• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

Oh hey, I was wondering why I was getting referrals from GAF.

Yeah, this is mine. Another GAF poster, Kyou, is also on the podcast. It's cool to know we have fans here! We both read this thread and it has turned us on to more than a few manga.
You and Kyou should post in here more often. Since you guys do Jump you might even like the crazy Wednesdays here.

Also, consider adding Shokugeki no Soma to your lineup of reads.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kiss Mask Vol 12

I called it! Even Ayumi own mother preferred performing with Maya. And Ayumi knows it! if the idea of this was to show Maya as inferior, then it was a complete failure.

The manga wasn't trying to show that Maya is inferior if that's what you mean.

Yeah, about that…

I get that, but it means that volume 11 will be in limbo for a long time seeing that the scanlation is not active. :(

How did he know "Itachi" was Sasuke's brother?
How did Sasuke know about Obito's real plans?
How did Shikaku know about Obito's weakness?
They read the manga, that's why.
That also explains why they don't seem to take any of this seriously.
Touche. They do read the manga :p

Bleach

What are you making Mayuri? Damn, this Mayuri business made things really interesting.
More Komamura is always great.

Bleach is always good a training parts due to character interaction plus more Sajin is always welcome such a awesome character always a shame he was used to gauge enemy strength for readers

Agreed with all of this.

Hystzen

Bleach

What are you making Mayuri? Damn, this Mayuri business made things really interesting.

The dead bodies from HM which he found in syazels lab probably have something do with .Either Hollows which Aizen created (what we saw in the Isshin flashback) or quincies and making a weapon to counter the medallions

The dead bodies from HM which he found in syazels lab probably have something do with .Either Hollows which Aizen created (what we saw in the Isshin flashback) or quincies and making a weapon to counter the medallions

Whatever he´s making it´s alive. Yeah the HM bodies will play role Kubo said in those 3 weeks break.

Boys, Be Ambitious (end) (Shounen yo, Taishi toka Iroiro Idake)
tumblr_mnk7f7lP1N1qbxqfpo4_250.png

Picked it up yesterday from viz sublime but it was digital only...Had never heard of it before until their editor/person on PR was talking about how hilarious it was while she was doing so I thought to check it out. Fortunately it did end up being quite hilarious and really silly at times. The whole cast all around had their moments and gave many unforgettable moments. Sometimes I was wondering what I was even reading (language warn). Other times I was just rather excited and all in love with what was going on. The whole boys dorm kind of banding together to get the two main characters together was great especially how everyone but they knew that they were starting to fall in love. Handholding act was the best act followed up with the two tub scene chapters and then the confession. Fun read.

Naruto

Ok chapter, Madara just chilling refusing to fight a clone was kinda funny, considering he got tricked by one before he died. We're all gonna be hokages lols eugh, is this the first time Sakura has been useful?

Antiwhippy

FWIW I've been able to access the online Viz store with unblock.us, though I haven't actually tried purchasing anything yet.

I'd imagine you would still need an american credit card right?

It's just kinda weird though, because I thought viz had a partnership with madman to distribute their stuff over here.

Naruto

Ok chapter, Madara just chilling refusing to fight a clone was kinda funny, considering he got tricked by one before he died. We're all gonna be hokages lols eugh, is this the first time Sakura has been useful?

She just spent the last chapter healing Naruto so I'd say that's more useful then blasting some scrub monsters.

Kusagari

Naruto

Best part of the chapter was Madara and Hashirama as usual.

Bleach

Great chapter. Mayuri's up to something, Soifon's training and we're going to see Komamura fight his badass looking grandpa.

wonzo

Banned
I'd imagine you would still need an american credit card right?

It's just kinda weird though, because I thought viz had a partnership with madman to distribute their stuff over here.
I just tried to by something to see what happens and the region thing kicked in orz

But yeah I do think they have a deal with Madman on some things as my Nausicaa set from them had the Viz logo on it and everything.

Stulaw

Naruto

Good to see Sakura get some time in the spotlight, and good to see Naruto's old Squinty eye expression back, I think Madara doesn't care about the Juubi anymore simply because Harishima's there.

Bleach
Good chapter, it's slowly getting back to where it was before the time skip. I wonder if Ichigo saying goodbye to Zangetsu is just that Zangetsu will change form. He could even change into a woman.

Naruto 632
tumblr_mnk8ew3suD1qbxqfpo1_500.png

As a Kiba fan, I too, like Hinata, always listen to Kiba. However, I don't think I ever had him on any list of becoming hokage. But he is hilarious and a good guy, always use him in UNS games (after Naruto/Sasuke and Suigetsu).

Sakura performed admirably combined with Naruto Sasuke and their dialogue made it quite fun. If all three can take out a big foe I think I would be nearly wholly satisfied with this entire arc.

Hystzen

Bleach
Good chapter, it's slowly getting back to where it was before the time skip. I wonder if Ichigo saying goodbye to Zangetsu is just that Zangetsu will change form. He could even change into a woman.

Old Man Zangetsu with breasts is for some reason what I'm seeing in my head and I'm not sure if that is wrong or cool

SykoTech

Naruto

Kishi, nobody likes Sakura. Not even yourself, as you admitted Hinata would have been a better heroine. I understand that you made your bed already and are trying to salvage what's left of your pitiful creation, but it's too late now. At this point, your just wasting everyone's time. Especially since her epic moment was just punching fodder. And then on the very next page, she's about to get killed by fodder and needs Naruto and Sasuke to bail her ass out as usual. Putting her right back to square one and wasting the chapter/development.

I hope next chapter goes back to Kakashi vs Obito. The stuff on the battlefield has gotten terrible.

Yamada and the Seven Witches 61

Didnt realize another chapter was out until scrolling back through the thread and saw someone mention it. I thought it was a good chapter that showed why I keep sticking with it. If we can get more of those scenes (though could have had both of them drawn, but still not bad to have chosen the best one for the kiss (miyamura)).

oni_saru

@Dedication Through Light

Boys, Be Ambitious (end) (Shounen yo, Taishi toka Iroiro Idake)

" Sometimes I was wondering what I was even reading (language warn)."

Okay that peanut butter bit got me//dies xD

Naruto

hey look Sakura is useful finally. *last bit where she still ends up getting saved* Welp some things never change :S

Antiwhippy

Award Mask vol 13

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Retcon: Talk about a sore loser!

It's kinda true though, in a way. :p That's what always separates maya and ayumi.

Which is why I think there could be a disconnect for people who don't believe in the extreme acting interpretation that maya does.

Wiseblade

It's kinda true though, in a way. :p That's what always separates maya and ayumi.

Which is why I think there could be a disconnect for people who don't believe in the extreme acting interpretation that maya does.

But it's really petty to say "Charm and stage presence don't count! I'm still better than you!", especially in the middle of an award ceremony.

Just make Shikamaru the Hokage and be done with it.

But the Hokage has to be the Village's guardian and champion, as well as the leader. Shikamaru isn't nearly strong enough for that. He'd still be better than Sakura or Sasuke, though.

Just make Shikamaru the Hokage and be done with it.

Too much work and itd be such a drag.

Bleach
tumblr_mnkbk8RQzu1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Was quite sure his name, in the research division was Akon, never knew some fans called him Agon. The best panel easily in this kind of dull chapter. Though one mystery may be revealed it was just really done in a kind of dull manner. Oh well, still coming off the good feelings from Naruto, cant complain too much about Bleach.

IHaveIce

Banned
I believe there won't be such a thing as 'hokage' anymore at Naruto's end.

There will be country councils of only the strongest ninja and everyone we know of will be part of it.

Sasuke and Naruto the head chairmans of this council

CronoShot

Naruto

So Sakura's super secret power that will put her on par with Naruto and Sasuke is...punching really hard? And can only be used once every 3 years?

And she STILL had to be saved in the end?

smh

Raxus

Naruto:

Sakura shows off power up to prove she isn't useless. 2 pages later she is almost killed and has to be saved and is still useless.

One Piece:

T_T I am starting to believe Oda's assistants are fake and this is some sick experiment to slowly kill him.

7Th

Why is yuri so superior to yaoi? Must be because most yuri is drawn by actual lesbians while yaoi is only drawn by fujoshi trying to get meaningless quick satisfaction. "Holes" warned us about it.

Naruto 632

Wait, did I read that right?

3 years was how long she was storing chakra and she still needed saving after performing that megaton punch against the spawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom