• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

Dragon's Rioting 3-4

rsz_img000018_zps589cccad.jpg

I think Death by Boobies will make a fitting title for this

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What is the history of this sharigan tank? I hear it mentioned all the time anyone got a link or a summary?

It was a fake spoiler at one point. Basically it went that Tobi and Zetsu were going to show up and save Sauske from Bee in a sharingan tank made of Itachi's eyes or some shit. The fake spoiler was better than the actual chapter. There was a picture of it someone made too.

m4IIMT6.png

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Angry Grimace is so prideful in the ways of old. It's great to see an old man fighting strong.

Although, I do remember the times when we got scans really late, and really early. But then I wasn't posting in ManGAF. Places like Mangahelpers, OneManga (before they were just forums), and NarutoForums - bleh. But that was also when I was really hype about manga and anime. MANGAF convinced me to read One Piece. That was fun.

Kusagari

It was a fake spoiler at one point. Basically it went that Tobi and Zetsu were going to show up and save Sauske from Bee in a sharingan tank made of Itachi's eyes or some shit. The fake spoiler was better than the actual chapter. There was a picture of it someone made too.

m4IIMT6.png

Yep. The greatest fake spoiler of all time. The best thing about it was that people weren't sure whether to believe it or not.

I think the whole spoiler was Tobi and Zetsu interrupt Sasuke's fight with Raikage while riding on top of a tank covered in Sharingan's. Then Tobi somehow switched Sasuke's eyes with Itachi's on the spot.

m4IIMT6.png

Maybe once the series enters the next level of ninja inception... Or gets back to the real world sharigan tanks will appear

Akito

Ran and the Gray World ch13

Damn son, dat level of swag

@Akito: I didn't totally disliked the GAF documentary but to me it felt like 'twas more focused
on the relantionship the interviewed persons have with GAF than the community itself.
I agree but to be fair, the documentary was aimed at non-Gaffers so bringing in and telling the story through famous people is an understandable albeit quite safe approach. It did spawn the hilarious Perfect Little World 2.0 video though :lol

Zettai Reiiki 01-02

Vxr1vvCl.jpg

Guy moves into an apartment that's haunted with a ghost and falls in love with her.

Very nice comedy. I like the jokes and it has great pacing. I like how direct the MC is and the ghost girl is pretty moe. Hell, they even tossed in an Ultraman joke so it's awesome.

scy

Why is the love rival in those always the girl with big breasts. It disappoints me that those ones never seem to win too ...are they trying to say something here?

That said, ghost girl wins.

Anyway, caught up with Tonari no Kashiwagi-san 45 - Oh god I forgot how awesome second girl was. Can second couple get their own manga? Progress of the main couple is slow but at least hopefully we'll move on from Tina.

Ochite Chika Chika 1 - Wait, this isn't just a one-shot? Pretty typical shoujo stuff. So I'll probably follow it because I like bad things.

Aimane - Akuma na Kanojo o Produce -
dTmZw4X.png

Something about a devil girl and idols. Fanservice appeared yadda yadda blah blah stuff happened.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Gamble Fish 96

This dude really doesn't know how to do a poker face.

Overall thought the manga has a terrible story and terrible characters, but the gambling is ridiculous and the tits are huge, so I guess I'll follow till the end?

m4IIMT6.png

Yep. The greatest fake spoiler of all time. The best thing about it was that people weren't sure whether to believe it or not.

I think the whole spoiler was Tobi and Zetsu interrupt Sasuke's fight with Raikage while riding on top of a tank covered in Sharingan's. Then Tobi somehow switched Sasuke's eyes with Itachi's on the spot.

Indeed.

I will never forget that day tbh LOL

Shoukoku no Altair

Mahmut Tughril is a young Pasha serving on the general's council of Türkiye. The clouds of war are gathering over his country. With Türkiye's council split between the warmongers and the pacifists, Mahmut begins his quest to keep the peace at any cost. As he finds himself deeper and deeper in the politics of the ancient world, new enemies and allies surface. (Taken form Baka-Updates)

A historical manga set in what is like the ancient Ottoman empire. The MC is a falconer who holds a high position in the government. Many of the terms used in the manga are in Turkish so the reader can be confused in the beginning.

The main focus is in the political struggles between the Rumelian Empire and the Turkiye Stratocracy as the empire seeks to expand its influence using many methods and the MC groeth as he experience the harsh reality. The political intrigue is really well done and the world building is excellent.

The settings and character design is one of the highlights of the manga. They reflect many historical places and their culture in the past such as Venice, Greece, for example.

IMO Shoukoku no Altair > Magi.

Averon

Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei 18

I shouldn't have spoiled myself after looking at the LN.

Now I can't look at Tatsuya the same way.

Man, I can't wait until this gets an anime. The rage people will experience with the MC will be glorious to witness. He makes Kirito look like a bumbling fool in comparison.

scy

Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei - Magic School Incest Route.

adghC4t.png

Jesus, fuck already.

Man, I can't wait until this gets an anime. The rage people will experience with the MC will be glorious to witness. He makes Kirito look like a bumbling fool in comparison.

orly?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
i remember reading the 1st chapter a long long time ago
based on the drawings i thought it's going to be BL or shonen ai or something
it's not i guess?
i'll check them out then

It's not. It's more politics and exploration than anything else.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

m4IIMT6.png

Ahh memories lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Remember the Pain arc where we finally thought Kishi had reached his stride and it'd be smooth sailing from then on?

LOOOOOOOL

I know, that arc was so good up until the very final chapter. He's just in a rush to finish at this point, dude doesn't really care anymore.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

That's still more logical and sensible than the Sharingarm.

I know, that arc was so good up until the very final chapter. He's just in a rush to finish at this point, dude doesn't really care anymore.

Kind of sad really. A shame when authors don't care about the world they created anymore.

I'd argue Bleach is the exact opposite. Kubo stopped caring during the FKT and Fullbring and then brought back his passion in this new arc.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Kind of sad really. A shame when authors don't care about the world they created anymore.

I'd argue Bleach is the exact opposite. Kubo stopped caring during the FKT and Fullbring and then brought back his passion in this new arc.

Most of my issues with Bleach can be linked to editorial and pandering to the fan base. The only reason Icekid has ever been important was his popularity, and the whole reason the FKT arc was bad was that Kubo was pandering to the fans of each of the captains. Writers shouldn't listen to what the fans want, its very rare that it ever leads to good story telling.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

It's not so much that he didn't care about the Fullbringers. It was just a transitional story to the current arc. He even said he intentionally made Ichigo's Fullbring looks stupid so people wouldn't miss it.

Despite that, it had the best psychological story presented in the big three. Ichigo's world got wrecked hard by Facebook.

It's not so much that he didn't care about the Fullbringers. It was just a transitional story to the current arc. He even said he intentionally made Ichigo's Fullbring looks stupid so people wouldn't miss it.

Despite that, it had the best psychological story presented in the big three. Ichigo's world got wrecked hard by Facebook.
Ichigo crying and saying "You too? Dad?"

Probably one of my favorite panels of all time, not just Bleach

DarkMehm

Hitman Reborn 301-346

The inheritance arc was way better than the future arc, really enjoyed it. Now let's see that final arc + ending.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Facebook was my homie. I'm glad Kubo might be exploring him further in the upcoming war(s). His fight with Byakuya was top grade.

Articalys

Hayate no Gotoku 408

C8a4knf.png

Given how terrible this series is going right now? Hahahahahahaha fuck no.

Man, seriously, what the fuck happened. Did ratings tank during the whole Ruka drama arc or something? Or is he intentionally doing all comedy stories because of the terrible new season of the anime?

DarkMehm

Hitman Reborn 347-352

Why are they surprised that this isn't Reborns true appearance? They should already know from Lal Mirch that the Arcobaleno have normal bodys without the curse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom