is a master of exactly that.

And that's one of the few points I want to make about this chapter. It makes sense for the quincies to have made the shadows their strength when their enemy burned with the force of the sun: the sun creates the shadow in the first place. You could say that it's really objects blocking light that creates shadow, but then that's probably the point: Seireitei is the object that creates the shadow.

So, Yamamoto's gone and if the shadows take over when the sun has set, look who replaced Yamamoto: the one captain shown to have the power to attack from shadow. That's probably the point of the Haschwalth/Kyouraku scene - the one person truly capable of understanding this is Kyouraku. Kyouraku says he didn't predict this attack? Why not? This is exactly Kyouraku's style of attack.

And that brings me back to my feeling that there's something lurking in this chapter that may only become clearer with hindsight. We could say Kubo himself has given this chapter a shadow of its own.

So, that's all I'm going to say as a review of the chapter, aside from listing a couple of moments that interested me.

Title page: giant clock saying 5 o'clock. Make a note of the time*, people.
There's a discrepency between what the shinigami (and the readers) have witnessed and what the 12th division's instruments recorded. Make a note of that, people.
Haschwalth is a Grand Master. Ignoring Masonic issues, that's Christian Knight Orders terminology, which once again brings us back to the early quincy themes being Teutonic Knight/Knight Templar/Knight Hospitaller and more modern ones being Nazi (who were also inspired by the Teutonic Knights).
Szayel's lab is indeed a set-up for Mayuri: he's modified his lab to withstand anything the enemy can throw at it. Even shadow. More importantly, Mayuri is on the ball. He's not just on the ball, he's making the ball. Those outfits have something to do with ensuring he and Nemu cannot be touched by shadow.
Ukitake's name is boat-themed (it's connected to floating bamboo (as in bamboo rafts) which was a fisherman-type connection - fisher of souls, anyone?), and his rooms are located on the lake, and now he's... communing with an oversized lotus? My theory was that for Kubo to have focused so much on three of the old four (Yamamoto, Unohana and Kyouraku) and completely ignore the fourth (Ukitake) to the point where even the Royal Guard took a moment to speak to Unohana and Kyouraku but there wasn't even a sausage with Ukitake, means Kubo's up to something. Giant lotus bloom, people. Take notes. Lotus is associated with with medicinal remedies among other things, as well as with the health, spirituality and power of the soul; chances Ukitake's doing something drastic about his health? Watch this space.
We now know two things about the quincies: they're masters of both reishi and shadow, and they made the decision to build that location, rather than being imprisoned there. So, was there a schism within the quincies for there to be quincies remaining in the human world? Some fleeing to the shadows, others remaining in the light? How does this tie in to what happened 200 years ago? And, even more than I did before, I have to repeat the observation I made in the Chapter 540 thread: that the one, single quincy left in the human world is the exact opposite of shadow and destruction, and almost the polar opposite of Juhabach... right down to their hair colours and the colour they 'cloak' themselves in (black cloak versus white medical coat). And if you want the 'light' versus 'shadow' connection, the man's son was given the title 'Prince of Light'.

All credit goes to Milareppa.

Spongebob

Banned
lol at everyone calling Sasuke "fodder" level now and beneath Naruto.

If you were going to fight someone in the future, wouldn't it be smarter to NOT show your move-set and observe your enemies to find weaknesses? He has seen almost all of what Naruto can do now. He also has EMS, we've seen nothing of that and will 100% get the Rinnegan. He also now has Kyuubi/Uzumaki chakra.

I'm only saying, be prepared. He's holding back for a reason and he'll make that known as soon as it's time for their one on one battle.

Oh and he's had his Sharingan on every time a move is done (ex. Hirashin). Uh oh ;)
Sasuke isn't getting the Rinnegan.

Without the Kyuubi's intervention, Naruto would have been captured.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Bleach
Huh. That double spread is weird. I thought the long blade would be his shinigami side, and the short one would be the quincy side. It's the other way around, by the looks of it. Also, anyone else notice the absence of Ukitake?
Ukitake was the shirtless guy meditating in front of that glowing flower thing.

The pie cutter is Ichigo's Qunicy powers. Look at the last chapter.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sasuke isn't getting the Rinnegan.

Without the Kyuubi's intervention, Naruto would have been captured.

Naruto and the Kyuubi are the same entity. That argument, if valid, would literally invalidate every fight Naruto ever fights because its been established from the get-go they have the same chakra pool automatically.

Also, Sasuke is totally getting the Rinnegan. Its a Chekov's Gun just like the Kyuubi's "other half" that everyone claimed was never fucking coming back and then came back.

Spongebob

Banned
That's an awful argument, sorry. Naruto and the Kyuubi are the same entity. That argument, if valid, would literally invalidate every fight Naruto ever fights because its been established from the get-go they have the same chakra pool automatically.
Naruto and the Kyuubi didn't really become the same entity until they were on good terms and Naruto got Bijuu mode.

Both had individual chakra pools at the time, read the manga. It wasn't until Naruto got Bijuu mode that they "melded" (via fist bump) their chakras together.

Also, Sasuke is totally getting the Rinnegan. Its a Chekov's Gun just like the Kyuubi's "other half" that everyone claimed was never fucking coming back and then came back.
Bookmark my post.

Sasuke will not get the Rinnegan. I have many reasons to believe this.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto and the Kyuubi didn't really become the same entity until they were on good terms and and Naruto got Bijuu mode.

Both had individual chakra pools at the time, read the manga. It wasn't until Naruto got Bijuu mode that they "melded" their chakras together.
Wrong.

See Chapter 91 of Naruto, when Jiriaya explains that the seal is designed to mix their chakra at all times - preventing that was the entire purpose of the extra seal that Orochimaru put on Naruto that Jiriaya released.

Spongebob

Banned
Wrong.

See Chapter 91 of Naruto, when Jiriaya explains that the seal is designed to mix their chakra at all times - that was the entire purpose of the extra seal that Orochimaru put on Naruto that Jiriaya released.

Wrong.

Jiraiya allowed the seal to mix small amounts of the Kyuubi's chakra into Naruto's own chakra pool. Their actual chakra pools never mixed together.

Yonafunu

Both had individual chakra pools at the time, read the manga. It wasn't until Naruto got Bijuu mode that they "melded" (via fist bump) their chakras together.

This is really all that needs to be said about Naruto at this point.
Melding chakra together by fistbumping. Well done Kishi.

Sasuke with that Uchiha Salt. They even do a combination attack and leave him outside the barrier along with the fodder, where he belongs.

Angry Grimace

Wrong.

Jiraiya allowed the seal to mix small amounts of the Kyuubi's chakra into Naruto's own chakra pool. Their actual chakra pools never mixed together.

Uh, yeah, which is exactly what I just said. He's been using the Kyuubi's chakra for the entire manga. How is this hard to conceptualize?

Abnormal-kei Joshi Ch. 7

Oh hey another one of these is out.

This dude is so fucked.

I hate so much the turn this manga took. It was so great seeing like 5 yandere's at once, but why did it turn into a murder mystery all of a sudden. We went from watching a guy's life being ruined by a bunch of girls (or could be considered changed by some), into a let's catch the pedophile. I'll still read it but will always dislike the turn.

Spongebob

Banned
Uh, yeah, which is exactly what I just said. He's been using the Kyuubi's chakra for the entire manga. How is this hard to conceptualize?
Your original claim was that they had the same chakra pool.

Are you really equating small amounts of the Kyuubi's chakra being assimilated into Naruto's pool with what the Kyuubi did versus Pain?

Even if Sasuke gets the Rinnegan. They had being only 4 Rinnegan wielders in the series and Naruto has fought all of them. He knows exactly what strategy to use.

Angry Grimace

Your original claim was that they had the same chakra pool.

Are you really equating small amounts of the Kyuubi's chakra being assimilated into Naruto's pool with what the Kyuubi did versus Pain?

I'm not willing to be drawn into an insanely asinine argument over the meaning of "is."

Stop talking to me about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom