• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mengetsu

Come on, even if you do hate her you got to give her props. She beasted the fuck out of them. Some of you are salty than a motherfucker.
KuGsj.gif

NARUTO

I'll be that guy right now and say I honestly think Sakura is awesome in this chapter. Fantastic! Love the girl in this chapter :)

I'll add on to it as well. After so many years of weakness we now have the answer as to why. Dat build up!

smurfx

get some go again
i must be a heartless monster because merry's death didn't make me sad at all. ace and whitebeard dying did make me sad though.

Kurita

Cried reading :
Eyeshield 21
GTO
REAL
Punpun
SKET Dance (Switch's past and why he doesn't talk anymore, god damn, I think it's one of the saddest thing I've ever read, truly heartbreaking)
One Piece

Might be forgetting some.

IHaveIce

Banned
Naruto[/B

Eh Sakura is falling back again in swooning over Sasuke?

Sasuke smiles while protecting her?

She has a technique she can use all 3 years?

Oh man. SHE WANTS TO BE HOKAGE?!

This manga lol

DarkMehm

I cried in anger when reading KNIM, does that count?

But seriously, there were some really emotional scenes in OP and other manga and I shed some tears.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I nearly teared up at the end of solanin.

Also at the end of the bicycle journey in honey x clover.

Coming of age moments tend to get me.

Cried reading :
Eyeshield 21
GTO
REAL
Punpun
SKET Dance (Switch's past and why he doesn't talk anymore, god damn, I think it's one of the saddest thing I've ever read, truly heartbreaking)
One Piece

Might be forgetting some.

Sket Dance, for me Switch, and Bossuns/Tsubakis.

-
My list would have Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, Naruto, One Piece for Ace, Spiral Bonds of Reasoning, Mahoroba no Hibi, and a few others.

Wiseblade

Slap Mask vol 11

See, even Ayumi's mother is getting caught up in the STAGE STORM. A direct confrontation with the same supporting cast was the worst idea imaginable.

Solune

That is a good list Kurita.
---
It's been a very long time since I read something that impacted me that much but

Chapter 34 of Tegami Bachi
Chapter 23 of Claymore
Sai Kano

The manga never really got me but the anime sure as hell did. Hughes funeral is one of the hardest things to sit through for me, it gets me every single time.

In the 2003 series definitely, Episode 7 (Nina), and Episode 25 (Hughes), very emotional stuff. I watch Episode 25 again from time to time for those feels even though I'm not overly fond of FMA.

Averon

Smoky B.B.

I really liked the art of this one, especially the color page. Love the style.
I'll refrain from discussing the story though. The translation was terrible, I'll wait for better alternatives (if they ever present themselves). I'm getting sick of Panda's crap.

Agreed. I just finished reading the first chapter...and it was a struggle to get through. Terrible translation as you said. Typos and grammatical errors everywhere. I really hope Panda isn't the sole group doing this as I'll have to drop it otherwise.

Sauce

>.> Once again Sakura has become a fangirl..... Where the hell was the power vs Sasori or even Pain?

Yeah all of you can become Hokage, it won't matter that Sasuke kinda already said that so the impact is zero even as a joke.

Kishi finish Kakashi vs Obito so that we can get to Madara vs Hashirama.

The only thing that would shock me at this point is if Kishi killed off Hinata to make NaruSaku a thing.

Naruto

Why does Kishimoto not utilize Sakura´s genjutsu abilities? That would be a great improvement to her and she does not have to wait 3 years to use it. Sakura has been mishandled greatly in second part.
Tsunade is over 50. Maybe he still lived about 30 years ago. It could be another mistake by Kishi though.
IIRC her little brother and Dan were the only ones alive when she was much younger.

Erigu

Naruto
How did Hashirama know about Tsunade´s power?
How did he know "Itachi" was Sasuke's brother?
How did Sasuke know about Obito's real plans?
How did Shikaku know about Obito's weakness?
They read the manga, that's why.
That also explains why they don't seem to take any of this seriously.

wonzo

Banned
Soredemo 20-28

soredemo27.png

If there's one thing this series excels at (other than its great faces & being incredibly witty, charming, funny) is how earnestly it manages to build up this really tight-knit community that well and truly cares about one another. The flashback arc really with the young Hotori and the granddaughter of the used show owner really drove this home to me. I think it was the scene with Granny that really nailed it. I also forgot the old man was actually dead which made the last chapter really moving.

tl;dr: this is the best thing ever and you should read it

Erigu

Hashirama mention s that he knew Tsunade as a child and passed on his gambling habits on to her. Remember harder.
Yeah, back when she was little. But how old was she when Hashirama died?
She was a pupil of the Third Hokage, right? And the Second Hokage died when the Third was still fairly young...

Man, I would love to see Shûeisha's attempt at a timeline once this is all over. What a clusterfuck.

Wiseblade

Yeah, back when she was little. But how old was she when Hashirama died?
She was a pupil of the Third Hokage, right? And the Second Hokage died when the Third was still fairly young...

Man, I would love to see Shûeisha's attempt at a timeline once this is all over. What a clusterfuck.

She had to be old enough to gamble, right? But considering the Ninja world sends 12 year olds to fight and die in war, the gambling age could just be 6.

Hystzen

Wait Sakura is being useful

oh she been attacked by random monster and needs be saved

*phew* thought something major was going to happen then but Kishi can't have girls being useful so nothing changes

Averon

Orochimaru is oddly absent. I'm holding on to this (probably vain) hope that he's planning to back stab the alliance (or anyone for that matter) in some way. There's no sense of urgency or tension at all, which is strange considering this is supposedly the end game.

Orochimaru is oddly absent. I'm holding on to this (probably vain) hope that he's planning to back stab the alliance (or anyone for that matter) in some way. There's no sense of urgency or tension at all, which is strange considering that is supposedly the end game.

There may be no sense of urgency because kishi isn't a good writer.

Hystzen

Bleach is always good a training parts due to character interaction plus more Sajin is always welcome such a awesome character always a shame he was used to gauge enemy strength for readers

Wiseblade

Kiss Mask Vol 12

I called it! Even Ayumi own mother preferred performing with Maya. And Ayumi knows it! if the idea of this was to show Maya as inferior, then it was a complete failure.

Village

Naruto

Naruto , why you and jin kazama actin like both of you couldnt punch holes in a dimension. Her power is meaningless, woo she can break the ground. Did you not see what you just did, that was a waste of a few pages.

Also, giant ballsack barrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom