• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Weekly Oricon Sales May 20th ~ May 26th (Thanks Manga Helpers)
So unless I screwed up my math, there are 8.7 million copies of Attack on Titan sitting in stores bookshelves yet to be sold. Wonder what sort of ratios of print:sold other popular manga have.

tumblr_mnfhhfGiyY1rxth6so1_500.jpg

So when are we going to get the manga adaptation

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So unless I screwed up my math, there are 8.7 million copies of Attack on Titan sitting in stores bookshelves yet to be sold. Wonder what sort of ratios of print:sold other popular manga have.

Isn't that overall sales rather than printed numbers?

Weekly Oricon Sales May 20th ~ May 26th (Thanks Manga Helpers)

07. Zetsuen no Tempest #9 (99,972)
40. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu #4 (31,437 / 554,288)
43. Kuroko no Basket #22 (29,698 / 612,867)

Go. Blast of Tempest, go.

How will end of year jump manga sales be, I guess One Piece, Naruto...Kuroko -> Assassination Classroom, seems both are close to each other.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I do wonder what this thread would be like when Dragon Ball was running in Jump. Chapters are so short.

wonzo

Banned
The Holes

Sometimes life seems so empty that you just need to fill it with something. I believe a lot of us can relate to that.

In just brisk 12 pages, this manga tells the story of one such adolescent girl and her personal mission to alleviate the emptiness of her life.
And yet it's the quest to alleviate herself of that emptiness that ultimately ends up destroying her. deep

Erigu

Assuming dragon ball ran today it would probably have longer chapters just because its the new standard.
Standards have not changed. Dragon Ball episodes simply were shorter, especially toward the end (presumably because Toriyama could get away with it, considering the success of the series).

BatDan

Assuming dragon ball ran today it would probably have longer chapters just because its the new standard.

I also imagine we'd be a lot less forgiving towards some of the out-there story elements since we're horribly cynical people.

"Goku is an alien?! Bullshit!"
"Where the hell is Launch?"
"Aw fuck, time travel? This is going to be a mess"
"There's a Super Saiyan 3? Come on!"

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I also imagine we'd be a lot less forgiving towards some of the out-there story elements since we're horribly cynical people.

"Goku is an alien?! Bullshit!"
"Where the hell is Launch?"
"Aw fuck, time travel? This is going to be a mess"
"There's a Super Saiyan 3? Come on!"

"Does anyone really believe that Goku will just stay dead after this Cell fight? They have Dragonballs for a reason. I somehow doubt Toriyama would just kill off the main character just like that"

If you want your fill, the ToonamiGAF thread seems to delight in hating on Bleach. It's actually a bit annoying.

And they speak without any knowledge. They just throw words. I remember when Tousen died episode, batdan said that Tousen should have had development, and i was thinking what, Tousen has developed plenty, and it´s stated very obviously in the manga, but hey some people want to shit on things to feel part of the group, which is sad.

BatDan

Toriko

So... imagination is now a controllable power.
I can see this being extremely broken. Then again, broken techniques in Toriko is nothing new.

Mr. Fix

I miss Tousen and Grimmjow. Tousen went out like a goddamn chump though, and I hope Grimmjow got that boost when he shows up.

Living Game 6

Hah, this is hella old. But I like it. The art is so early 90s it almost hurts and the author totally disregards any logic when it comes to setting up the premise of the company having no place to stay but at Fuwa's but it's okay. Is it usual in Japan for 15 year olds to move out of their parents home to work in a different city?

Living Game 6

Hah, this is hella old. But I like it. The art is so early 90s it almost hurts and the author totally disregards any logic when it comes to setting up the premise of the company having no place to stay but at Fuwa's but it's okay. Is it usual in Japan for 15 year olds to move out of their parents home to work in a different city?

Enjoy Living Game, it's a good slice of life series.

Glass Mask Volume 34

4 volumes left. :( Rooting for Ayumi all the way for this. She's the best thing about the series.

survivor

Banned
Living Game 6

I'd imagine in the next few chapters you will be asking a different type of question about Izumi.

Oh and that character just introduced, Tokiko is one of the most fun characters of the entire cast.

It´s cannon, not the human form but beast form. Kubo drew Ice Dragon as the spirit of the zampakto as a promotion for the Bleach´s second movie. It´s an ice dragon, and it´s pretty awesome.

Here´s Hyorinmaru´s cannon spirit.

Yeah, I meant I hope Kubo doesn't show the human form. The ice dragon is boss.

I'd imagine in the next few chapters you will be asking a different type of question about Izumi.

Oh and that character just introduced, Tokiko is one of the most fun characters of the entire cast.

Uhm, Tokiko?

I can see this manga getting weird real fast if the romance involves Fuwa (25) and Izumi (15). Different times so I shouldn't be judging, I guess.

survivor

Banned
Uhm, Tokiko?

I can see this manga getting weird real fast if the romance involves Fuwa (25) and Izumi (15). Different times so I shouldn't be judging, I guess.
Whoops, Tokiko appears in chapter 7, I got the order mixed up.

As for your second point, I'm sure people in the 90s still looked down on possible relationships with that much age gap.

Toriko

Imagination land. Show me the pissed off old lady already. If that scene is skipped i will be pretty disappoint much like what Kishimoto did when Kakashi got angry for the first time.

scy

Maga-Tsuki, up to Chapter 26 - Oh hey, DEVELOPMENTS.

Also, Akari fanservice. I guess.

I'm at least glad it seems they're sticking to her being best girl. At least, I think that's where this is going.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Enjoy Living Game, it's a good slice of life series.

Glass Mask Volume 34

4 volumes left. :( Rooting for Ayumi all the way for this. She's the best thing about the series.

Be sure to post overall impressions though. Happy to see that you enjoyed it.

Edit: hmm, posting that there was probably a dick move.

Akito

Standards have not changed. Dragon Ball episodes simply were shorter, especially toward the end (presumably because Toriyama could get away with it, considering the success of the series).

DB chapters were shorter because it started out as a gag manga.

Kurita

Were the Captain Tsubasa chapters really long in the Jump?
Because in the volumes there are some 100 pages long chapters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom