• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living Game vol. 1

Tokiko is the best character.

I like the humour a lot but I am surprised how conscious everybody is about Rai living with Izumi without causing a Nisekoi-style embarrassment cascade. Everybody just jumps off-panel and shows their legs. Different times~

And I feel I should be definitely creeped out by the fact that this is slowly working towards a romance with a minor but... it's so tame? I don't know, manga might have damaged me into thinking that everything is okay as long as it isn't fanservicey.

Wiseblade

Been re-reading part 1 of Naruto. Kishimoto good god did you shit on Sasuke's character so much.

He's nowhere even close to the douchebag that everyone from fanfiction authors, fandoms, and hatedoms, made him out to be.

SMFH.

He only became like that after getting bit by Orochimaru. Before that he was way more mopey than douchey. It's why I don't buy the idea that not providing a proper apology is impossible given his character.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Sometimes I don't understand people back then complaining about Sasuke acting douchey/mopey.

The dude was practically still a kid when he saw his own brother murdered not only his entire family but his entire relatives and clan as well!

Hell, the fact that he could muster enough shit to actually attend school after witnessing that instead of crying all day in some mental hospital was pretty amazing in itself.

Wiseblade

Sometimes I don't understand people back then complaining about Sasuke acting douchey/mopey.

The dude was practically still a kid when he saw his own brother murdered not only his entire family but his entire relatives and clan as well!

Hell, the fact that he could muster enough shit to actually attend school after witnessing that instead of crying all day in some mental hospital was pretty amazing in itself.

At least Sasuke had a family to begin with. Naruto had to live as an outcast among the entire village with a demon inside tearing away at his soul. And he came out of the whole thing pretty well adjusted!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
At least Sasuke had a family to begin with. Naruto had to live as an outcast among the entire village with a demon inside tearing away at his soul. And he came out of the whole thing pretty well adjusted!

In many ways that makes it even more stressful, don't you think? To lose something you dearly held into in such an extremely brutal fashion.

That's why I tend to give Sasuke more leeway in his douchiness/stupidy/mopeyness.

And if we talk about bad childhood, heh, I actually rank Naruto lower than the types of Gaara and yes, even Sasuke.

Wiseblade

In many ways that makes it even more stressful, don't you think? To lose something you dearly held into in such an extremely brutal fashion.

That's why I tend to give Sasuke more leeway in his douchiness/stupidy/mopeyness.

And if we talk about bad childhood, heh, I actually rank Naruto lower than the types of Gaara and yes, even Sasuke.

Sasuke still had a support network and a legion of girls eager to jump his bones. Naruto had the scorn of everyone around him, a stalker and a fox monster than wanted him dead.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Sasuke still had a support network and a legion of girls eager to jump his bones. Naruto had the scorn of everyone around him, a stalker and a fox monster than wanted him dead.

Ehhhh......

If anything with the fox Naruto is cursed with awesome, and well, although yes Kishi said that Naruto was 'scorned by everyone around him' I thought in reality his school friends like the rookie 9 treated him in quite a friendly manner.

Also, do you mean Hinata for that stalker quip? Hahaha.

And damn, a "legion of girls eager to jump his bones" is hardly a reward when the brother you adored killed everyone in your family/clan and left you all alone. And Sasuke hardly considered them something that he could be enjoying too.

Wiseblade

Ehhhh......

If anything with the fox Naruto is cursed with awesome, and well, although yes Kishi said that Naruto was 'scorned by everyone around him' I thought in reality his school friends like the rookie 9 treated him in quite a friendly manner.

Also, do you mean Hinata for that stalker quip? Hahaha.

And damn, a "legion of girls eager to jump his bones" is hardly a reward when the brother you adored killed everyone in your family/clan and left you all alone. And Sasuke hardly considered them something that he could be enjoying too.

They treated him nicely in the beginning, but then their parents told them not to hang out with him anymore without saying why. Plus he sucked at ninja school so they just started mocking him all the time.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
They treated him nicely in the beginning, but then their parents told them not to hang out with him anymore without saying why. Plus he sucked at ninja school so they just started mocking him all the time.

Hmm, well, I still think that Sasuke got it the worst though in terms of childhood trauma. What happened to him was extremely horrific.

If anything the fox actually improved Naruto's chance of living a long life, hahaha.

Rorschach

And he came out of the whole thing pretty well adjusted!

Not really. His whole relationship with Sasuke (The guy that tried to murder him and everyone he loves) stems from Naruto being incapable of knowing what a healthy relationship is. He never knew of friendships and the ability to sustain them. His relationship with Sasuke is not mutual and it's very obsessive in contrast to reality. Sasuke knows what family and friends are. This is why he doesn't give a shit about Naruto and Sakura. Naruto has no fucking clue what a friend is. This is why he holds Sasuke in such high regard. It's like finding attraction for the first time and not knowing what to make of it or what to do with yourself. You think it's love, but it's really just overwhelming lust. Naruto has no fucking clue how to deal with these feelings, so it becomes an unnatural fixation. The first person, he thinks, to acknowledge him and like him, so he holds on to that instead of seeing Sasuke for who he really is or seeing his actions for their actual intent. He ignores his real friends and the people who really bond with him (such as Shikamaru and Hinata) in favor of fictional or one sided relationships.

If my best friend, of barely a few months, stabbed me and the girl I have a crush on, I'd be pretty fucking pissed. If he left me, told me he hated me, and went off to mingle with Osama Bin Laden, I'd pretty much write him off.

Naruto? He'd feint at the mention of him and foam at the mouth because that's his one true love. Well adjusted? Hardly.

Sakura gets a (well deserved) bad rap for her feelings for Sasuke, but at least she's a stupid teenage girl with raging hormones. Naruto's just a poorly adjusted adolescent with a terrible upbringing and a horrible grasp of relationships and consequence.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
^

I'll give you Shikamaru, but Hinata? Nahhhhhhhhh.

Most of the time Naruto does not even know she exists so I would hardly call her 'really bonding' with Naruto, hahaha.

Rorschach

^

I'll give you Shikamaru, but Hinata? Nahhhhhhhhh.

Most of the time Naruto does not even know she exists so I would hardly call her 'really bonding' with Naruto, hahaha.

lol ok she tries. :( He'll acknowledge her for like 1 panel in a few hundred chapters. I'll give you that one, though. :p Ok, I'll say Rock Lee instead!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
lol ok she tries. :( He'll acknowledge her for like 1 panel in a few hundred chapters. I'll give you that one, though. :p Ok, I'll say Rock Lee instead!

Hahaha. I don't know what's wrong with Naruto either. I mean, a beautiful heiress to a very powerful clan basically surrendered all of her being to him and he doesn't even acknowledge her most of the time, goddamn.

Yeah, but at least Hinata actually cares about Naruto, unlike Sasuke and Sakura.

Man, I don't know about you, but Sakura was willing to throw way the chance to become a Chuunin for Naruto's sake, remember? She cares about him in her own way.

but its friday

The wednesday is eternal!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is that why she openly lied to him and couldn't even be bothered to thank him when he saved her life last chapter?

Lied?

You mean the confession scene?

Well, her ways of doing things was questionable, true, but back then even when doing that she was just trying to pull Naruto out of his obsession in chasing Sasuke--so, basically, she did what she thought as best for his sake.

Hell, Kishi even bothered to have both Sai and Kakashi told Naruto the above after the fake confession scene.

Her intentions were at least in the right place.

And the latter part, you mean the "Sasuke-Kun" thingie? Wow, I am actually honestly surprised that you say "couldn't even be bothered to thank him" as if Sakura was doing it intentionally/out of maliciousness on her part :eek: It's just a light-hearted scene, methinks.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
now we're dealing with power

wise-chan what did i tell you breh. you got this post count covered. if we stretch wednesdays into weekends and gods beard keeps putting out shitty chapters, you could have tons.

imagine if berserk comes back too ^_^

Kurita

One Punch Man
6goEbwB.png

Man that shot looks so good...
Also, naked Sonic, so much :dtl

WHOA! Talk about exaggeration! Kyuubi hardly did shit against Naruto until part 2. The outcast crap was overblown by Kishi. Its really hard to believe that EVERYONE treated him that way imo.

Lied?

You mean the confession scene?

Well, her ways of doing things was questionable, true, but back then even when doing that she was just trying to pull Naruto out of his obsession in chasing Sasuke--so, basically, she did what she thought as best for his sake.

Hell, Kishi even bothered to have both Sai and Kakashi told Naruto the above after the fake confession scene.

Her intentions were at least in the right place.

Thats reaching right there Laughing Banana.

You know as well as most of us that was a shit move on Sakura's part just to make Naruto drop the Sasuke hunt.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Thats reaching right there Laughing Banana.

You know as well as most of us that was a shit move on Sakura's part just to make Naruto drop the Sasuke hunt.

You think so?

Hmm alright. I am honestly in the camp that thinking that while her ways of doing things were obviously unfortunate, at its base she's doing it because she's just worried about Naruto.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Wasting words on sakura makes me a sad motherfucker.

I'd much rather discuss how great a massive troll by Orochimaru would be ending in Sakura being collateral damage. In death.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Huh, is that so.

Well, I have never have any impression about Sakura 'not caring' about Naruto, but I guess everyone has their own perception about stuff.

Wasting words on sakura makes me a sad motherfucker.

I'd much rather discuss how great a massive troll by Orochimaru would be ending in Sakura being collateral damage. In death.

Hot damn, I am probably the ONLY guy here who actually does not mind Sakura. I can feel the venomous stares from all directions here, hahaha.

Speaking of Orochimaru, it would be awesome if Kishi could somehow turn him into the real big bad boss/villain, though I very much doubt it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Shokugeki no soma

That terrine looked delicious, but I guess graduates are on just a whole other level.

Soredemo 70

I remembered this sequence in the anime. Still fucking brilliant in manga form.

Soma

Oddman 11 - Ch. 10-11

Cat Girls, Dog Girls, Squid Girls and even some :SDBurton

I wish chapters of this came out more often.

You think so?

Hmm alright. I am honestly in the camp that thinking that while her ways of doing things were obviously unfortunate, at its base she's doing it because she's just worried about Naruto.

She basically did that for her own sake. Shikamaru went to her and Naruto to ask permission to kill Sasuke to avoid a war with Kumo. The bitch replies that since Naruto is in love with her she can convince him to quit as Naruto wasn't there at Konoha. Cue a few chapters later with the confession. Sai had it right when he called her out on it. That Sakura causes Naruto pain along with Sasuke.

Then she goes and uses Sai, Kiba and Rock Lee leaving them all passed out in the middle of nowhere to kill Sasuke by herself and likely suicide afterwards if Kishi's writing is anything to go by. Bitch had the audacity to get pissed when Naruto rejected her false confession.

Hell she mentions Sasuke more in her confession than she does Naruto.

If there is one type of character I cannot stand its ones like Sakura. Never have I HATED one character so much until Kishi made her so hateable in part 2. I have disliked plenty of characters male and female; but the hatred is something far more deep and personal when it comes to Sakura.

She was ignorable in part 1 as she barely did anything although wanting to turn traitor to be with Sasuke was crossing the line already. But that false confession and other actions she did over the 2nd part are just unforgivable to me.

So thats why its hard to take what you or Tactical Fox say seriously when it comes to Sakura. I can respect liking her but I personally think she is the worst type of character and everything gone wrong in a female in a manga series.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
She basically did that for her own sake. Shikamaru went to her and Naruto to ask permission to kill Sasuke to avoid a war with Kumo. The bitch replies that since Naruto is in love with her she can convince him to quit as Naruto wasn't there at Konoha. Cue a few chapters later with the confession. Sai had it right when he called her out on it. That Sakura causes Naruto pain along with Sasuke.

Then she goes and uses Sai, Kiba and Rock Lee leaving them all passed out in the middle of nowhere to kill Sasuke by herself and likely suicide afterwards if Kishi's writing is anything to go by. Bitch had the audacity to get pissed when Naruto rejected her false confession.

Hell she mentions Sasuke more in her confession than she does Naruto.

If there is one type of character I cannot stand its ones like Sakura. Never have I HATED one character so much until Kishi made her so hateable in part 2. I have disliked plenty of characters male and female; but the hatred is something far more deep and personal when it comes to Sakura.

She was ignorable in part 1 as she barely did anything although wanting to turn traitor to be with Sasuke was crossing the line already. But that false confession and other actions she did over the 2nd part are just unforgivable to me.

So thats why its hard to take what you or Tactical Fox say seriously when it comes to Sakura. I can respect liking her but I personally think she is the worst type of character and everything gone wrong in a female in a manga series.

Alright, I can understand your viewpoint :)

Also, Tactical Fox likes her too? Well then, at least I am not all alone! Hahaha.

Off topic community.

Next to the the thread title there should be a post count.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom