• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Hey, MangaGAF. I need some manga suggestions. There's too much stuff out there and they all have weird names and are 227 volumes long it's scary. :eek:

I read Yotsuba&! and occasionally force myself to read Lucky Star, and I'll read yurishit like Girl Friends. Today, I bought a volume of A Certain Scientific Railgun because it looked good and also Umineko because I was curious whether there was ever an explanation for all the bullshit that went down in the anime. I don't really know what people are reading right now, other than Shounen garbage obviously.
REAL
Goodnight Punpun
One Punch Man
Makai no Ossan
Nodame Cantabile
I Am a Hero
Princess Jellyfish
Detroit Metal City
Gisèle Alain
Bambino
Tonari no Seki-kun
Shinya Shokudou

FYC

Banned
Oh hey I missed a Reborn discussion

I made this last thread or something (KHR spoilers, kinda?)

ScjdFXt.png

Hated everything outside of the Mukuro and Varia arc and my god that ending

My main problem was how it was set up to be this grand final fight, but... Well... It seemed like Tsuna would actually become the boss and he was finally showing resolve. Then we get to the fight with Bermuda vs Tsuna and it seems like we're going to move on to a huge battle with Checker Face. Ah, the finale that's been hyped up for so long! This is gonna be awesome!

However, Checker Face comes out of nowhere, reveals himself to be the Noodle Shop guy from the Future Arc and is a fucking alien from a race that came before humans. Oh, and so is Yuni. What the everloving fuck? Then, out comes Talbot, starring as Deus Ex Machina, who prevents the Arcobaleno sacrifice with a "container" of fucking bullshit he pulled out his ass. The end. Everyone is happy, Tsuna doesn't become the boss, they all live happily ever after

What what WHAT

I dunno, I wrote that like a month ago and it's been a while since I read the series but that's what I remember of the ending. BLEH. Whatever floats your boat though.

Anyways I have not read Naruto or Bleach is almost two months, holy fuck

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hitman really went downhill after the Varia Arc IMO, when it decided to drop most of the comedic elements and go full Battle Manga. The Demon Spade Arc was just horrible, and the only reason the Final Arc was any good is because the author rushed the thing, so the fights didn't drag. I didn't mind the Deus Ex Machina too much, but that final chapter was so bad. I have no clue why he decided to toss all character progression out the window instead of just letting the story end, was the author hopping to continue it somehow?

Gunsmith Cats

230px-Gunsmith_Cats_cover.jpg

This was fantastic. I really liked the art, the girls were good looking and so were the guns. The action flowed incredibly well, probably some of the best I've seen. Even during the more crowded scenes it was still easy to follow everything that was going on. The stories were great, even the one chapter stories were fun and exciting. The longer arcs, especially the Goldie ones, were fantastic with each chapter making me want to read more. The characters were almost all great, with the exception of Becky who I didn't really care for. Rally and Minnie-May were fun leads and the supporting cast was great, I especially liked Bean and Roy. The villians were mostly great, Goldie and Gray worked really well as major villians but some of the one of baddies were a bit underwhelming, though that's understandable as most of them were supposed to just be standard thugs.

If I have any complaints it's that some of the characters, May especially, got pushed to the side too much towards the end for Rally. Minnie-May was supposed to be partners with Rally but in the last arc she's in it about as much as Becky and Misty. It's only a minor issue though.
Overall this was an absolutley fantastic series and I'm going to start on Burst as soon as I can.

Art: 10/10
Story: 10/10
Characters: 10/10

Overall: 10/10

Great series.

Shirayukihime to 7-nin no Shuujin 01-04

L7wuMQ0l.png

A kid wakes up after two years of sleep and finds Tokyo in ruins ruled by people dressed in military outfits.

Well I like the art at least. The power aspect could be cool if they do explain it. Though it does seem pretty standard and not interesting on its own.

The characters themselves are pretty boring and don't really stand out. Protag isn't really setting himself as a good lead besides always being happy and I guess sidekick isn't anything better either.

I guess there isn't really anything all that special with this series. I mean it has some potential but it doesn't really seem to be going anywhere with it. I'm also waiting for seeing how the title actually fits the series as well.

Though, I guess it does provide for all that military uniform fetish.

I didnt even know it was in English. Had been on my list for awhile because the volume cover looked great. Guess Ill start as it sounds quite good.

dumbyugi

Blade Play 24

Not what I was expecting but I'm totally OK with it anyway.

The Sacred Blacksmith 37

I don't know why I'm still reading this, it's not very good.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I can't actually deny any of that. :p

Realistically tsukikage or her mother or the restaurant she worked at would have been in jail by now.

BTW I'm assuming that you're at the dual plays arc by now?

The Goddess arc had its moments. The most worrying thing about this arc though is that it implies that we'll have Kid Keima arcs with all the Goddess hosts. The World Namek Only Knows indeed.

I was thinking about starting TWGOK soon but if it's as tedious as you guys say I'll wait until the arc is over.

The beginning (first 70 chapters or so) is pretty funny (I won't say "good", because you wouldn't miss anything by not reading it), but I'd say it has run its course and I wish the manga was already over. Not even the silly war about the best girl could make it interesting again.

Reknoc

Space Chef Caiser - 0

This is the best cooking manga.

smut? check

hardcore as fuck cooking? check

Will check out the rest.

Winter Lovers

Boichi's collection of hentai stuff, it was alright, quick read since you can skip half the dialog in each story but the Werewolf story really stood out:

Wiseblade

Abuse Mask vol 4

"She's so pale and skinny"

"She's prettier and more noble than before"

Time to add 'Provides an unhealthy body image' to the list of crimes.

Suen

Went through the 7 seeds chapter over a few weeks or so. Have to say I'm liking this manga very much, probably what I wished that eden no ori crap to be.

My only complaints is too much Hana and I still think Natsu is shit.

Qvoth

muto black oneshot
wow what a bore... couldn't even bothered to read chapter 1 after reading oneshot, doubt it's going to be different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom