• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
SR44lOP.jpg

Dragons Rioting 3

It's amazing how this manga makes me care more about the MC than all the blatant fanservice shown left and right.

Without him, I would have honestly dropped this by now.

Naito

Regarding Death 20.5-21

'Twas different from the other chapters even though the closure was, to me, predictable.
I enjoyed it :)

scy

Dragons Rioting 3

It's amazing how this manga makes me care more about the MC than all the blatant fanservice shown left and right.

Without him, I would have honestly dropped this by now.

So I went to read the synopsis of this.

wat.

Who is best girl?

Kurita

Hokuto no Ken vol.1

I'm finally reading this Shonen Jump classic...
And IT'S AMAZING!
Epic one-liners, violence, blood, manliness everywhere. It's so f'n good.
I can already say that Ken is one of the best characters ever. So cool.

And the art is quite impressive.

Glass Mask's art really is a good match with its theatre based theme. Like theatre performances, most of the art is exaggerated, and makes me really feel like they're 'performing'.

Also the tempo has gotten much better by volume 3. There was too many scenes focusing on the characters gazing at god knows what in the first volume which just disrupts the pacing.

Kurita

Has Mangaf regulars ever done a regular podcast?

I got curious because apparently ShockingAlberto does a regular Jumpcast.

I do a bimonthly manga podcast with two friends (well, it's usually online like 2 or 3 weeks after the recording :lol).
We talk about the mangas released over the past two months. It usually lasts less than 2 hours, depending on how many mangas we read...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hokuto no Ken vol.1

And IT'S AMAZING!

They could have cut out like 10-15 of the latter volumes, but yeah, definitely a classic.

Kurita

As far as classic Jump series are concerned, I also need to read City Hunter.
The kanzenban edition looks pretty damn nice
HsxQhXp.jpg

DarkMehm

Wow, there is just so much to read. I don't know if I can ever read all the good Manga. I started my first Manga two years ago and am reading about 15 chapters a day since then. I can't read more than that. ;(

Kurita

You still have plenty of time to read mangas :lol

I think the major thing that keep me from reading more mangas (aside from time) is space to store all of them.
I only have 400 volumes but it's already hard to fit all of them on my shelves.

Akito

Nanatsu no Taizai 1
After finishing up Ultra Red and Kongou Banchou just recently from the same author, I'm finally able to get on with this manga. The setting is still quite simple but charming and I like the MC, I wanted to give him props to be so alpha but it makes sense if he was originally an adult, at least that's my assumption. Liz is still quite bland but she's cute and does not have the Hair-Trigger Temper. The art is great but that did not come as a surprise after reading Kongou Banchou.

Hokuto no Ken vol.1

And IT'S AMAZING!

If you like it, make sure to read fist of the blue sky afterwards.

Kusagari

Dragon Rioting 1-3

Seriously Japan? Hentai Syndrome?

The main character desperately trying not to interact with girls is hilarious though.

Akito

Nanatsu no Taizai 4
iNfk3t3zPrO1a.jpg

Such a refreshing pair in a Shounen manga.

Nanatsu no Taizai 7
Just when I'm having a Kongou vibe from Meliodas, he shows us his vulnerable side. Diane is a fun addition to the team.

See-Through (oneshot) (10pgs)
tumblr_mnf4geux1b1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Rainy day and pink bras through wet shirts. At least, like a few other stories with rain as a tool for the plot and setting, great confessions are made. A few extra pages would have been nice just to see how they responded to the sudden kiss, but leaving it to the imagination is alright.

Loved the character art, I think Im starting to be able to realize hers without even needing to know who penned it.

Akito

Nanatsu no Taizai 11
Damn, Ban is such a beast.

Nanatsu no Taizai 13
Mad props to Liz, such a strong determination.

Nanatsu no Taizai 15
iYzLru4a6VJWY.jpg

:lol dat reunion, these two are just ridiculous. so much for the magical barrier that could withstand ten tyrant dragons.

Has Mangaf regulars ever done a regular podcast?

I got curious because apparently ShockingAlberto does a regular Jumpcast.

:eek:

why isn't SA posting in this thread

Hokuto no Ken vol.1

And IT'S AMAZING!

Read Sanctuary next.

Night Magic Hour (one shot)
tumblr_mnf8fixt2n1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Of all the stories Ive encountered, I think this was the first time I ran into such a plot. It worked as a good premise starting slow and then getting a bit faster once Atsu Atsu tried to implement some plan to find out the reason. Thanks to his producer background and the trains, it did lead to something good. Funny.

Akito

Nanatsu no Taizai 18
That was another kind of reunion.

Nanatsu no Taizai 24
Hot damn, how are those 3 monsters struggling against a single girl.

Nanatsu no Taizai 25
King is also a monster alright. I'm wait for a silly reason why the other 3 did not fight with all their might, otherwise the gap between them and King is enormous.

Nanatsu no Taizai 25.5
ibve9MMXFTayiR.jpg

Akito

Nanatsu no Taizai 26
iqyeawcrfunbU.jpg

Yeah, thought so.

Nanatsu no Taizai 28
Dat foreshadowing/red herring.

Nanatsu no Taizai 30
I hope this tournament won't take as much time as the current one in OP.

All caught up now :(

Not to be ill or anything but what's it like being colorblind? Serious question. I was always curious as to how it worked.

Don't take this the wrong way but what's it like not being colorblind? It's a hard question to answer because I've just lived with it my whole life.

With women, yes.

I know that feel :/

I like you just the way you are.

Haha thanks I appreciate it

So many unplayable puzzle games :(

I'm good on Green-Cyan-Blue though, can't tell which is which (leads to hilarious conversations) but I can tell them apart as well as anyone else. So at least that's something.

Yeah, I'm so glad more recent games have added shapes to make games playable for me :X

Dragons Rioting 1 - 3
THIS IS GENIUS BWAHAHA

It's like the author of Kenichi finally did the manga he always wanted to make : a guy with endless fanservice.
With that said the peticular spin on the chaste hero trope is quite funny, and, well he's quite likeable imho

Koganeiro 1 - 3 (upandaway suggestion)
Woah it's really got that feel-good vibe, I got all nostalgic from high school, damn.
It also made me feel more compelled to study harder lol.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Nanatsu no Taizai:
Tournament arrrrrrrrrc~

Wiseblade

RIP superhero Toku

1971-2013

Also, I the Seven Deadly Sins popular in Japan? Seems like a bog standard post One Piece shonen to me.

I wonder about that too. Apparently he made 11 posts in OT1 and didn't post in the threads after that.

Ironically if he's doing a "Jump"cast he should fit right in with Wednesday fools.

He's far too reasonable to take part in the Wednesday round and round arguments

Dresden

Also, I the Seven Deadly Sins popular in Japan? Seems like a bog standard post One Piece shonen to me.

too early to tell but it'll end up like kongou bancho if it doesn't get an anime, proably

it's def. standard stuff tho, and hasn't really switched it up since the beginning, kinda disappointing after KB

Soma

Oyasumi PunPun 20-120

So I decided that it would be neat to catch up on this over the weekend after stopping for reasons I can't remember several months ago. Probably a bad idea to go through so much in so little time in retrospect.

Yeah.

I think I need to go take a walk for a bit.

Articalys

lolol

@BenApplegate (editor at Kodansha Comics)
Wow. I'm on Amtrak sitting next to somebody reading Fairy Tail on an aggregator. Really tempted to say something, but I'll restrain myself.

[replying to someone saying "I'm so sorry you have to deal with that shit."] It's ok, there are a lot of reasons for it and she has no way of knowing who I am. It's just too funny of a coincidence! I certainly don't think she's a bad person or anything, but thanks :)
The rest of his Twitter feed from Anime Boston this weekend is pretty good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom