• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

So, Agharta is going to get an end? I can't believe it!! Though concluding it with a single volume seems kinda... weird.

wonzo

Banned
Nobunaga no Chef 8-16
nobunagachef10.jpg
nobunagachef12.jpg

So badass, so mel~~~low, so good.

survivor

Banned
About halfway into Kuuki no Soko and not really feeling it. Tezuka is just writing whatever random shit he is thinking of and the stories are lacking in emotion due to low page count. I think there were couple of good ideas, but I just don't think this is the best format for them.

Lain

Glass Mask Volume 34

4 volumes left. :( Rooting for Ayumi all the way for this. She's the best thing about the series.

I'll never be able to root for Ayumi, especially after some events in I don't remember which volume, but that made her look so damn petty to me. It was a huge letdown. Though I've always thought Maya was better anyways!

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 42

Takeru is too intelligent to be saddled with Hotori as a sister.

I love how this series pulls in the fantastical out of nowhere.

Tamanon

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma

Expected loss there, but I think they just wanted to see if she was able to cook, couldn't expect her to beat a teacher that early. Otherwise, what use would the school be?

survivor

Banned
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru vol 5
ujpQxwG.jpg

There were some really outstanding chapters in this volume. The most notable one is of course chapter 36 with all these well done childhood flashbacks. I would have loved to see that chapter animated, the transitions would have been much better and more moving. Then there was also chapter 39 which appeared to be ordinary trip chapter with Hotori, but the dreams made it very interesting. Had to read it a second time to see the stuff I missed. I feel like there were a lot more "story" elements in this volume fleshing out the characters more which is always nice to see in a comedy manga to help make the characters not be stale and boring.

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 42

Takeru is too intelligent to be saddled with Hotori as a sister.

I love how this series pulls in the fantastical out of nowhere.
I had no idea what to expect at the end and I still don't know what that thing was lol. I think this chapter and the one with the aliens are really nice and add some needed bizarre touch to the story.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm getting the impression there are people who don't like Tadokoro

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Bleach - 523

During my catch up on Bleach I felt like I had to say something for this chapter as Unohana was a character that I've been dying to see become relevant to the story for quite some time. I used to joke with my friends way back saying "watch Unohana be one of the strongest captains out of the G13, watch!", but shit I didn't expect her to be some crazy, sharp tongued badass! My sweet, motherly image of Unohana has been eradicated. My mind is so full of fuck right now. @_@

Bleach - 523

During my catch up on Bleach I felt like I had to say something for this chapter as Unohana was a character that I've been dying to see become relevant to the story for quite some time. I used to joke with my friends way back saying "watch Unohana be one of the strongest captains out of the G13, watch!", but shit I didn't expect her to be some crazy, sharp tongued badass! My sweet, motherly image of Unohana has been eradicated. My mind is so full of fuck right now. @_@

CGj6EeC.png

New OPM is out

OPM 24.2

Dat Sonic manservice.

Azure J

Shokugeki no Soma 25

Tadokoro pls

Agreed with the idea that they're testing to see if she can cook, not if she can beat the chef at this point. #TeamTadokoro

Wiseblade

Soredemo 1

I was supposed to read this yesterday, but passed out just before the chapter. most people would say it was due to my lack of sleep over the past week, but I choose to believe it was because I simply wasn't prepared for what I was about to read. My body needed a full night's sleep to handle the handle the hilarity I was about to inflict upon it.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Tadokoro

All those cute little Tadokoros! Everyone were more obsessed with talking about her than her dish haha.

I like that they lost, it's the most satisfying outcome. Lemme just go ahead and list all the 'standard' ways to get out of this:

- It was just a test
- They don't get expelled thanks to the jerk
- The rules are changed to some other punishment
- Doujima's vote somehow changes the outcome I don't know
- They DO get expelled, but are re-hired immediately afterwards for some other reason
- They get expelled, and there's a re-hiring arc (lol what)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shokugeki no Soma

I look forward to next week, seeing how they get out of this.

*reads discussion* Aw crap, it's turning into one of these series. This better not devolve into a harem...

wonzo

Banned
Soredemo 35-42

Takeru must've got all of Hotori's brains or something as he's one sharp little kid. Well, I guess Hotori did end up with her insanely inconsistent memorization skills and her equally impressive deductive reasoning skills (the gambler paintings) as compensation so it all kinda works out!

I really liked the Elementary School chapter with all the flashbacks as it did a really great job of demonstrating how Hotori's grown over the years, even if she's just as quirky as ever. I still don't really get that pretty crazy dream chapter (inception?!?!?) even after flicking through it a few times but I really appreciated some of the more fantastical and supernatural elements scattered throughout this series. It helps keep things nice and fresh thanks to the added whimsy and variety it brings.

Wiseblade

Shokugeki no Tadokoro

All those cute little Tadokoros! Everyone were more obsessed with talking about her than her dish haha.

I like that they lost, it's the most satisfying outcome. Lemme just go ahead and list all the 'standard' ways to get out of this:

- It was just a test
- They DO get expelled, but are re-hired immediately afterwards for some other reason

He won't fire them, Tadokoro came up with a variation on his dish that impressed people he respects. Even if they preferred his, he'll see that deviating from a recipe isn't the cardinal sin he made it out to be and allow her to pass.

upandaway

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru Daily Read ch1

Hotori's underwear :lol AW MAN I'M HAPPY

This is the best thing

Glad Wiseblade likes it too haha

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Tadokoro

- It was just a test
They will just say it wasn't a real shokugeki because the jerkass chef didn't wager anything himself since its meaningless if they get expelled.

Been re-reading part 1 of Naruto. Kishimoto good god did you shit on Sasuke's character so much.

He's nowhere even close to the douchebag that everyone from fanfiction authors, fandoms, and hatedoms, made him out to be.

SMFH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom