• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
He was only your homie because he speared you with his sword. Wake up Stat Flow, your memories of him are false.
Bu-bu-but Facebook made the OT Banners! And the Wall of Shame graphics! And Wiseblade's Avy...and...and...who are you to question Facebook, homie?

dumbyugi

Hayate no Gotoku 408

I thought this was a pretty funny chapter, though I wish it would get beack to the main story soon. Also have we actually seen this character before? I don't actually remember ever seeing this Hayate clone before.

Articalys

Hayate no Gotoku 408

I thought this was a pretty funny chapter, though I wish it would get beack to the main story soon. Also have we actually seen this character before? I don't actually remember ever seeing this Hayate clone before.
Machina, Athena's butler. He fought against Hayate and Isumi during the Athens arc, and later got into comedy shenanigans with the rest of the girls near the end of the arc as well. Don't think we've seen him since then.

dumbyugi

Machina, Athena's butler. He fought against Hayate and Isumi during the Athens arc, and later got into comedy shenanigans with the rest of the girls near the end of the arc as well. Don't think we've seen him since then.

Oh yeah I think I remember that. I should really re-read Hayate again.

wonzo

Banned
Soredemo 51-58
soredemo51.png

Oh my god. Finally, someone else that understands my complete disinterest in sports. <3 Hotori <3

Standout chapters in this volume were the funny and incredibly creative UFO one and the one involving Kon asking for advice on what to do after she graduates. A shame about the lack of "Haircut Hotori" though. (&#9583;&#65077;&#9584;,)

good

wonzo

Banned
Nobunaga no Chef 28

Hmm, it's kinda disappointing to find out that Ken wasn't the one that actually thought of that pretty ballsy plan. Oh well, I can't wait to see him mess up these brigands with his pro knifing skillz.

Ran and the Gray World ch16

Oh god oh god oh god, this whole chapter was friggin' adorable
sango's the moest of moe

Jintor

Mango app is gonna get updates again! \o/

Dude's rewriting the codebase and everything. Based mango.

Now I can finally have Yamada and Horimiya and all these manga since 2010 on the same goddamn service instead of this inferior bullshit service.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Soredemo 51-58

Standout chapters in this volume were the funny and incredibly creative UFO one and the one involving Kon asking for advice on what to do after she graduates. A shame about the lack of "Haircut Hotori" though. (&#9583;&#65077;&#9584;,)

Kon chapters are always standout chapters. <3

Nobunaga no chef 28

Man, kind of sad to see how the two lords are facing off each other just because they couldn't understand each other.

Wonder if Ken could actually take on them brigands though.

Akito

Ran and the Gray World ch19
ibzQc98VLfZ4bT.jpg

Hibi proves why he's the superior choice, the chemistry between him and Ran was great, the shallow relationship with Outarou is a complete joke in comparison.

Akito

Ran and the Gray World ch20
New girl is annoying but the magic battle was kinda cool and one more "normal" friend for Ran.

Ran and the Gray World ch21
The fanservice level and creative imagination in this chapter were off the charts, I really like it. I hope we'll get a flashback chapter with Tamao soon, she's a really intriguing character.

Ran and the Gray World ch22-23
Well, that escalated quickly, so Outarou is trapped in that world while everyone evacuated to the real world? I can live with this situation for a little while longer.

Wiseblade

Blush Mask vol 14

This arc really reminds me I'm reading a shojo, and it's kind of offputting.

Retcon: Ayumi is a cold-hearted piece of work.

survivor

Banned
Saturn Apartments vol 7 End
soe9Kyy.jpg

Well, that wrapped up nicely after all this time reading it. There was some amazing anticipation and build up to Mitsu's descend into Earth. I have been waiting for that moment about about a year and it was well worth it. The few pages of when Mitsu finally arrives at Earth were fantastic. They have a bigger impact when you realize this is the only time Iwaoka decided to use colour pages.

Emotions and tension ran high in this volume compared to pretty much the previous volumes, but it's understandable given that there is a war about to break loose between the lower level residents and the high level rich residents. Pretty happy with the Sachi-Makoto developments and the manga didn't totally forget about them, but slowly progresses their relationship. Nishimaru was really an interesting villain because even as he went through with his plans he wasn't completely sure what exactly was he trying to accomplish or whose dreams is he following, his wife's or his deluded ambitions. I suppose the one thing I didn't like was this glasses dude trying to fuck everything up for everyone. I don't even remember him from the previous volumes or what exactly is his goal beside having fun screwing up everything.

This is probably my third favourite sci-fi manga. Starts out with a very laid back episodic nature about window washing, but slowly develops a large and ambitious narrative with great cast of characters and themes.

Akito

Nanatsu no Taizai 31
Oh shit, that surely cannot be Liz, maybe Diane has somehow found a way to shrink herself?. I'm pretty hyped for Meliodas vs. Ban Meliodaz vs. Baan.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Seven Deadly Sins

Didn't think they'd just have Ban vs. Melioda so early but so be it. No way the mystery girl is Elizabeth.

Dragon's Rioting

We finally meet the 3rd dragon, but I'm definitely agreeing with what someone said here earlier. The dude is probably over his sickness but spending all his life in fear of it has made him like this.

must be a sunday morning since theres more reading...

Koi Nante Shinai! 1
tumblr_mnrvq7tBog1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Alright start to this school setting story and what not. I wonder where it goes as so far it seems Ryuu just hates Kujou for no reason but then there was that one nurse office scene in which he seemed to start to like his features. Oh well, if they can make it happen. Shouta, the typical best friend character, is hilarious, never fails to make me not laugh when he speaks.

FillerB

Seven Deadly Sins

So... shapeshifting Holy Knight who took Liz's appearance to mess with the Sins or some brainwashed sister from Liz?

Village

Do you all ever listen to music while you read manga.

Maybe something that goes along with the theme of the manga or what is currently happening.

suzu

Nanatsu no Taizai / The Seven Deadly Sins 31

- Sad at the loss of the apron. Same exact shirt too.
- Mystery girl can't be Elizabeth.
- Meliodaz vs Baan.. haha..

Westlo

but it was in top 5 this week, no way it could be gone this summer.

What? Wasn't it bottom 5? or was that bottom 5 leak a fake? I haven't even looked @ the full TOC this week.

edit - Damn that fake leak, WT was actually 3rd for the week, pretty good effort considering how it was going.

Also dat Souma vol 2 cover, me likey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom