• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
oWei2a3.jpg

Cirque Arachne - 1-6 [END]

Yeah, this will definitely be a must read on my recommendations. Watching the two main leads Teti and Lotte blossom from awkward stage partners to a beautiful duo was an absolute pleasure. The "opposites attract" appeal does its work in this story, as you have Teti's overly friendly nature muscle its way through Lotte's social barrier that originally kept her interactions with others to a minimum. There's tons of fluff that leaves you begging for more until you reach the 5th chapter where everything is laid out on the table by Lotte's heart piercing confession. An incredibly sweet, artsy story with a feelgood ending.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So as I watch the HxH anime, I think "ugh it's been too long" the wait for Togashi to return from hiatus is awful how have some of you done it for years?

You find something else to read. Then you cry yourself to sleep until you forget, at which point he comes back and puts out some chapters. Then the whole cycle starts again.

wonzo

Banned
oWei2a3.jpg

Cirque Arachne - 1-6 [END]

Yeah, this will definitely be a must read on my recommendations. Watching the two main leads Teti and Lotte blossom from awkward stage partners to a beautiful duo was an absolute pleasure. The "opposites attract" appeal does its work in this story, as you have Teti's overly friendly nature muscle its way through Lotte's social barrier that originally kept her interactions with others to a minimum. There's tons of fluff that leaves you begging for more until you reach the 5th chapter where everything is laid out on the table by Lotte's heart piercing confession. An incredibly sweet, artsy story with a feelgood ending.
Glad you enjoyed it. It could've used some more chapters for better pacing though.

You find something else to read. Then you cry yourself to sleep until you forget, at which point he comes back and puts out some chapters. Then the whole cycle starts again.

The only real thing of note is the film that comes out on DVD this summer meaning we should get some hq subs then.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Vinland Saga

KswxJT4.png

Thorfinn with that martial hax.

Interesting to see that we're finally going to go to the namesake of the manga. Kinda ironic about wanting to set up a land free of slaves in america though.

wonzo

Banned
The Holes by Machino Henmaru

theholes.png

It's been awhile since I've re-read this classic and yet it never ceases to amaze me with the deep social commentary on the self destructive nature of giving into empty pleasures. machino :bow :bow

7 Seeds vol 4

I'm conflicted. On one hand, this is still really boring and the winter team was just as shitty as the rest. On the other hand, the dog's story was beautiful, and I am super susceptible to stuff like that (especially at the moment). I kind of want to see where things go with the puppies, but I also kind of don't because it's still boring.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Fuck Jump editors, Gun Blaze West could've been a breakout hit.

And did Viz put Gintama on hiatus?

Nobody was buying Gintama, so Viz cancelled publication.
Gag series don't translate well overseas. Even the Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo manga was cancelled fairly quickly despite the anime being fairly popular (I also blame Sawai for forbidding the first 8 volumes from getting released).

Has Mangaf regulars ever done a regular podcast?

I got curious because apparently ShockingAlberto does a regular Jumpcast.

Oh hey, I was wondering why I was getting referrals from GAF.

Yeah, this is mine. Another GAF poster, Kyou, is also on the podcast. It's cool to know we have fans here! We both read this thread and it has turned us on to more than a few manga.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Is it next week yet? I've managed to suppress the One Piece withdrawal but it's starting to surface a bit.

My Father is a Loli 1-2

Yeah, this is pretty ridiculous. With this kind of premise, you don't really even have to do anything. The insanity just comes naturally, yet I'm still impressed by the developments of chapter 2.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Otoyomegatari 29

J4iLgaz.png

Oh my. *swoon*

Seems like things are heading towards war now. Amir's family tribe might be fighting with karluk's tribe soon.

Naruto spoilers

There’s some conversation involving Sasuke as they go forth toward the Juubi at the same time.

The Juubi forms a bijuu dama in the barrier, but, because it’s in the barrier, it damages itself.

Hashirama makes four mokuton bunshin, and he creates a hole in the barrier through which everyone can attack.

They finish their preparations, but Madara’s clone appears before them. Let’s do it, he says, and he tells them to wait till his real body arrives.

The Juubi forms lots of human clones to attack the ninja alliance.

Sakura uses some sort of jutsu to eradicate the clones. Naruto trembles from exhaustion while Sasuke smiles at him smugly.

This jutsu is something that requires the user to store up chakra for three years. Shizune wasn’t able to perform it.

Sakura seems to think she’s finally caught up after all this time. Sakura gets distracted, and the Juubi attacks, but Naruto and Sasuke protect her. They fight back-to-back.

The spoiler provider seems to feel that the chapter felt a bit rushed.

dumbyugi

Jump #27 (03/06) :
Nisekoi (Cover & Lead Color Page, Anime Ad)
Shokugeki no Souma
Assassination Classroom
Smoky B.B. (Color Page, 25 pg.)
World Trigger
Toriko
Naruto (Color Page)
Kuroko no Basket
Mutou Black (23 pg.)
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Bleach
Chouzunou Ouji Yunihei-sama Z (Color Page, One Shot, 27 pg.)
Soul Catcher(S)
Hq!!
Gintama
Beelzebub
Kochikame
Sket Dance
Cross Manage
Koisuru Edison
Isobe Iso Hyoue Monogatari (One Shot)
One Piece (Absent)
Hunter x Hunter (Hiatus)

Jump #28:
Cover & Lead CP: One Piece
CP: Assassination Classroom, Nigashiya (One Shot)

It seems the bottom 5 from earlier was wrong.

Again !! 40
C'mooooon more releases ! (please)

Yamada & The Witches 61
Firstly a jossed theory.
Secondly exposing a cunning plan.
Thirdly, body swapping.
Good chapter nonetheless.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I can relate. I save all my best consumables for the last fight anyway.

Unless there's a post-game...

Again!! 40

Looks like the time streams are converging. Hope we see more of depressed future Usami, although I don't really want to go back to the future. Massive brain damage seems like a poor method of time travel.

upandaway

They're making Oda come back from hospitalization with a color page? Hopefully he had that done before it happened because seriously now

Shokugeki no Soma first, damn.
Also what what the hell happened with World Trigger, that has to be editor placement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom