• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Makai no Ossan 145-167
makainoossan155.png

lol. Yuuji's p. much the best character.

suzu

Nanatsu no Taizai / The Seven Deadly Sins 30

The new antagonist has dbz eyes like Ban.
The demon blood stuff kinda reminded me of Dragon Age.. hah.
Diane was cute. King was cute for wanting/failing to stay with Diane.
Topless apron was born. &#9834;
Annnd.. tournament. Probably won't last too long.
Oh, and I guess we might see the sins fight each other.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I decided to check out Glass Mask since you folks are talking about it.

Oh... oh my, it's totally old-school Shoujo isn't it, complete with huge starry sparkling eyes and impossibly tall/handsome men all over the place like it's a sale.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Oh... oh my, it's totally old-school Shoujo isn't it, complete with huge starry sparkling eyes and impossibly tall/handsome men all over the place like it's a sale.

Well there's technically only one tall, dark and handsome male who gets any focus.

It's really more about the theatre than any shoujo bullshut.

Lain

The old-school shojo part is pretty accurate. Like all the old-school shojo, you get a good dose of adults bringing down the slap of justice on them young-lings.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Well there's technically only one tall, dark and handsome male who gets any focus.

It's really more about the theatre than any shoujo bullshut.

Well to be honest I just kind of automatically assumed the latter due to the existence of the former.

The old-school shojo part is pretty accurate. Like all the old-school shojo, you get a good dose of adults bringing down the slap of justice on them young-lings.

YES.

So goood.

Ahahahaha, what's this about? Now I am curious.

Lain

Saki 110-111

Still too few pages for this. At the current pacing, I'm getting the feeling this series will be chopped down by future censorship laws before we even get to see Saki play, let alone meet her sister.

Kagami No Kuni No Harisugawa 29
Well that was a fun ride. I don't know if it suffered from a premature ending due to ratings or if Kano decided to end it at chapter 29 because there was no story device to make the story go on, but in the latter case that was quite refreshing, not to have a story dragging along painfully.

Solannin (recommended by brotkasten)
Just kidding I already read it before and didn't like it

dumbyugi

Kagami No Kuni No Harisugawa 29
Well that was a fun ride. I don't know if it suffered from a premature ending due to ratings or if Kano decided to end it at chapter 29 because there was no story device to make the story go on, but in the latter case that was quite refreshing, not to have a story dragging along painfully.

Kano commented in the last volume that he ran of ideas so he ended it, though it probably wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway.

Terra Formars 31 - 41
tumblr_mngjouRwzN1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Marcos still for best or in the top three characters in this. Lightning fight was awesome though the twists and stuff was kind of predictable. I guess largely some things still remain predictable just how the writer writes. Its like there is always a "but" happening right after the protagonists are doing good. Though I hope the writer manages to break his own rule for that involving Marcos. If he could survive all 39 days and make it back, Alex too.

Wiseblade

What kind of sucky drama club wouldn't know about the crowd favourite in a national theatre competition that took place in their city?

Antiwhippy

What kind of sucky drama club wouldn't know about the crowd favourite in a national theatre competition that took place in their city?

Oh trust me.

This is a recurring theme.

The rest of the manga could be called "Maya's journey of being shit on by minor, one-off actors".

Also they always act surprised when they find out who she is.

Lain

It's because Maya looks so normal and plain to everyone when she's not acting. Who'd believe she's such an amazing actress?
Then they see her act and become green with envy and jealousy.
One of my preferred part of the manga is when she does the
restaurant acting part
. It is pretty amazing.
Also volume 49 comes out this month in Italy, can't wait!

Antiwhippy

38 volumes scanlated, with the original being at 50. The scanlation is show as molasses to the point where I'm not even sure if it's still even being done. It's like 1 chapter every 4 months or something.

I just get by reading translated summaries. T_T

It's because Maya looks so normal and plain to everyone when she's not acting. Who'd believe she's such an amazing actress?
Then they see her act and become green with envy and jealousy.
One of my preferred part of the manga is when she does
the restaurant acting part
. It is pretty amazing.
Also volume 49 comes out this month in Italy, can't wait!

That part was great. Shows maya's domination completely.

Also it's being localised in italy? Goddamn I wish I still remembered my italian classes.

Stinky

Great Teacher Onizuka v1-25

Wow, this was good. Really good.

I never expected there to be so much drama but it was very well done. Every student seemed to have a strawhat-level tragic backstory but I couldnt stop reading.

I think the ending would have been better if Onizuka had actually died.. but it was soooo cool when he was PRONOUNCED DEAD and Noboru was shouting at him to save Ms. Daimon.. and he escapes through the window to go help. The page where he arrives on a motorcycle, the page where he drives it through a window.. wow.

Oh and it was funny as well.

Antiwhippy

Dragon's rioting 2-3

You know, this could honestly be a much better manga. But anything that's not the premise or the main character is kinda boring.

Still, will follow just to see how the premise develops, because it's honestly a pretty hilarious concept.

Glass Mask Vol 3

Holy Shit Tsukikage sensei is crazy lol. She being harsh with Maya is a sight to behold.

Prison School 63

The chairman is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom