• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
no u

63VFrMt.jpg

I have like the exact same hairstyle.

Except my fringe is not as dumb.

Psycho-Pass - Kanshikan Tsunemori Akane 5
tumblr_mnkh60OU3J1qbxqfpo1_250.png

More power unto this manga if it is truly as popular as the front page says (multiple printings, at >100K), I guess they could go on and fully adapt the anime then.

Spooky Boogie affair worked better in the anime due to all the sights and sounds and really bringing things to life especially the virutal world paralleling the avatars as seen in Accel World. Much of the charm in the chapter though came from Makishima moment, and then the typical Kogami, Ginoza, Kagari, Tsunamori interaction. Fun to still see Kagari around...

789shadow

Banned
Bleach

Oh boy, just the character everyone wanted to see, FAT BASTARD.

Naruto

What words can you even use anymore?

One Piece

Don't die Oda.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The way her hair is cut in the front is just ughh

She just lets it grow wherever the fuck it goes. Part of why she's Worst Girl.

Naruto

Seriously though, I feel like only a 13 year old would seriously enjoy this chapter with how ridiculously cheesy it was. Everyone talking about nostalgia...do they not remember the shit they had to go through, individually, as kids, to rescue Sasuke's deserting ass? And now they're all talking about nostalgia and hokage business as a class? Team 7 reunited?

Kishi plz.

You want your reuniting to have impact, you have to write the separation well. The last time the split between Naruto and Sasuke was written well was at The Valley Of The End, that was more than 5 years ago. Ever since then it's been terrible.

Honestly, making Sakura somehow good now is a slap in the face to Sakura fans. All 4 of them. After having her be nothing more than nuisance to Naruto and Sasuke for years, it seems so forced. But more specifically, after her pathetic lapse in judgment to show up in front of Sasuke attempting to 'kill' him, this just makes any character development that was supposed to have brought about from that... disappear. That seemingly crucial scene may as well have never happened. That scene was supposed to be the scene where Sakura finally saw what everyone else saw, and that Naruto was to be the only one who would look to Sasuke as redeemable. That scene was supposed to finally push Sakura over the edge, maybe not to hating Sasuke, but to being "meh" in the same way everyone else was. Naruto, as the protagonist with a goal, was supposed to then become the only person in the entirety of the manga that would see his goal of redeeming Sasuke through - as a possibility, even. We understood when we got Sakura's stupid scene with fake Neji that she still had feelings for him - okay - whatever, but for her to act as if that moment never happened, just wow, Kishi.

And then to make it even more of a joke, we have Sakura performing a stupid move that has 0 consequence to the story overall. There's no reason some schmuck from WhatsitVillage couldn't have done that. I have no reason to believe that Sakura will be doing anything of importance in the big scheme of thing because she had to "charge" up this move; and if this is Team 7 working together than I'd rather see Hinata and Naruto holding hands for 20 pages.

Kishi plz.

The color page was nice, though. But Kishi's usually always are.

Man, that's a lot of words to say "I don't know why I didn't like this but every one else didn't so I don't."

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

Sakura, bitch please. We need Hinata in this history.

Has anyone considered the possibility that Hinata is unattractive and you're all rooting for Naruto to bang a troll?

scy

Yeah, it's a shame that aside from the yandere, this manga does not have anything interesting to offer, way to waste the premise.

She's best girl.

There's a greater than zero chance that she won't be winning girl.

That is the greatest tragedy ever.

Angry Grimace

Wait, in universe? Or are you saying that YOU find Sakura more attractive than Hinata?

In-universe. I mean, we've seen multiple dudes want to bang Sakura (random ninja mook, Naruto, Rock Lee) and zero character that even looked at Hinata. Maybe Hinata's just a butterface.

Wiseblade

In-universe. I mean, we've seen multiple dudes want to bang Sakura (random ninja mook, Naruto, Rock Lee) and zero character that even looked at Hinata. Maybe Hinata's just a butterface.

Nobody said anything when Hinata confessed during the Pain arc? Again, I have to ask: Is this Hinata exclusive, or are you saying that the Hyuuga clan is inherently ugly in the Naruto world?

Village

Not that many but that's because the manga in themselves are terrible, the yanderes actually make many of them bearable. Blame the game, not the players.

Ah, that does make sense although I liked yuki in future diary more than anyone else. any more notable ones besides the ussual.

Angry Grimace

She has it where it counts.

Boobs.

...that's a butterface, man. Its a non-starter when you're literally the most popular person in the entire city.

Nobody said anything when Hinata confessed during the Pain arc? Again, I have to ask: Is this Hinata exclusive, or are you saying that the Hyuuga clan is inherently ugly in the Naruto world?

Its not more complicated than I'm suggesting. Maybe she's just not very attractive. I'm sure those milky zombie eyes don't help.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Man, that's a lot of words to say "I don't know why I didn't like this but every one else didn't so I don't."
Is it hard to understand? I don't like it because it's cheesy and it's terribly done. Sakura is a terrible character too.

But then again, you knew that.

Hystzen

Who else is ready for the end of Gantz next week

only 2 more chapters left then this disaster of a final arc is over

still not sure if Naruto has dipped into Gantz bad territory yet but it close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom