• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait... the Inheritance and Rainbow Arc is better than the Future Arc?
Future arc was too long and blah blah, without spoilers to the guy who´s reading it.
Yeah, I have it at 6/10 currently, because of the boring first chapters. It's now more of a 7-8/10, but will probably come down to 6/10 after I witness the ending.
Well it´s enjoyable enough.
Wut. The last two arcs are the worst two arcs.

The ending was such an atrocity I can't give the manga more than a 4/10.
No, the second to last arc showed a little about the history of the Vongola. The last one explained the Archobaleno and their powers, which was well written until the last 5-6 chapters.
Combined that's a 10/10.

Sounds awesome to me!
Haha, you´re awesome :D
I still dont know what you all were looking for for the ending to Reborn. It was perfectly fitting for the character and how he developed over the duration of the whole manga.
Neo Vongola Primo was the best ending one could desire

I wanted for Tsuna to develop.

KHR Ending spoilers

Tsuna stayed the same since the first chapter until the end. He did not develop at all. He was bullied at the beginning and he had no friends, and has not decided between Kyoko and the other girl, and whether he wanted to be a mafia boss or not. All of these stayed the same at the final chapter, which is crap. Tsuna stayed weak, got bullied, has not decided between the 2 girls, nor becoming a mafia boss. He is still the same but at the end he has friends. That´s crap.

Gradivus

ZFi0kNo.jpg

Got back from Japan a few days ago and got those during my holiday.

I needed to replace some of my previous FMA and Dragonball volumes due to misplacing them, but all the other stuff is pretty much stuff I haven't read yet (besides One Piece and OPM).

The ending of Reborn was one of the most shockingly awful endings I've ever read. The final chapter may as well have been 19 pages of various drawings of middle fingers followed by the final page text saying "Bet you feel like an idiot for reading 409 chapters of this."

Reknoc

Same.
Should have stopped the manga after the tournament with the rings.
Or even before the genre shift, the slice of life comedy was better.

Yea, the pre-shift stuff was better. Reborn had some decent potential to be a good battle manga (neat abilities) but never really lived up to it. Oh well, maybe Akira Amano has found her true calling in making character designs for dull sci-fi anime.

DarkMehm

I'm used to shitty endings (Nura, Hen, Love Ru etc), but this talk about Reborns ending made me curious. Without spoilering, is it because it is a non-ending or is it the ending itself that is shitty?

Reborn 135-140

An interesting start to the new arc. It could be awesome, though judging from the postings it went wrong somewhere.

Bleach v44

Knowing that which we know of Unohana now...she could have easily lended a hand in this fight instead of just watching.

Kon lying there being experimented on in the between chapters by Akon, Jinta and Urara, was really hilarious. Bleach's most under utilized characters.

I don't really know what people were even expecting out of Reborn's ending.

It was pretty obvious especially with how abruptly the ending of the series was announced.

I don't really know what people were even expecting out of Reborn's ending.

It was pretty obvious especially with how abruptly the ending of the series was announced.

Well, the final arc seemed like the kind of thing that was going to lead to an ending from when it started. I think most people expected that the end would flow out of that, rather than ignoring the entire series.

Zeroth

I always preferred the Xanxus arc over the others. Felt pretty balanced for what it was. Shame the other arcs weren't as good.

Well, the final arc seemed like the kind of thing that was going to lead to an ending from when it started. I think most people expected that the end would flow out of that, rather than ignoring the entire series.

I mean it was announced that it was ending during a major fight with like three more chapters left.

It was pretty much impossible to even tie up any loose with that time constricts.

It is pretty much the same type of ending you see when series get cancelled early expect this one ran for 400+ chapters.

DarkMehm

I don't like how this industry is treating their readers. The mangaka are awesome, but the publishers are mostly scum. You can't just cancel a 400+ chapter manga. Give it 5-6 weeks so it can have an ending.

Zeroth

I mean it was announced that it was ending during a major fight with like three more chapters left.

It was pretty much impossible to even tie up any loose with that time constricts.

It is pretty much the same type of ending you see when series get cancelled early expect this one ran for 400+ chapters.

You could notice Amano knew it was the last arc since she tried to answer lots of question at the same time. It became apparent with the way she addressed who was that doll Tsuna fought in the Future Arc due to how sudden it was. Still, some stuff is still left to speculation, like the Cervelo.

Kurita

I don't like how this industry is treating their readers. The mangaka are awesome, but the publishers are mostly scum. You can't just cancel a 400+ chapter manga. Give it 5-6 weeks so it can have an ending.

It's not like they said to her "Oh hey next week your manga is over".

Well I think the arc was actually set up and maybe even planned as a/the final arc as it did address the largest outstanding issue of the series. Only thing that could have extended the manga would been a time skip to them older and actually finally in the role of acting family head, I guess.

Would they really have cancelled it even if it was getting in the 200-500K range of sales? (wasnt it selling more than medaka box even)

The last chapter was totally wasted. A rushed imcomplete ending could have been squeezed there, it would have been much better that what we got.

Lain

ZFi0kNo.jpg

Got back from Japan a few days ago and got those during my holiday.

I needed to replace some of my previous FMA and Dragonball volumes due to misplacing them, but all the other stuff is pretty much stuff I haven't read yet (besides One Piece and OPM).

Nice show of Good Taste.
Except for the JoJo stuff. What kind of weirdos reads JoJo?!

I do wonder if she ran out of time to finish the arc then since the last fight did feel like oops, ran out of time!

If she had time to make, what was that six pages worth of color pages for the chapter (unless it doesnt really take a long time to plan and draw color pages...), then I dont see how she wouldnt have had time to have planned out adequate time for resolving the arc.

If she had time to make, what was that six pages worth of color pages for the chapter (unless it doesnt really take a long time to plan and draw color pages...), then I dont see how she wouldnt have had time to have planned out adequate time for resolving the arc.

Making color pages is pretty different from fitting the story so it'll fit in remaining chapters left. Not to mention, you got assistants to color and do the hard work.

I guess she couldn't end it in the next wave of cancellations due to lack of meaningful material but at the same time couldn't give it a decent enough ending with the amount of time she left for the series.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I have no goddamn clue what's going on in TWGOK right now.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I have no goddamn clue what's going on in TWGOK right now.
An arc has turned into a saga and now we're on arc #2. During this saga we're playing witness to various gags to waste time until Tenri forms a desire (liking Keima), gets a runaway spirit and finally gets conquered (after having not been conquered "normally" during the series). Somewhere during this the school fieldtrip/earthquake stuff will happen. At the end this arc will form some sort of stable time loop/retcon for why Tenri has a goddess and why she sent him back in time. And throughout it everyone is going to be crossing their fingers that the author doesn't plan to actually go through every conquest again in kids mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom