• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I can't tell if you're serious, joking, pretending to be joking in order to save face... What I can tell is that I'm not seeing any generic reply to my generic question about why Obito started a war in the first place.

Did I not answer that question? Or do you need one from Grimace.

K - Side: Black & White (bound together) (LN)
tumblr_mnkzgjohSi1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Kuroh's backstory is so sad, all those tragedies to befall his family and then taking the blame. Thank goodness for Ichigen sama to step in. This series definitely works good as a manga, as a novel(s), and as an anime. I hope we get more tv anime in addition to that movie.

Kurita

Man, the 80s/90s were really weird localisation wise.
Glad it's not like that anymore. Though Hokuto No Ken french dub is hilarious. The voice actors didn't give a shit about it, they changed the dialogue because they didn't like the anime...

Erigu

I honestly don't know what I need to "save face" from.
Okay, so you were serious. That settles that.

You aren't even making an argument. You're just alluding generally to unspecified conversations and how you generally think I'm dumb.
I didn't say you were dumb. I'm saying you have a tendency to completely ignore articulated arguments and then assert that critics hate on the series for no reason. I happen to find that annoying.

WednesdayGAF going full steam :/

"Dear Naruto.....

You a bitch ass N****

Sincerely,

Goku"

Best post in thread

Mary sue that literally ruined the end of his own manga = boss now apparently.

Godawful post

Thanks for proving my point yet again...

And Genjutsu. *cough*

... So you're that far gone, huh?
Remind us why Obito declared a war, for example?

He's using facts to draw conclusions that Angry Grimace disagrees with. And if that's not the definition of "reaching", it should be!

Great shots fired post.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Okay, so you were serious. That settles that.

I didn't say you were dumb. I'm saying you have a tendency to completely ignore articulated arguments and then assert that critics hate on the series for no reason. I happen to find that annoying.

We have already had this conversation and in the intervening months you were proven wrong. Retconning your own theory now is pointless. The 49ers don’t get a rematch from the Ravens for the Super Bowl title and neither do you.

Erigu

Did I not answer that question? Or do you need one from Grimace.
Well, he was the one claiming Naruto had no plot hole...

Anyway,
Wanted the bijuu for the 10 tails? Mark my words, the only reason anyone is going to be able to defeat the 10 tails is because it was forced to be made with only a tentacle and kin/ginkaku, not proper 8 and 9 tails. Common trope, where if the Ultimate Evil were actually resurrected in the true full manner intended, it'd be invincible. Some failing in the summoning allows the heroes to still fight it (and the reader to see it) but actually have a chance of victory.
Sure, but that's only relevant in the case of a fight. And the fight only occurred because Obito went ahead and confronted the good guys instead of going with his statue to, I dunno, Narutoworld's version of Canada or whatever, far from the battlefield, and quietly triggering his Infinite Tsukuyomi from there.

And again, even if he needed the actual Eight Tails and Nine Tails for his ultimate goal (despite his claims to the contrary), why declare a war in the first place? He managed to get the other Tailed Beasts just fine. Why up the difficulty like that toward the end?
Also, he could have gotten his hands on the Eight Tails, had he not ordered Kisame to throw the fight (a terrible idea within a terrible idea, well played!).

We have already had this conversation
Not the same conversation.

and in the intervening months you were proven wrong.
About Obito really needing the actual Eight Tails and Nine Tails despite his claims to the contrary?
Er... Nope. I'm afraid that didn't happen, sorry.

Retconning your own theory now is pointless.
I'm not retconning anything, dude. I wasn't even talking about that in the first place.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Not the same conversation.

About Obito really needing the actual Eight Tails and Nine Tails despite his claims to the contrary?
Er... Nope. I'm afraid that didn't happen, sorry.

I'm not retconning anything, dude. I wasn't even talking about that in the first place.

Translation: "Oh pretty please won't you let me argue the same thing but change the fact that the linchpin of my argument was completely wrong by substituting something else?! Please?!" You already lost. This isn't necessary.

Angry Grimace

I'm sorry you can't read.

Ooh, a page from Big One's book. Nice try, though. Still not rehashing that argument. Feel free to take out your frustration on Tathanen, though, if he's willing to participate.

Angry Grimace

Sakamichi no Apollon Completed

Best music related manga I have read in quite a while. Will probably watch the anime next for the awesome jazz.

The School Festival jam rules in the anime, but damn if the adaptation didn't miss out on a lot of the finer points of the manga, particularly in the ending.

Kurita

It's Wednesday alright.

At times like these I wish I had paid more attention in French. It would be amazing to have a behind the scenes of this.
Actually, I read an in interview of Ken's voice actor like a year ago.
Dude is so smug, it's crazy. He knew he was doing a shitty job and he didn't care about it!
He just wanted money, and he accepted to dub the show only if he had some sort of creative control. Unbelievable.

Well I'm not really sure how that'd be done differently. We know Sakura's been training under Tsunade largely off-panel, we know she's got monster strength (see: Sasori fight), and I think the nature of the move she used in this chapter is pretty in keeping with that progression. Silently storing vast quantities of chakra in order to use it all at once is Tsunade's trump card, and Sakura's greatest skill was always chakra moulding. It's not like there's even any proper "training" to show for a move like that.

Acting like nothing ever happened? When he showed up everyone was like hey you piece of shit where do you get off showing up here and expecting us to just be best buds. They were ready to fight him at first. They're in the middle of a battlefield, though, some of this shit has to just be put aside so they can work together against the things trying to kill them. No one forgot what he did, but the only thing that matters right now is that he's not going to try to attack them, and he's going to help them. The rest can all be put off and be dealt with later.

Now Naruto and Sakura definitely don't react like that. Naruto is in keeping with his character, so I have no complaints. Sakura I think has just always wanted things to go back to how they used to be. Yeah she tried to kill him, but she failed miserably because she couldn't bring herself to do it. However much she SAYS that she's done with Sasuke, she's never actually been. And now here he is, and he's acting friendly, and it's gonna be extremely hard to not be allured by that in the moment. NO ONE in this situation is just all best friends again, but the nature of the battlefield is forcing people to make abbreviated judgements and just roll with them so they can get things done.

[Edit] Man, everyone already said all of this while I was typing!!!

Don't waste your time man. This is GAF...

LeleSocho

Banned
Man, the 80s/90s were really weird localisation wise.
Glad it's not like that anymore. Though Hokuto No Ken french dub is hilarious. The voice actors didn't give a shit about it, they changed the dialogue because they didn't like the anime...

The freedom of the 80/90s gave us Italians the best localisation that history has never witnessed, the one of Saint Seiya. All the dialogues were translated in the old and aulic form of Italian, this worked so well that when they then translated the Hades saga in the normal way fans were so pissed that hey demanded a new translation and dub of the saga and we managed to get it (kinda).
Watching this gives me a shiver that runs down my spine.

Sometimes, I wish people were that passionate about other mangas.

Hell I remember at one point we'd have our monthly bitch at OP mode. Nowadays, most don't even comment on it *that* much in comparison to Bleach and Naruto.

Though the manga really did drop the ball after the war (which was a goddamn mess, but still)

Kurita

Still missing those 92 pages. I really hope by the time they get the final cover, the page count will be updated cause this is really worrying.

Oh man, the Wolf Children ad on Manga-News is just too hnngghh

Though I doubt the actual manga art will hold up at all.
Anime -> manga adaptations often look bad unfortunately.

Dude is so smug, it's crazy. He knew he was doing a shitty job and he didn't care about it!
He just wanted money, and he accepted to dub the show only if he had some sort of creative control. Unbelievable.

What a turd. If you don't like the source material step aside. Is he some kind of big deal that they absolutely had to have him on the show?

So...I've noticed something....we're bitching a lot less about Bleach lately.
KuGsj.gif

I personally found that Bleach went slowly downhill after Ichigo and friends invaded Soul Society (with some good moments in-between) reaching the peak of turdiness with the Fullbringers.

The Quincy Blood War has been consistently great though.

Erigu

If I remember well, the voice actors were making bets / playing games about trying to insert certain words or phrases in the dub. Professionals!

I seem to remember he argued the series was awful, too violent for kids, etc. So, y'know, he did a shitty work in protestation. Oh, okay, then! Say, how about not taking the job in the first place, Mr. I-Have-Principles?

Kurita

If I remember well, the voice actors were making bets / playing games about trying to insert certain words or phrases in the dub. Professionals!

I seem to remember he argued the series was awful, too violent for kids, etc. So, y'know, he did a shitty work in protestation. Oh, okay, then! Say, how about not taking the job in the first place, Mr. I-Have-Principles?
Oh yeah I remember the bet thing. They really had no shame.

Deadman Wonderland 56

Well damn.

Next chapter releasing on August certainly soured my mood.

At least its nice to see that Ganta isn't holding back against Shiro. Now if only he's able to hold up that resolve well until the end.

I want Kishimoto to earn it. Sasuke showing up and everyone acting like nothing ever happened is ridulous. "Remember when I abandoned the village and teamed up with a guy who tried to kill us all? Remember when I killed the acting Hokage and plotted to destroy the village? Hey Naruto and Sakura, remember when I promised to kill you? All water under the bridge, right? By the way, I want to be the new leader of the village." .

You forgot:

Hey Naruto, remember when I actually tried to kill you and thrust my hand through your chest? Hey Sakura, remember when I tried to kill you by cutting you down with my sword?

Kishimoto hard-on for Sasuke knows no bounds. I would have more respect for him if he just doses with Naruto what seems like he really want to do. Namely turn it into a hard core yoai title, and have Naruto and Sasuke bang for like 20 chapters.

Angry Grimace

You forgot:

Hey Naruto, remember when I actually tried to kill you and thrust my hand through your chest? Hey Sakura, remember when I tried to kill you by cutting you down with my sword?

Kishimoto hard-on for Sasuke knows no bounds. I would have more respect for him if he just doses with Naruto what seems like he really want to do. Namely turn it into a hard core yoai title, and have Naruto and Sasuke bang for like 20 chapters.

He intentionally didn't kill Naruto and Sakura was attempting to kill him at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom