• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot:

Hey Naruto, remember when I actually tried to kill you and thrust my hand through your chest? Hey Sakura, remember when I tried to kill you by cutting you down with my sword?

Kishimoto hard-on for Sasuke knows no bounds. I would have more respect for him if he just doses with Naruto what seems like he really want to do. Namely turn it into a hard core yoai title, and have Naruto and Sasuke bang for like 20 chapters.

Kishimoto shitted on Sasuke several times.

If you want characters he has a hard on for, Itachi and Minato are in a league entirely on their own.

It's not even a fucking contest.

Nice. I can't really think of a single filler arc I've enjoyed. They're most of the time filled with some hilariously generic looking characters.
Well, to be sort of fair, at this point in the anime game in 2013, can you really make a character design that isn't somewhat based of something else?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kishimoto shitted on Sasuke several times.

If you want characters he has a hard on for, Itachi and Minato are in a league entirely on their own.

It's not even a fucking contest.

If Kishimoto loved Sasuke, wouldn't he make him less of a fucking dick all the time?

Well, to be sort of fair, at this point in the anime game in 2013, can you really make a character design that isn't somewhat based of something else?

Bleach filler characters are REALLY generic.

Let me rephrase that: They often look like parodies of the respective universe's design conventions. Just looking at some of the character designs from the Zanpakuto arc makes me think of fanmade Sonic characters like Spiker The Sackrat or some shit.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Sure, but that's only relevant in the case of a fight. And the fight only occurred because Obito went ahead and confronted the good guys instead of going with his statue to, I dunno, Narutoworld's version of Canada or whatever, far from the battlefield, and quietly triggering his Infinite Tsukuyomi from there.

Well I'm guessing there is some sort of difficulty or uncertainty in successfully either becoming the 10-tails jinchuriki, or being able to perform the infinite tsukuyomi, when the 10-tails is summoned in its incomplete (no 8 or 9 tails) form. Maybe the incomplete 10-tails will create a genjutsu that's not strong enough to be unbreakable, or maybe it'll be difficult to interface with for the jinchuriki. The end result being that he REALLY wants those last two bijuu in there, since this probably isn't something you get a second chance at if you fuck it up. With this whole friggin army of zetsus and kabuto's undead scourge, he might as well make a proper play for them.

And again, even if he needed the actual Eight Tails and Nine Tails for his ultimate goal (despite his claims to the contrary), why declare a war in the first place? He managed to get the other Tailed Beasts just fine. Why up the difficulty like that toward the end?
Also, he could have gotten his hands on the Eight Tails, had he not ordered Kisame to throw the fight (a terrible idea within a terrible idea, well played!).

Well considering that Naruto and Bee managed to defeat all of the other bijuus combined, I'm guessing they're just too strong to capture with only an Akatsuki member or two. (And I don't think Kisame really stood a chance in his fight vs Bee once the Raikage showed up, even if he wasn't told to throw it.)

These last two jinchuriki were also under much tighter lock and key after all that had happened up until the war. Konoha knew that Naruto was being actively pursued, and they didn't let him wander around by himself. Maybe if Obito had put all of his energy into capturing Naruto in part 1, none of this would've been a problem. But back then he was a piddling little shit, and didn't seem particularly high-priority. It was pretty bad luck that he grew up into Jesus. Pain destroyed an entire village to try and get him, and got fucked up. If taking out a village isn't gonna do it, full on war has gotta be the next step.

I'm also not going to discount the possibility that the war is somehow necessary for the infinite tsukuyomi in a way that hasn't yet been disclosed. Like maybe it needs the people to all be in the same place, or needs them to have exhausted a certain amount of chakra, or any number of random things. But we'll see if anything ever comes of that when they finally get around to casting it.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach: B

Well, the only negative about this chapter was that it was over quickly. I wasn't 100% sure what happened at the end, but Kubo is keeping my interest by showing a lot of Soul Society along with Ichigo instead of it being onesided.

I hope that we see Shunsui very soon. I am also interested in Yogi Bear training, I never really cared for him because of how irrelevant and weak he was, but maybe this can provide some further development.

Well, the only negative about this chapter was that it was over quickly. I wasn't 100% sure what happened at the end, but Kubo is keeping my interest by showing a lot of Soul Society along with Ichigo instead of it being onesided.

I hope that we see Shunsui very soon. I am also interested in Yogi Bear training, I never really cared for him because of how irrelevant and weak he was, but maybe this can provide some further development.

i do'nt understand, how dos a talking fox get into soul society? I mean, they're all just dead souls that used to be from the real world right?

So wtf.

What's unclear about the ending of the chapter?

Bleach filler characters are REALLY generic.

tumblr_mbn97uIkNW1r3xxudo1_500.jpg

Kazeshini wasnt generic :(

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
What's unclear about the ending of the chapter?
I'm not sure what he did on the second to last page, with Ichigo's back facing us. And also, what are they overlooking from the cliff? What does water have to do with it.

Any insight would be appreciated.

So...I've noticed something....we're bitching a lot less about Bleach lately.
KuGsj.gif

For WednesdayGAF:

Because its partner in crime is out for 2 weeks.

Usually shit will erupt when either side gets all sensitive.

For Actual Content:

The story has been going on alright with some answered questions and people preparing themselves for whatever shit coming ahead.

Shouta

You kids are seriously whacko. Naruto was fine this chapter. It was a pretty standard throw back to the early days of the manga, but lacking TenTen and Lee. Oh and Neji, obviously.

Naruto

So Kishimoto finally let the cat out of the clear plastic bag. It was obvious that Sakura would have this technique, being the pupil of Tsunade. It was just a matter of when she'd pull it out. I call her punching the 10-Tails so hard, there's a hole through it at some point.

I really hope they don't ever show Hyorinmaru's spirit in the manga.

mess

It's gonna be a ice dragon loli girl.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You kids are seriously whacko. Naruto was fine this chapter. It was a pretty standard throw back to the early days of the manga, but lacking TenTen and Lee. Oh and Neji, obviously.

Naruto

So Kishimoto finally let the cat out of the clear plastic bag. It was obvious that Sakura would have this technique, being the pupil of Tsunade. It was just a matter of when she'd pull it out. I call her punching the 10-Tails so hard, there's a hole through it at some point.

Rock Lee is still crying over Neji, I presume.

oh god zabimaru

i cant

I'm not sure what he did on the second to last page, with Ichigo's back facing us. And also, what are they overlooking from the cliff? What does water have to do with it.

Any insight would be appreciated.

From what I can tell they're looking at something resembling a waterfall. Which is weird because a waterfall itself shouldn't cause such a change in Ichigo's expression. He should have noticed it before so I assume that Nimaiya made it appear somehow. Or Ichigo's stare wasn't directed at the waterfall at all...

I mean the one from the anime filler arc:

Naruto

When is Naruto ever fine?

Also throw back to the old days? lol The teams were never close. Kishi never bothered with the team interactions besides during the Chunnin exams and once or twice in part 2 during the hunt for Sasuke.

Erigu

Well I'm guessing there is some sort of difficulty or uncertainty in successfully either becoming the 10-tails jinchuriki, or being able to perform the infinite tsukuyomi, when the 10-tails is summoned in its incomplete (no 8 or 9 tails) form.
Guessing (/ hoping Kishimoto actually has a good explanation and will eventually give it) really is all we have, at this point, right?

I don't think Kisame really stood a chance in his fight vs Bee once the Raikage showed up, even if he wasn't told to throw it.
But he had won. The Raikage showed up because Obito interrupted the summit and told him his brother was alive. Obito shot himself in the foot three times over, there.

And when you have Obito's abilities (teleportation, sucking people in a pocket dimension, seeming invulnerability), how hard can it really be to abduct Naruto? Catch him off guard, Obito. Like you did in that inn, for example. You had 16 years to do that, dude.

These last two jinchuriki were also under much tighter lock and key after all that had happened up until the war.
And it got far worse when the war was declared. Which is my point: how was declaring that war (and detailing your objective to your enemies) supposed to help in any way?
(And again, Obito didn't even have Kabuto's (odd) help yet, back then.)

Maybe if Obito had put all of his energy into capturing Naruto in part 1, none of this would've been a problem. But back then he was a piddling little shit, and didn't seem particularly high-priority.
Then again, what was "high priority"? What were they doing, back then? Seems they waited for Part 2 to get to work. Why?

Pain destroyed an entire village to try and get him, and got fucked up.
Pain destroyed the village for shit and giggles, not because he needed to.

If taking out a village isn't gonna do it, full on war has gotta be the next step.
I'm afraid that doesn't make sense, sorry...

I'm also not going to discount the possibility that the war is somehow necessary for the infinite tsukuyomi in a way that hasn't yet been disclosed. Like maybe it needs the people to all be in the same place, or needs them to have exhausted a certain amount of chakra, or any number of random things.
Same thing as above: "hopefully, there's a good reason for that, because in the mean time, it makes no fucking sense."
But if Obito needed something like that, maybe it would have been wiser to try and get the major countries to fight each other. Man, that would have been sneaky. Almost ninja-like.

But we'll see if anything ever comes of that when they finally get around to casting it.
If they do...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This... reunion thing, would've been significantly better if it happened after Sasuke's clash with Itachi. It was at the very apex of his character arc, and so it was the best time for Sasuke to do a heel face turn.

All this orochimaru/kabuto/zombie shit is completely unnecessary for his development and was just a waste of my goddamn time.

Erigu

This... reunion thing, would've been significantly better if it happened after Sasuke's clash with Itachi. It was at the very apex of his character arc, and so it was the best time for Sasuke to do a heel face turn.
All this orochimaru/kabuto/zombie shit is completely unnecessary for his development and was just a complete waste of my goddamn time.
Yep.

Speaking of Kabuto, I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why he was secretly helping Konoha (even as recently as episode 490)... It couldn't be that he's just one of those lazy "eternally duplicitous-looking characters even if it makes no sense", could it?

LeleSocho

Banned

All this orochimaru/kabuto/zombie shit is completely unnecessary for his development and was just a complete waste of my goddamn time.

The Orochimaru thing is needed to develop Orochimaru story, what will happen is (and you can save this post for calling me out in the future if you want) that Sasuke will be in near death condition but instead of dying he'll let his body to be controlled by Orociok who in the end will sacrifice himself to save Sasuke.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
The Orochimaru thing is needed to develop Orochimaru story, what will happen is (and you can save this post for calling me out in the future if you want) that Sasuke will be in near death condition but instead of dying he'll let his body to be controlled by Orociok who in the end will sacrifice himself to save Sasuke.
This sounds terrible. Either way, you're losing here.

Somebody recommend me a good romance manga which

- has good characters with good chemistry
- is completed
- has a satisfying conclusion
- little to no frustrating moments because of dumb characters

Kusagari

That sounds worse than a chapter of Fairy Tail.

survivor

Banned

- is completed

You are pretty much describing Living Game especially the first point, but last time I ended up recommending it, you didn't read it :(

Akito

- is completed
Virtually any Adachi manga ever, case in point Touch, Cross Game, H2, Katsu, Rough
Kodomo no Omocha

Fou-Lu

Somehow I never even noticed we had a manga thread in community. I shall become a part of this I think. Favorite currently running manga: The Breaker.

You are pretty much describing Living Game especially the first point, but last time I ended up recommending it, you didn't read it :(

I'm sorry, I actually saved the three of them (Baka to Gogh and the other one with that one bulimic chick) but only read the one I forgot the name of and got sidetracked. Last time I just asked for general recommendations I think. Who knew you were suggesting stuff to the future me? :eek:

Virtually any Adachi manga ever, case in point Touch, Cross Game, H2, Katsu, Rough
Kodomo no Omocha

I've seen Adachi's name thrown around in this thread, guess I can start reading his stuff, starting with Rough.
Kodomo no Omocha's art seems a bit rough though.

Ah nice, this one is fairly short.

Thanks guys/gals

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Somehow I never even noticed we had a manga thread in community. I shall become a part of this I think. Favorite currently running manga: The Breaker.
You chose a fine day to stop by. Today, we are at our best. Otherwise...

Also, Wiseblade, we're early in the game but you know you've gotta make Kurita 2nd place again, right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom