• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
People are defending that "confession"?

now I've seen everything :/

I know, right? It's almost as bad as the people defending Griffith.

Man, for some reason now all of you are making me feel bad, hahaha.

Although, in my defense I didn't say that it's the right thing to do, mind you!

But! I guess I'll refrain of ever discussing it again for fear of me getting thrown rocks and boulders from all directions! Hahaha.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Man, what I would give for a chance to actually see directly with my own eyes how guys like Kishi, Oda, Kubo, and any other mangakas making the chapters for their mangas. I mean, from the conceptualization, to the drawing, to the finishing...

It would be an awesome thing to see.

Mael

I know, right? It's almost as bad as the people defending Griffith.

Don't piss on our lord and saviour!

She basically did that for her own sake. Shikamaru went to her and Naruto to ask permission to kill Sasuke to avoid a war with Kumo. The bitch replies that since Naruto is in love with her she can convince him to quit as Naruto wasn't there at Konoha. Cue a few chapters later with the confession. Sai had it right when he called her out on it. That Sakura causes Naruto pain along with Sasuke.

Then she goes and uses Sai, Kiba and Rock Lee leaving them all passed out in the middle of nowhere to kill Sasuke by herself and likely suicide afterwards if Kishi's writing is anything to go by. Bitch had the audacity to get pissed when Naruto rejected her false confession.

Hell she mentions Sasuke more in her confession than she does Naruto.

If there is one type of character I cannot stand its ones like Sakura. Never have I HATED one character so much until Kishi made her so hateable in part 2. I have disliked plenty of characters male and female; but the hatred is something far more deep and personal when it comes to Sakura.

She was ignorable in part 1 as she barely did anything although wanting to turn traitor to be with Sasuke was crossing the line already. But that false confession and other actions she did over the 2nd part are just unforgivable to me.

So thats why its hard to take what you or Tactical Fox say seriously when it comes to Sakura. I can respect liking her but I personally think she is the worst type of character and everything gone wrong in a female in a manga series.

Now I remember why I couldn't stand Sakura!

iavi

Naruto

I must've missed something, cause Sasuke just waltzing back in and trying to kick it like it's all cool is just total fuckery. Kishi wants to finish this manga BAD. It was a fun chapter, though. Minato for everything.

Mael

The worst part about Sakura is that we're supposed to like her somehow in Kishi's weird world of writing.
Unlike say Griffith who we're supposed to hate since he's the goal of Guts after all.
Even worse for Griffith it's shown in a way that makes it hard to not consider whether or not we should empathise with him or not.
You can find excuse for him but for Sakura?

Mael

Wait, who doesn't hate griffith?

Only crazy people with bad taste don't hate griffith.

What he's done is horrible and can't possibly hope to redeem himself but he didn't do it because of some shite reasonning and for that gotta respect the guy.
Heck he never changed at all, if anything that was to be expected from him from the very beginning.
In the end he's true to himself and can't hate him for that.
I'm a bit hands off when I'm not directly involved and I tend to reserve hate for special occasions.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What he's done is horrible and can't possibly hope to redeem himself but he didn't do it because of some shite reasonning and for that gotta respect the guy.
Heck he never changed at all, if anything that was to be expected from him from the very beginning.
In the end he's true to himself and can't hate him for that.
I'm a bit hands off when I'm not directly involved and I tend to reserve hate for special occasions.

Nah, I can hate him for being a scheming rat who killed the people who trusted him in the worst possible way, in order to fix himself and his dreams. Which he destroyed by himself just because he's an emotionally immature little twat.

It's totally possible to hate him for being himself, which is that.

People are defending that "confession"?

now I've seen everything :/

I will never defend that confession. Period. Now if she had simply told him to not look for Sasuke anymore and didn't falsely say she loved him, then there would be no problem.

But still, though, she's a fictional character, you guys have better things to hate. Dislike? Fuck ever. But actual GENUINE hate? Good lord. Calm your tits.

It's ridiculous. Take shit like this in stride.

FillerB

Silver Spoon 76

iIeisUDZk3atv.png

Utterly predictable. Still fun.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I will never defend that confession. Period. Now if she had simply told him to not look for Sasuke anymore and didn't falsely say she loved him, then there would be no problem.

But still, though, she's a fictional character, you guys have better things to hate. Dislike? Fuck ever. But actual GENUINE hate? Good lord. Calm your tits.

It's ridiculous. Take shit like this in stride.

People tend to overexaggerate stuff like this, hahaha.

I doubt anyone *really* hates Naruto even though it is being lambasted here mercilessly every week.

...Though admittedly I am not quite sure at the last part :p Hmmm.

Wiseblade

Nah, I can hate him for being a scheming rat who killed the people who trusted him in the worst possible way, in order to fix himself and his dreams. Which he destroyed by himself just because he's an emotionally immature little twat.

PREACH

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I hate Sakura more than Griffith.

She's a shit character who deserves to die. She doesn't even deserve death. Just write her out of the story.

Based Griffith you can fuck my bitches. I ain't salty like Guttsu

Mael

I'm not saying that you can't hate him.
I'm saying he's a well developped character that it isn't so clear cut.
He was always a schemer anyway who will stop at nothing to get to his dream that was true day1, ever since we met him.
Even when faced with the worst he was himself, even broken and left to die.
That was indeed his downfall but he didn't become an annoying selfcentered brat because his hormone said so.

Antiwhippy

Silver Spoon 76

http://i1.minus.com/iIeisUDZk3atv.png[IMG]

Utterly predictable. Still fun.[/QUOTE]

She wanted his delicious meat and she got it.

[QUOTE]PREACH[/QUOTE]

Like seriously, I have no idea why anyone can like him after the first eclipse.

[quote="Mael, post: 60357869"]I'm not saying that you can't hate him.
I'm saying he's a well developped character that it isn't so clear cut.
He was always a schemer anyway who will stop at nothing to get to his dream that was true day1, ever since we met him.
Even when faced with the worst he was himself, even broken and left to die.
That was indeed his downfall but he didn't become an annoying selfcentered brat because his hormone said so.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't saying he was a bad character. In fact, I think the author did a pretty great job in escalating his bastardry, and did a really good job developing my hate for him.

Mael

I hate Sakura more than Griffith.

She's a shit character who deserves to die. She doesn't even deserve death. Just write her out of the story.

Based Griffith you can fuck my bitches. I ain't salty like Guttsu

I'd be done for breaking her character in the worst possible manner and have her finish her life in a coma myself...

I wasn't saying he was a bad character. In fact, I think the author did a pretty great job in escalating his bastardry, and did a really good job developing my hate for him.
True, then again I'm not saying that I wouldn't someone who did what Griffith did, I'm totally not saying that.
I don't even where I would start if I was in Guts shoe's but that wouldn't be pretty, although I'd blame myself first for being so foolish.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'd be done for breaking her character in the worst possible manner and have her finish her life in a coma myself...

Holy hell, hahaha.

Hot damn I would pay serious money for Kishi to be able to read all the stuff you guys say and to see his reaction.

I have a feeling that he will just laugh though! Haha.

Antiwhippy

True, then again I'm not saying that I wouldn't someone who did what Griffith did, I'm totally not saying that.
I don't even where I would start if I was in Guts shoe's but that wouldn't be pretty, although I'd blame myself first for being so foolish.

Nah, Guts isn't to be blamed. Griffith wasn't the master of Guts, and he acted like a petulant child who found out that he couldn't control one of his favourite toys anymore.

Drifting Classroom

Lady just attacked a memorial for a bunch of dead kids, choked out one of the mourners, then started brawling with the rest, all because the voices in her head told her that her kid wasn't dead. And she says they're the crazy ones.

What did Guts even do? It's not his fault Griffith is a spoiled child.

Mael

Nah, Guts isn't to be blamed. Griffith wasn't the master of Guts, and he acted like a petulant child who found out that he couldn't control one of his favourite toys anymore.

Oh come on now, he was warned enough that dealing with Griffith would be his downfall already. And let's not act like Guts is a saint either.
They're products of their eras but a violent death was to be expected for mercenaries anyway.
Demons are unusuals I'll grant you but it was never meant to have a happy ending anyway.

Holy hell, hahaha.

Hot damn I would pay serious money for Kishi to be able to read all the stuff you guys say and to see his reaction.

I have a feeling that he will just laugh though! Haha.

And this is why I don't hate plenty of characters, only the worst of the worst.

Antiwhippy

Guts realised that he wasn't seen as an equal and wanted to strike out on his own. Griffith didn't need to destroy everything he was building just because he lost a fight. He couldn't handle Guts, or anyone really, being his superior.

Wiseblade

Oh come on now, he was warned enough that dealing with Griffith would be his downfall already. And let's not act like Guts is a saint either.
They're products of their eras but a violent death was to be expected for mercenaries anyway.
Demons are unusuals I'll grant you but it was never meant to have a happy ending anyway.

Slow down there sonny. Zodd's ramblings can't really be taken as a legitimate warning. when a giant demon beast that just tried to kill you start doling out cryptic advice, it's hard to really take it all in. And none of that justifies Grifffith to:

1) Act like a child losing their favourite plaything

2) Throw away everything he's worked toward for a fleeting moment of power

3) Sacrifice those most loyal to him to cover up for his own mistakes.

Griffith's behaviour is indefensible. "He's just being true to himself" doesn't make being a scumbag okay.

Mael

Guts realised that he wasn't seen as an equal and wanted to strike out on his own. Griffith didn't need to destroy everything he was building just because he lost a fight. He couldn't handle Guts, or anyone really, being his superior.

Well yeah, Griffith took it pretty badly (and that's where I'd say he's not that great) but in the end he set in motion events that lead clearly to the eclipse.
In a way when he lost Guts he already lost everything.
Without the Behelit that part of the story would just be about an ambitious warlord who lost everything because he couldn't control himself enough.
In that kind of tale I don't generally hate the warlord, pity more like.
The Eclipse in the hand was his very last chance.
Kinda like the Count, his 1rst use of the behelit is perfectly understandable but the 2nd? Well of course there was no way he'd sacrifice for the pitiful reward the gods offered!

Slow down there sonny. Zodd's ramblings can't really be taken as a legitimate warning. when a giant demon beast that just tried to kill you start doling out cryptic advice, it's hard to really take it all in. And none of that justifies Grifffith to:

Griffith's behaviour is indefensible. "He's just being true to himself" doesn't make being a scumbag okay.

He wasn't the only one warning him, was he?
I prefer my scumbags being true to themselves than shapeshifting assholes if you ask me...

Antiwhippy

Silver Spoon 76

I do like how hachiken seems to be okay with mass ordering pigs to be slaughtered for meat now. Character development comes in many ways

One punch man I-don't-know-what's-up-with-the-chapter-numbering

Yeah those dudes are deeeeeead.

Mael

Exactly. Griffith should have taken lied in the bed he made for himself.

Then again I don't get why we should crucify him for wanting another shot at his dream if it means a clean slate.
After all he meant it when he said that he would sacrifice everything for that dream.

Lain

Sometimes I find myself appreciating scumbags because they are able to be smug and wear their scummy behavior with pride (raping lawyer in The Closer show, for example). The right attitude can make an heinous villain actually look like a magnificent bastard.

Griffith is a piece of shit though.

Antiwhippy

Then again I don't get why we should crucify him for wanting another shot at his dream if it means a clean slate.
After all he meant it when he said that he would sacrifice everything for that dream.

Because the way he did it was TERRIBLE.

Also he wasn't exactly apologetic when he attained godhood. Poor caska.

Silver Spoon

Just noticed this.

GumWWr3.png

Hey ling yao.

Wiseblade

What part of "sacrificed the people most loyal to him to cover for his own mistakes" are you not understanding?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
ONE PUNCH MAN

What's with the author's penchant for numbering his chapters like that? So silly.

Anyways, this is a very formulaic manga but damn if I don't enjoy Saitama kicking overconfident bad guys' asses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom