• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

My god once one piece hits the baroque works saga the official manga probably becomes the way to go, huh. at least until the end of Alabaster, looks like.

DarkMehm

My god once one piece hits the baroque works saga the official manga probably becomes the way to go, huh. at least until the end of Alabaster, looks like.

The manga is almost always the way to go. The first 3-400 chapters were better though. The panels were clear and weren't overbloated with things like it is now. Sometimes I can't really see what's going on.

Both at once, since I can read an entire arc in an hour or less. But not these scans. No way in hell. Quality dove right off a cliff. Guess I'm anime only from here on out...

Yeah I want to various B&N to read the manga cause the scans were awful, would buy them if not for the #zolo problem

dramatis

Avant-garde Yumeko 01a - 01b

I was both grinning and facepalming the whole time I read this. I probably shouldn't read any more.

Sairuiu 6
tumblr_mngre92Dyi1qbxqfpo1_500.png

A one shot focused on older adults and their regret. I liked the confession moment and how this one shop and the fish dish tied and brought them together. Art was pretty nice especially in the one restaurant and their description. Lovely story.

Fair enough. I think that I finished my first reading in a day.

Checked where vol 15 was, and I can't wait for your impressions for the next few chapters. :p

Drama!

I'm at volume 17. Ayumi waifu for the ages.

EDIT: NOW I REALISED WHERE PRINCESS JELLYFISH GOT THEIR EXPRESSIONS FROM.

Can't believe it took me this long.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
US Jump TOC for May 27th 2013

Naruto
One-Punch Man
Bleach
Cross Manage
Toriko
World Trigger
Nisekoi
Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal
Dragon Ball

Previews: Nisekoi and Naruto

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What do you mean? Do you mean that most people kick a puppy and a baby every time they see them because they don´t like cute things? Almost everyone like cute things. What a stupid thing to say and a shitty defense. Liking moe and liking cute things are 2 totally different things. Moe/loli is fictional anime young female characters that have a cult following. Especially when most of these girls are under 16 years old. You can slice it however you want, i find it creepy as hell, but of course i don´t find them pedophiles.

Spoken with the subtlety of a hammer to the mouth. Clean up your act, I'm tired of it.

El Sloth

Banned
Shiteating has universal appeal.

Nanatsu no Taizai/ The Seven Deadly Sins

3FfSsNn.png

Moe~

Fun chapter. I'm consistently impressed with Nakaba's ability to draw actual interesting looking crowds and throwaway background characters. They have so much personality for characters that will probably only appear for a single panel.

It's too bad mustache confirmed guy kicked the bucket. I was hoping to see him get jobbed again. I've got a feeling the next couple of chapters are going to be pretty fun.

Village

Yuri, shojo ai, and ecchi harem.

* looks at avatar*

I see.

Ecchi, smut
Other than that I like everything I guess.

Mangas that exist to push as fanservice to the genre they're portraying.

I don't know how to explain it in any other way, but that's basically it.

Could you elaborate a bit more, do you mean something like air gear where its far more over sexualized than it need be.

As for me, harems where nothing happsns.

I can read a harem manga if its like a funny joke in the background but the plot lies elsewhere. Or if they person picks someone to go out with, or screws something. At least there is sometime story progression.

Far too many harem manga's just status quo " oh you cant have them" "no you cant have them" " i will murder you for this person" " I-its not like I like you or something" these untill its over and nothing was accomplished.
Or the literal worst person for the protag is who the protag ends up with because the author ends up creating better characters as the manga goes on.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hardcore guro (softcore is okay), yuri (doujins), non-fantasy, endless shounen, bad art.

DarkMehm

I don't like episodic manga, like Detective Conan or Gintama. I tried over 30 chapters of the latter, but I couldn't get into it.

Noblesse

The authors will be on a 6 weeks break. It´s well deserved since they make a 24-28 color page chapter a week.

The meeting between Crombel and Francky was very disappointing, since it was really expected that the convo will go like that. Francky has made another artifact for Rai, which should help him to lock up his powers. Great ending of season 5. I will bet that the hibernating guy is either a werewolf or a Noblesse and is the number in the Union. He looks like a werewolf honestly. I will predict that he might be the original werewolf, or maybe the previous Noblesse. If he´s the previous Noblesse and all his powers are back because of his hibernation then the Nobles, and the Noblesse are in a huge trouble.

After a second thought he looks like a previous Noblesse because of the Hibernation.

Surprised nobody mentioned yaoi. I simply dont like it.

Otherwise, I am not much interested in slice of life manga. I only read if its recommended.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Only thing that bothers me with most yaoi is that it's always about fucking. It's always so cliché...

Better fucking than not fucking at all!

Can't argue with the cliche part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom