• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

I've seen Adachi's name thrown around in this thread, guess I can start reading his stuff, starting with Rough.
Kodomo no Omocha's art seems a bit rough though.
It is but it does get better over time. Still not as overwhelming as say 7 Seeds or Glass Mask's art though :lol

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
re: Adachi

how many baseball manga can one man write

dear lord

...but he's awesome.

Although! ... once you read one Adachi manga you have pretty much read all of his mangas. I like his style of humor though.

He is also one of the few mangakas that dabble in both Shounen and Shoujo and found success in both. Any other examples mangakas like this?

Tonari no Kashiwagi-san 45

The beta couple continues to go d'awwwww.

Manager is adorable with her love story as well.

MC continues to be ugh.

Wiseblade

TV Mask vol 13

I was starting to wonder if it would really be all plays all the time. So is Tsukikage jusyt going to leave Maya to fend for herself from now on? I would say that would be better for her health, but after the sensory deprivation training... Maya's in too deep now. There's no saving her.

You chose a fine day to stop by. Today, we are at our best. Otherwise...

Also, Wiseblade, we're early in the game but you know you've gotta make Kurita 2nd place again, right.

I don't think it's happening, man. For the past couple threads I have the highest count at the beginning and the kurita (and others) overtake me. This time, he's starting out ahead of me. The guy's a monster.

Fou-Lu

Welcome.What series do you follow?

Berserk, The Breaker, Tower of God, Until Death Do Us Part, Shingeki no Kyojin, Vinland Saga, Hunter X Hunter, One Piece, Bleach and Naruto.

The last three mostly just because I've gone this far and I might as well see them through until the end. I'm probably forgetting some to, and I'd welcome any recommendations that lean towards my tastes.

Yamada and the Seven Witches 61

They really should whore out Yamada and have him kiss the student body.

Or

Too bad we didn't get to see Yamada kiss the teacher.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I have this strange desire to read One Piece so I can complain about it

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I have this strange desire to read One Piece so I can complain about it

It can feel like anytime I want to complain something about One Piece in here I need to prepare a flame shield with a complete suit of armor.

Different when I want to, say, complain about Naruto or Bleach. People will give me cakes for that, hahaha.

Soma

The Holes

Sometimes life seems so empty that you just need to fill it with something. I believe a lot of us can relate to that.

In just brisk 12 pages, this manga tells the story of one such adolescent girl and her personal mission to alleviate the emptiness of her life.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The Orochimaru thing is needed to develop Orochimaru story, what will happen is (and you can save this post for calling me out in the future if you want) that Sasuke will be in near death condition but instead of dying he'll let his body to be controlled by Orociok who in the end will sacrifice himself to save Sasuke.

No, this is the very problem with long running stories. For every character you try to give a "complete" arc to, all you're doing is diluting your core plot (if you even have one). This is why One Piece has been dragging for the last two arcs. This is why Neji died in a completely unsatisfactory way a few chapters ago. This is why ASOIAF is going to take another decade or two to finish.

Orochimaru died. His story is over. If you wanted to do more stuff with a character then don't kill them off.

You do not need to give every single one of your characters their own arc; it's doubly stupid if you're restricted to a weekly format, and it's triply stupid when you kill them off, bring them back, just to kill them off again.

Zen'yasai Patroller

00pgeTRl.jpg

An one shot about a super shy girl suddenly being able to see ghosts and helping out overnight in a festival for them.

Pretty enjoyable to read. It goes at a decent pace and while the girl is shy beyond belief, it is nice to see her growth in this one-shot. The ghosts are pretty fun and does a lot for the fun atmosphere of this one-shot.

No, this is the very problem with long running stories. For every character you try to give a "complete" arc to, all you're doing is diluting your core plot (if you even have one). This is why One Piece has been dragging for the last two arcs. This is why Neji died in a completely unsatisfactory way a few chapters ago. This is why ASOIAF is going to take another decade or two to finish.

Orochimaru died. His story is over. If you wanted to do more stuff with a character then don't kill them off.

You do not need to give every single one of your characters their own arc; it's doubly stupid if you're restricted to a weekly format, and it's triply stupid when you kill them off, bring them back, just to kill them off again.

Well said Haly

Mr. Fix

Im at chapter 22, im going to finish this tonight

Wait, you've gotten that far and you're still into it? Blah! The reveal at the 7th chapter was so bad and I ended up quitting at the 10th.

Same deal kinda happened with High School of the Dead. I go in thinking it's tame, then it does a 180 (I didn't think it would be smutty just from having read the summary).

Wait, you've gotten that far and you're still into it? Blah! The reveal at the 7th chapter was so bad and I ended up quitting at the 10th.

I understand your anger, but once I found a place to accept it I just kept reading. Honestly the mysteries of the world are enough to keep me reading even if I think the series blew all it's potential.

I seriously hope Oda skips the other 2 tournament groups and does Luffy's group only. Maybe mention the winners but thats it.

LeleSocho

Banned

If i had to list a problem with Naruto probably i would say this. He needs to complete these fucking stories otherwise why in the hell you do create some characters and give them backgrounds?
What the fuck happened to the fucking 7 swordsmen of the mist? who the hell is Sai's brother? What's the deal with Orochimaru's parents and his behaviour? Remember the 8th gate of chakra the "same level of a kage" one? why the hell Lee or Gai aren't using it? Suigetsu's brother?

This is when i'm angry at Kishimoto, when he leaves stories on hold for hundreds of chapters and then make them end in 3 panels... i'm not entirely against this but if you don't want to give huge details to some people do not give'em backgrounds and make their stories last only for 20-30 chapters at worst.

Let me know if you can't understand nothing of what i wrote, it's almost 5 am and my mind is in another dimension.

Mr. Fix

I understand your anger, but once I found a place to accept it I just kept reading. Honestly the mysteries of the world are enough to keep me reading even if I think the series blew all it's potential.

If that reveal annoyed you so bad, be happy you dropped it when you did.

It gets far, far worse.

Well this is GAF's manga thread, so perhaps I should continue reading to keep up the tradition... or not.

I seriously hope Oda skips the other 2 tournament groups and does Luffy's group only. Maybe mention the winners but thats it.

I think I've seen enough of Cavendish to at least want 1 chapter (as opposed to 3 for Block B) of the D block. I just hope he ends up being one of those regulars/secondary characters that aren't restricted to one arc/island. The rest of the contestants of the D block aside from him and Rebecca just don't seem interesting.

I still think that it'll be similar to Impel Down in that the contestants end up working together once the Marines start moving. It'll be nice, especially for those who've already shown some stuff (i.e. Gilly, Elizabello, Bellamy).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If i had to list a problem with Naruto probably i would say this. He needs to complete these fucking stories otherwise why in the hell you do create some characters and give them backgrounds?

This is called "Kishimoto is a bad writer". He wrote himself into a hole by introducing all these plot points without the impetus to follow through on them. Exploring every single last plot thread he ever mentioned to the bitter end, in the middle of the climax, is just going to dig himself deeper.

If I were him, I'd end Naruto ASAP and then pitch "Naruto: Gaiden Side Stories" to Jump so he can dick around in Narutoverse without having to sacrifice the quality of his main plot.

dumbyugi

Weekly Oricon Sales May 20th ~ May 26th (Thanks Manga Helpers)

01. Inu×Boku SS #9 (223,264)
02. Magi #17 (168,717 / 395,961)
03. Jojolion #4 (151,611 / 376,162)
04. Terra Formars #5 (115,488 / 301,736)
05. Deadman Wonderland #12 (107,220)
06. Hoozuki no Reitetsu #9 (103,031)
07. Zetsuen no Tempest #9 (99,972)
08. Daiya no Ace #36 (78,430 / 165,987)
09. Shingeki no Kyojin #10 (77,639 / 925,664)
10. Shingeki no Kyojin #1 (72,450 / 1,432,927)
11. Shingeki no Kyojin #2 (71,863 / 1,398,934)
12. Oresama Teacher #16 (71,607 / 71,907)
13. Shingeki no Kyoijn #3 (71,414 / 1,354,678)
14. Shingeki no Kyojin #4 (70,545 / 1,229,301)
15. Shingeki no Kyojin #5 (70,049 / 1,184,505)
16. Shingeki no Kyojin #9 (69,054 / 986,374)
17. Shingeki no Kyojin #8 (68,242 / 1,023,246)
18. Shingeki no Kyojin #6 (67,695 / 1,135,807)
19. Shingeki no Kyojin #7 (66,498 / 1,050,951)
20. Ohkami Shoujo no Kuro Ouji #6 (65,345)
21. Piano no Mori #23 (62,508)
22. Hajime no Ippo #103 (60,620 / 142,777)
23. Hana ni Kedamono #10 (49,532)
24. Himitsu no Ai-chan #10 (47,242)
25. Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden #12 (46,997 / 95,872)
26. Flat #7 (46,897 / 135,395)
27. Area no Kishi #36 (45,487 / 97,972)
28. Gurazeni #10 (45,256)
29. Liselotte to Majo no Mori #11 (44,844 / 45,132)
30. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Innocent #1 (43,910)
31. Liar Game #16 (43,157 / 94,980)
32. Destro 246 #2 (41,660 / 93,961)
33. Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi #51 (40,822 / 85,609)
34. Capeta #32 (40,569 / 85,968)
35. Maoyuu Mahou Yuusha&#12288;&#12300;Kono To no Mono ni Nare, Yuusha yo&#12301;&#12300;Kotowaru!&#12301; #7 (39,564)
36. Switch Girl!! #22 (37,493)
37. L&#9829;DK #12 (35,117 / 126,035)
38. Hiyokoi #10 (35,058 / 99,188)
39. Hirunaka no Ryuusei #6 (33,105)
40. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu #4 (31,437 / 554,288)
41. Heroine Shikkaku #10 (31,059)
42. Madame Petit #2 (29,866 / 30,075)
43. Kuroko no Basket #22 (29,698 / 612,867)
44. Kakukaku Shikajika #2 (29,659)
45. Baby Steps #26 (29,343 / 67,225)
46. Juu&#65374;Ninpou Makai Tensei&#65374; #1 (28,637)
47. Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou #1 (28,194 / 91,313)
48. Ryuurouden Chuugen Ryouran-hen #12 (27,778 / 60,032)
49. Yandere Kanojo #11 (25,758)
50. Hoozuki no Reitetsu Limited Edition #9 (25,433)

What the fuck happened to the fucking 7 swordsmen of the mist? who the hell is Sai's brother? What's the deal with Orochimaru's parents and his behaviour? Remember the 8th gate of chakra the "same level of a kage" one? why the hell Lee or Gai aren't using it? Suigetsu's brother?

This is when i'm angry at Kishimoto, when he leaves stories on hold for hundreds of chapters and then make them end in 3 panels... i'm not entirely against this but if you don't want to give huge details to some people do not give'em backgrounds and make their stories last only for 20-30 chapters at worst.

Let me know if you can't understand nothing of what i wrote, it's almost 5 am and my mind is in another dimension.

Yeah I totally expected Lee or Guy to finally use this during the war as a sacrifice play, maybe it'll still happen but I doubt it considering Lee and Ten Ten continue to be forgotten about in all the group shots of the chunin exam teams. Obviously Neji is dead... that's a separate issue that was also poorly handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom