• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read in the Shonen Jump US version of Nisekoi. The MC should just make one of them his girlfriend. Would be more humorous than the harem and fake confessions when dealing with relationship sabotage and attempted murder of the GF.

Nisekoi gets an anime? Kinda fits with the state of anime in general.

Also the author just throwed another girl to the harem. Is not switching genres anytime soon.

From what I've read in the Shonen Jump US version of Nisekoi. The MC should just make one of them his girlfriend. Would be more humorous than the harem and fake confessions when dealing with relationship sabotage and attempted murder of the GF.

So you want School Days.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

But think of the waifu wars!

wonzo

Banned
I like Nisekoi but I can agree with this. I would have loved to see the minus arc in animated glory.
it needs to happen so bad… :(

Minus arc will get animated when Ajimu comes back to life.
maybe they'll announce it when that jump next good loser kumagawa chapter gets published!

Moe killing anime.
dead.png

Wouldn't that end the series unless they went a school days route

bigkrev

I don't really understand why Nisekoi makes some people rage, it's just a generic harem series.

It's because its a somewhat interesting premise that the author just ruined. When was the last time the Keys were even brought up?!?

Also, waifu wars are serious buisness

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Should Negima be added to my list of things to read/watch? I only heard about it from doing a bit of research into "series that genre shifted into battle manga" based upon my question about Nisekoi lol

Eh, it's okay. The battle bits were fun.

They completely shit the bed with the ending though. Or the story in general.

If you hate creepy fan service you probably should avoid it though, because it is legion in negima.

dumbyugi

Maybe it's because I've read alot of harem series but Raku is hardly the worst MC and Onodera is just Haruna from To Love-Ru. I can understand finding it boring or just plain not liking it but I don't think it's worth raging at. Except for the sleeping through the confession scene, what a load of shit that was.

wonzo

Banned
Raku is the culmination of all the bad traits of every harem MC you can think of rolled into a ball and given a lobotomy.

dumbyugi

Someone spoil this confession scene or give me a chapter number I've heard a few of you mention it before and it's got me curious

Chapter 45. Onodera asks if she can kiss Raku but he had fallen asleep what would have to have been just seconds before she asked.

EDIT: I just re-read that chapter and the whole chapter is bad.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Chapter 45. Onodera asks if she can kiss Raku but he had fallen asleep what would have to have been just seconds before she asked.

EDIT: I just re-read that chapter and the whole chapter is bad.

That sounds like when Ippo confessed. Except shittier.

Which is bloody ridiculous.

I like cute things so that's why I can tolerate the concept of "moe" than most, although I don't deny that there are works out there that try to sexualize it to the extent that even I find uncomfortable with.

However, as a concept, I guess I can say that I like "moe."

What do you mean? Do you mean that most people kick a puppy and a baby every time they see them because they don´t like cute things? Almost everyone like cute things. What a stupid thing to say and a shitty defense. Liking moe and liking cute things are 2 totally different things. Moe/loli is fictional anime young female characters that have a cult following. Especially when most of these girls are under 16 years old. You can slice it however you want, i find it creepy as hell, but of course i don´t find them pedophiles.

K - Side: Black & White 1 - Bound Together (ln)

In reading this, which focused on kid Kuroh and Ichigen-sama, I couldnt help but think of the K manga, K - Stray Dog Story, which had given good images of Ichigen in his younger days. Combined with the description here, Ichigen is really portrayed quite lovingly and rather kind for Kuroh. Their disciple master relationship is quite deep and rather hard to describe for a bond. Its something, as the chapter indicates. Kid Kuroh being just as obsessed with him as in the present day made it memorable.

I thought it was a given that all shonen jump series will eventually shift into battle shonen in some capacity or simply be flat out canceled before it gets the chance to shift

And don't catch up on my comments, I haven't read one chapter of Nisekoi... yet

Yeah, even Love Hina did it for a bit. It was done rather well in fact.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You could see that ken akematsu really wanted to do a battle series, even back then. :p

What the hell is he up to nowadays anyway?

Nothing at the moment. He ended Negima in a big FU to his magazine due to their new copyright rules so if he wants to keep working he'll need to find a new one. That said he's probably got enough money to retire at this point.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What do you mean? Do you mean that most people kick a puppy and a baby every time they see them because they don´t like cute things? Almost everyone like cute things. What a stupid thing to say and a shitty defense. Liking moe and liking cute things are 2 totally different things. Moe/loli is fictional anime young female characters that have a cult following. Especially when most of these girls are under 16 years old. You can slice it however you want, i find it creepy as hell, but of course i don´t find them pedophiles.

Calm down, there is no need to throw down words like 'stupid' and 'shitty' since they pretty much set up... sorry for this, a shitty tone for a discussion.

I probably didn't word it right for that post.

"Moe" is a lot of things for everyone, and as for me, it is "cute". It is not loli: I mean, of course there are "moe" works that dabble in loli but to think them entirely one in the same is ridiculous, I think. The "there are Ferrari in cars but not all cars are Ferrari" thing.

Now, I don't really care if you or anyone here believe me or not, but trust me when I say that I do find loli/shouta (and guro, especially the sexualized kind) very repulsive. I suppose this is what you mean by me 'defending' something? That I actually want to defend me liking loli by conflating it with the same meaning as "moe"?

Moe and loli are not synonyms. Think of it like a Venn diagram.

Jintor

I like Akamatsu, but his visual style is super noisy.

Love Hina still one of my formative mangas though... and that fucking first anime theme song, I swear to god.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Raku voiced by Kirito?

F9ttT_zps6ee191b7.png

Allegedly. This site reported that they're reprising their role but there is no source really. It could definitely be the same VA but there are chances that it could change. As of now it's uncertain. Just throwing the possibility out there and that this site reported as stated.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Also, there are tendencies right now to treat everything 'cute' as 'moe' and that one word immediately set off alarm bells in people's minds and terms like "otaku", "pedophiles", or what-have-you immediately flood in into people's minds.

For example, you just *can't* have a thread about a Japan game with cute anime drawings in the gaming section without someone in it saying stuff like "wtfisthisshit" or "thisisforpedo" and things like that. Because in many people's mind "moe" is a term synonym with that kind of things... which is rather unfortunate (though understandable regardless.)

Articalys

Allegedly. This site reported that they're reprising their role but there is no source really. It could definitely be the same VA but there are chances that it could change. As of now it's uncertain. Just throwing the possibility out there and that this site reported as stated.
That's because there literally is no source for the anime cast. There is absolutely no proof whatsoever yet that the Vomic cast will be involved with the anime, no matter how likely it might be. The only public piece of info that anyone has on the anime adaptation so far is the bookstore poster announcing it.

I absolutely have no problem with reminding people who the Vomic cast was and getting excited for the possibility of them also being in the anime, but don't even start saying there's proof or even any shred of a rumor yet, because that site trying to definitively state, right now, that the anime cast is also going to be Matsuoka, Tomatsu, and Kanemoto is bullshit.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
That's because there literally is no source for the anime cast. There is absolutely no proof whatsoever yet that the Vomic cast will be involved with the anime, no matter how likely it might be. The only public piece of info that anyone has on the anime adaptation so far is the bookstore poster announcing it.

I absolutely have no problem with reminding people who the Vomic cast was and getting excited for the possibility of them also being in the anime, but don't even start saying there's proof or even any shred of a rumor yet, because that site trying to definitively state, right now, that the anime cast is also going to be Matsuoka, Tomatsu, and Kanemoto is bullshit.

No one in this forum is saying that there's any proof.

Articalys

No one in this forum is saying that there's any proof.
Why does that site believe that the anime voice cast for Nisekoi will include Matsuoka, Tomatsu, and Kanemoto?
I don't care how likely it is to be true; in their news post, they made a definitive statement about who the anime cast will be using nothing but the Vomic and baseless speculation, which is my main issue here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom