• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Drifting Classroom

Lady just attacked a memorial for a bunch of dead kids, choked out one of the mourners, then started brawling with the rest, all because the voices in her head told her that her kid wasn't dead. And she says they're the crazy ones.
One woman fights against all common sense in a series completely void of any. Sounds about right.

Oh I forgot this gem from Drifting Classroom:

fUhnsDS.jpg

Tough to argue with that logic.
Oh yeah, can't forget the misogyny either.

Mael

What part of "sacrificed the people most loyal to him to cover for his own mistakes" are you not understanding?

And what part of "anyone who was in his position with his level of ambition would have done the same" don't you get?
Seriously you see this type of guys every day in the political circles, guess I'm immune to that kind of stuffs...

Because the way he did it was TERRIBLE.

Also he wasn't exactly apologetic when he attained godhood. Poor caska.

He never came across to me as a very sympathetic guy anyway so why should he be a benevolent god anyway?

Wiseblade

And what part of "anyone who was in his position with his level of ambition would have done the same" don't you get?
Seriously you see this type of guys every day in the political circles, guess I'm immune to that kind of stuffs...

He never came across to me as a very sympathetic guy anyway so why should he be a benevolent god anyway?

That's a terrible defence and doesn't make him any less of a scumbag.

wonzo

Banned
He might've had ambition but that doesn't make what he did any less monstrous. He's a tremendous piece of shit no matter how you look at it.

… because that would make him not so much of a terrible person, which he is?

I'm kind of surprised that so many people in here can't see the light that Griffith is. What he did in the past wasn't exactly honorable, yes, but looking at the big picture, it's clear that he did what he did for the greater good.

I'm kind of surprised that so many people in here can't see the light that Griffith is. What he did in the past wasn't exactly honorable, yes, but looking at the big picture, it's clear that he did what he did for the greater good.

Glad Brot was able to put so elegantly into words what I've been saying the whole time!

I'm not sure what the big deal is, I thought I was simply stating the obvious. But apparently it wasn't obvious enough for some people.

Man, why must you always be wrong brot.

You're saying that having Apostles roaming around and doing a bunch of shit, killing people and torturing them is better than having them under Lord Griffith's control and united under the same banner as humans?

All of their sins will be forgiven by lord Griffith in the end it's only a matter of time

Amen. May the Lord have mercy with their souls.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You're saying that having Apostles roaming around and doing a bunch of shit, killing people and torturing them is better than having them under Lord Griffith's control and united under the same banner as humans?

As opposed to the gazillions of monsters unleashed by him, that is rampaging in the human world now?

Of course, unless you go to Falconia. I'm sure everything is just fine there.

wonzo

Banned
And what greater good was that? The merging of the Astral realm with the Real one together which lead to the deaths of god knows how many innocents? The idealised vision of Falconia which we really don't know anything about outside of its grand visage?

The man may have seemingly created a peace between Apostles and Humans but we've really only seen an incredibly idealised depiction of him and his actions Post-Reincarnation thanks to almost everything he's done depicted from the perspective of a third party. He's also a member of the God Hand which is literally evil incarnate so there's most likely something truly awful going on behind the scenes that we don't yet know about.

Akito

New Jump manga covers

STbo0JR.jpg
nThrsei.jpg

9784088707648.jpg
tusLsP4.jpg

UgKuI0K.jpg
9784088707624.jpg

6RgTsoC.jpg

OP's pretty busy again but I dig it this time, cool color scheme. Medaka's kinda meh for the last volume (?) and Nisekoi's is shitty as all the previous ones. Dat Erina.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Soma's cover is great, as is One Piece's cover. Doflamingo owning it. Interesting to see some black and white on it.
That Bleach cover though... Kubo spilled ink all over a blank canvas again. Someone needs to tell him that's not a style choice.

Hungry Joker's cover almost makes me want to read it, almost

Shokugeki no Soma is the best of the lot

Don't, it's a dead series. Plus, people that have read it point out it's just a bland knock-off of D.Gray-man.

upandaway

Yeah I love the Erina cover. Soma really deserves another color page at this point. One Piece cool too, Sket Dance looks like it tried to pull off a Saki but it doesn't look that good.

Was raping Casca after he had already become an apostle done for the greater good?

wonzo

Banned
It was needed to allow Griffith to return as a human

Also do you really think Gutts and Caska could settle down and raise a kid? Saving his friends from themselves honestly
Technically their kids still "alive", just fading in and out of existence every now and then.

Hystzen

Also do you really think Gutts and Caska could settle down and raise a kid? Saving his friends from themselves honestly

He pinned Gutts down and made him watch every damn minute of it knowing how much they loved each other. Griffith is fucked up but not a lost cause, at moment he just subjugating everything for his dream. Which in turn is helping against monsters but what happens at the end when he creates his kingdom

Guts and Casca would have been killed if the Skull Knight hadn't broken in and saved them, something the apostles didn't predict.

And your second points...what the fuck? Griffith rapes because he cares?

As opposed to the gazillions of monsters unleashed by him, that is rampaging in the human world now?

Aside from the fact that the world transformation was neither his fault, nor his intention, he destroyed a mighty powerful Apostle, who was basically a god and could've caused the apocalypse as we know it and wanted to enslave the entire human race, in that process. But I guess that's not a big deal.

dramatis

Silver Spoon 76

Great to see Hachiken learning to delegate at last.

It is a bit sad to see Tokiwa have such inspiration only to have such a destitute existence.

Onepunch-man 24.2

Everybody is going nude in this Sea King arc, will we finally get to see some skin from Saitama?

I kind of hope Genos gets to beat the king himself, without Saitama butting in to rescue him, but it's hard to see how he can exceed the king's abilities unless it stops raining.

Thanks Akito.

Mael

That's a terrible defence and doesn't make him any less of a scumbag.

Where did I say that he wasn't a scumbag or that he needn't be one?

He might've had ambition but that doesn't make what he did any less monstrous. He's a tremendous piece of shit no matter how you look at it.

Did I say anywhere that what he did was redeemable in any way?
Also if anything that would make that much more human and real, let's not kid ourselves normal people can be monsters, that's actually way more realistic that way.

… because that would make him not so much of a terrible person, which he is?

Why does he need to? Why should he even care what he discarded would even think? I mean if his sole goal is getting his own country, it doesn't mean it's getting his own country and get the approval of everyone he knows either.

Fairy Tail 333

First page includes a timeline to explain everything that happened for people who've dropped due to being confused about what was going on with all the time line hopping

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Where did I say that he wasn't a scumbag or that he needn't be one?

Did I say anywhere that what he did was redeemable in any way?
Also if anything that would make that much more human and real, let's not kid ourselves normal people can be monsters, that's actually way more realistic that way.

Why does he need to? Why should he even care what he discarded would even think? I mean if his sole goal is getting his own country, it doesn't mean it's getting his own country and get the approval of everyone he knows either.

You are just relisting why we hate him. :p

I'm not saying he has poor character justification, I'm saying that his character justification makes him a scumbag who is very easy to hate. Which I thought was the entire point of his arc during the golden age.

Aside from the fact that the world transformation was neither his fault, nor his intention, he destroyed a mighty powerful Apostle, who was basically a god and could've caused the apocalypse as we know it and wanted to enslave the entire human race, in that process. But I guess that's not a big deal.

I thought he was waiting for ganishka to transform and took advantage of skull knight's behelit sword in order to create that process?

I mean, let's not forget that he is in cahoots with the Idea of Evil, whose sole purpose of existence was to manipulate and control destiny in order to fuck humanity up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom