• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

So which manga cancellation is most rage-inducing? I feel like every time Mx0 is brought up the entire internet transforms into hulk.

survivor

Banned
So which manga cancellation is most rage-inducing? I feel like every time Mx0 is brought up the entire internet transforms into hulk.
Not rage inducing, but I am disappointed to see that Tekkon Kinkreet was very unpopular that it got cancelled and Matsumuto had to rush the story. I mean there was a conclusion, but there could have been so much more.

Kusagari

Besides Mx0 I can't remember being that heartbroken about something being canceled.

I liked Psyren but not enough to really care about it getting canned.

I'd mention Medaka Box, and who knows if it actually got canceled or Nisio just got bored of trolling, but it ended when it should have anyway.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Negima wasn't cancelled but that ending induced rage.

Articalys

Studio You Cancels Kuroko's Basketball D&#333;jinshi Event in Tokyo
Studio You, the company that organizes various d&#333;jinshi events including the "Shadow Trickster" Kuroko's Basketball-themed events, announced on Tuesday that it is cancelling another Kuroko's Basketball-themed event, the "Ace-sama Issho! Na no da yo" event that would have focused on the students at the Sh&#363;toku High School in the series. The event was scheduled to be held at the Tokyo Ryutsu Center event hall on July 7.

The organizers of the event mentioned the ongoing threat letter incidents as an influence in the cancellation, but did not specifically state that the Tokyo Ryutsu Center or any other company related to this event had received a new threat letter. Studio You apologized for the cancellation and is fully refunding all participants and circles. The company said it will continue to look for a venue to cooperate with and will work to reschedule the event.

Studio You is also hosting four other themed d&#333;jinshi events at the same event hall on July 7: the Hetalia-themed "Hamburger ni Fish & Chips" event, the K-themed "KENKAppuru" event, the Uta no Prince Sama-themed "Makoto ni Renai Chu" event, and the Psycho-Pass-themed "Renai Keis&#363;=Sokutei Fun&#333;" event. Studio You has asked circles attending those events to show self-restraint and not sell Kuroko's Basketball d&#333;jinshi or goods.
when will it stop

Some crazy people already sent death threats to the author because they hated his manga or something.

Someone has a very large vendetta against the mangaka.

Though, I thought he said he would kill himself at like the end of last year or something but I guess not.

Still waiting for the fujoishis to rebel and hunt him down.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still think that Kagami series was a pretty hilarious trainwreck since it got cancelled for the author not having more than 25 chapters of plot he could think up.
KuGsj.gif

Some crazy people already sent death threats to the author because they hated his manga or something.

I remember when the GE author got a death threat because a chapter implied that Shou fucked some guy in the backseat of a car.

dumbyugi

Chaosic Rune. It was in it's end game, the MC was going to train so that he could beat the final boss and that's how it ends. There wasn't even a rushed conclusion, it ends just as it's going into a new arc.

Bleach v49/50
tumblr_mnmu0ySgdb1qbxqfpo1_250.jpg

Ive missed Shishigawara and a few of these minor scenes, like Ichigo soccer outfit then fighting with Uryu against the people coming to the school, Keigo Asano's new hair style, and what not. It still feels like it is an adaptation of a filler arc or something, so different than arrancar. Story told on the chapter insert pages or whatever, in v49 is one of the best, Keigo and Mizuiro are hilarious.

survivor

Banned
Dresden, where is your avatar from? Google image search got me nothing.

I just remembered, I think Orange should count. It's not exactly cancelled, but the story stopped due to author/publisher conflicts. And it was one of the currently running shoujo that I liked.

Angry Grimace

Shokugeki no Tadokoro

Soma's got his smart-ass "yeah, I bet you're expelling me" face on
KuGsj.gif

dumbyugi

Nobunanga no Chef 17-27

I'm so glad I decided to read this, it's fantastic. Ken is a great character and Nobunanga is a badass. I like Ken's dedication to cooking even when he's in life threatening situations. I wonder if Ken will escape unharmed or if he'll get some more scars?

Shokugeki no Soma 25
tumblr_mnmxkdoUel1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Great Soma panel. Hopefully this doesnt go on Somas record as to me, he is still a winning protagonist but was just paired up with someone who still couldnt deliver when it mattered most. I wonder why one would choose such a dish to compete with Shinomiya, it was like setting ones self up for failure even. If she's forced to leave the plot, hopefully, then at least she did achieve one of her dreams, which was great (the coveted chefs saying her food is delicious).

Kuroko no Basket 215

Still being drawn out to much.

Not really looking forward to the next chapter either, since its the one we've already seen with Aomine's opponent giving up and him developing that motto of his.

Angry Grimace

Shokugeki no Soma 25

Great Soma panel. Hopefully this doesnt go on Somas record as to me, he is still a winning protagonist but was just paired up with someone who still couldnt deliver when it mattered most. I wonder why one would choose such a dish to compete with Shinomiya, it was like setting ones self up for failure even. If she's forced to leave the plot, hopefully, then at least she did achieve one of her dreams, which was great (the coveted chefs saying her food is delicious).

You take that back

Shokugeki no Soma 25

YES FINALLY

Meh, it wasn't even Soma that lost, really. Being Tadokoro is suffering, apparently.

Shokugeki no Soma 25

Thank you, Tadokoro! For helping to bring down Soma a tad bit.

Well, before the next chapter anyway.

To be fair if Soma had been allowed to be the lead cook he may have won due to have main character hax.

In the end I'll be really surprised if either gets expelled in the end, though it would be funny if both did and the author just ended the manga here

Shokugeki no Soma 25

Well, I'm glad the author didn't pull something as stupid as Slowkoro winning. The rival is a top chef. Now expect the "well you did good enough" so they aren't expelled.

To be fair if Soma had been allowed to be the lead cook he may have won due to have main character hax.

In the end I'll be really surprised if either gets expelled in the end, though it would be funny if both did and the author just ended the manga here

"Tadokoro and Souma married and opened a restaurant, but Souma often looks at the sky wondering why he helped her and how happy he could have been in the school"

BAD END 1

I am confident that he would've at least received 1 coin.

And no doubt, the twist is coming.

bigkrev

Shokugeki no Soma

Retiring the name Food Smut because this has somehow turned into my favorite running WSJ title. Glad to see Souma isn't invincible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom