• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

In-universe. I mean, we've seen multiple dudes want to bang Sakura (random ninja mook, Naruto, Rock Lee) and zero character that even looked at Hinata. Maybe Hinata's just a butterface.

Have any of the young female ninja, besides Sakura, had anyone really look their way?

Sakura is obviously a supermodel in comparison to the rest.

Village

Have any of the young female ninja, besides Sakura, had anyone really look their way?

Sakura is obviously a supermodel in comparison to the rest.

To be fair, we do not go into the lives of the other female ninja enough to see.

Also she wooed like two dudes, haku milk shake brought more dudes through the yard

Village

Guile and That-Guy-From-Tekken say hi.

His name is paul

character_header_paul.jpg

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Who else is ready for the end of Gantz next week

only 2 more chapters left then this disaster of a final arc is over

still not sure if Naruto has dipped into Gantz bad territory yet but it close

Tae chan! Kuruno kun! Tae chan! Kuruno kun!

Naruto wasn't ever as bad as Gantz.

That aside, what the hell was with Bleach? Oh goody let's introduce more characters nobody gives an ass about!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I liked Naruto. There was nothing particularly offensive, I don't know how people can write paragraphs upon paragraphs to describe how much they hate a 20 page comic about a girl punching some monsters really hard. Even the two-word hate posts are insane at this point. I just don't know what you people want.

It's neat how Team 7 is sorta the new Sannin, each taught by one of the previous three. Fun to see them fight together.

I liked Naruto. There was nothing particularly offensive, I don't know how people can write paragraphs upon paragraphs to describe how much they hate a 20 page comic about a girl punching some monsters really hard. Even the two-word hate posts are insane at this point. I just don't know what you people want.

It's neat how Team 7 is sorta the new Sannin, each taught by one of the previous three. Fun to see them fight together.

The memories it brings back :D. However it seems Sasuke has some ulterior motives. Sakura definitely showed that she deserves to be part of Team 7 here.

In-universe. I mean, we've seen multiple dudes want to bang Sakura (random ninja mook, Naruto, Rock Lee) and zero character that even looked at Hinata. Maybe Hinata's just a butterface.

tumblr_mmhq5mSJDN1rv4a09o1_r4_500.gif

Kishi trolling the pairing fans two chapters in a row hahaha.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

The problem is Sakura went from fodder level to top tier in the space of a chapter. Kishi didn't earn it, he skipped a lot of development just because he wanted to do it now. It feels like he's just assuming we all follow the anime so he can cut corners.

Kurita

Steel Ball Run vol.3

Love that cover.
Another great volume, this part has been consistently good and entertaining since the beginning.
Gyro is definitely a great character, one of the coolest MCs of the franchise.

Wiseblade

I want Kishimoto to earn it. Sasuke showing up and everyone acting like nothing ever happened is ridulous. "Remember when I abandoned the village and teamed up with a guy who tried to kill us all? Remember when I killed the acting Hokage and plotted to destroy the village? Hey Naruto and Sakura, remember when I promised to kill you? All water under the bridge, right? By the way, I want to be the new leader of the village."

Insane. Not to mention Kishimoto has really messed with the whole "each generation surpassing the one before it" thing. Naruto spends years wrestling the Ninetales, but Minato has it on lock in under 15 minutes? Sakura's crowning moment is copying the signature technique of her mentor? At least Naruto built upon the Rasengan.

The salt in here regarding Sakura is getting, kind of, frightening actually.

I fear for this thread's sanity if Hinata is brushed to the side in the end

The problem is Sakura went from fodder level to top tier in the space of a chapter. Kishi didn't earn it, he skipped a lot of development just because he wanted to do it now. It feels like he's just assuming we all follow the anime so he can cut corners.

Not really. She's always been at that level, she's just never switched like that before and had the will to. She's nowhere close to Sasuke or Naruto though I so wouldn't say top tier.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Top tier is a bit of a stretch. She's like Tsunade level, which is already pretty much nowhere near Naruto/Sasuke, previous Hokage or even Jiraiya level. Kishimoto could have made this into a cool reveal if he had made Tsunade simply claim it took several years of chakra storage to gain that seal sometime back in Part I (so the timeline would fit in a neat way), but I doubt he had really conceived of it yet.

I want Kishimoto to earn it. Sasuke showing up and everyone acting like nothing ever happened is ridulous. "Remember when I abandoned the village and teamed up with a guy who tried to kill us all? Remember when I killed the acting Hokage and plotted to destroy the village? Hey Naruto and Sakura, remember when I promised to kill you? All water under the bridge, right? By the way, I want to be the new leader of the village."

Insane.

Uh, they said all that in the last chapter. Like literally the first thing the Rookie 9 said was, "go fuck yourself you can't be Hokage because you're a huge dick." I don't honestly know how you could have forgotten that.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Insane.

To be fair though no one really wanted or accepted Danzou as the hokage, even if it was a temporary thing.

And he DID order sasuke's brother to kill his entire clan.

Wiseblade

Top tier is a bit of a stretch. She's like Tsunade level, which is already pretty much nowhere near Naruto/Sasuke, previous Hokage or even Jiraiya level. Kishimoto could have made this into a cool reveal if he had made Tsunade simply claim it took several years of chakra storage to gain that seal sometime back in Part I (so the timeline would fit in a neat way), but I doubt he had really conceived of it yet.

Uh, they said all that in the last chapter. You just conveniently forgot it.

No, Kiba and Shino threw up some opposition. Naruto and Sakura, the people he promised to kill to their faces, welcomed him back with open arms.

To be fair though no one really wanted or accepted Danzou as the hokage, even if it was a temporary thing.

Because the Uchiha were plotting to overthrow the village. Why do people always forget that part?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

That's kind of my thought. They don't really operate on the same laws of justice and honor that everyone else does (*by which I mean, modern notions) and they really did murder his entire clan preemptively because they thought they were dicks. Sure, Raikage probably would be pissed off, but Raikage also had Neji's dad murdered in a political plot to kidnap Hinata and rip her eyes out.

No, Kiba and Shino threw up some opposition. Naruto and Sakura, the people he promised to kill to their faces, welcomed him back with open arms.

They're in the middle of fighting a gigantic World Crushing monster. Context. Moreover, Naruto has literally always been that way from Chapter 1 until now. That's like complaining that Goku is stupid. No shit.

Insane. Not to mention Kishimoto has really messed with the whole "each generation surpassing the one before it" thing. Naruto spends years wrestling the Ninetales, but Minato has it on lock in under 15 minutes? Sakura's crowning moment is copying the signature technique of her mentor? At least Naruto built upon the Rasengan.

Tbh they would be much more offensive if Naruto and Sakura weren't there and like Shikamaru says they need all the help. I still think they dislike him and I am not convinced Sasuke was saying the truth last chapter.

You have to bear in mind that Naruto,Sasuke and Sakura are much younger than their older generational counter parts.

That being said though, I will stand by my statement that out of all of Kishimoto's characters that got shitted on by him, Sakura undoubtedly had the most potential in terms of both personality and ninja repertoire. It's not even close.

A shame Kishi didn't capitalize on that potential. She could've been a fascinating character to watch grow in the same vein as Zuko.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

Well I'm not really sure how that'd be done differently. We know Sakura's been training under Tsunade largely off-panel, we know she's got monster strength (see: Sasori fight), and I think the nature of the move she used in this chapter is pretty in keeping with that progression. Silently storing vast quantities of chakra in order to use it all at once is Tsunade's trump card, and Sakura's greatest skill was always chakra moulding. It's not like there's even any proper "training" to show for a move like that.

Insane.

Acting like nothing ever happened? When he showed up everyone was like hey you piece of shit where do you get off showing up here and expecting us to just be best buds. They were ready to fight him at first. They're in the middle of a battlefield, though, some of this shit has to just be put aside so they can work together against the things trying to kill them. No one forgot what he did, but the only thing that matters right now is that he's not going to try to attack them, and he's going to help them. The rest can all be put off and be dealt with later.

Now Naruto and Sakura definitely don't react like that. Naruto is in keeping with his character, so I have no complaints. Sakura I think has just always wanted things to go back to how they used to be. Yeah she tried to kill him, but she failed miserably because she couldn't bring herself to do it. However much she SAYS that she's done with Sasuke, she's never actually been. And now here he is, and he's acting friendly, and it's gonna be extremely hard to not be allured by that in the moment. NO ONE in this situation is just all best friends again, but the nature of the battlefield is forcing people to make abbreviated judgements and just roll with them so they can get things done.

[Edit] Man, everyone already said all of this while I was typing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom