• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
r8AKbtX.jpg

Gintama 446

Gin is so screwed if Kagura's dad ever finds out about the photo.

Dresden

if we're talking about korean WEBTOONZ, Attaque is a decent one.

Generally speaking, though, the thing that bothers me most about KOREAN WEBTOONZ is the conspicuous waste of space. There's a lot of blank, empty areas in between panels that just go unused for the most part--it's fine if you want to denote, say, the passage of time, but otherwise it just feels like a waste. Being unbound to the confines of the printed page is okay, but many artists just don't take advantage of that.

Generally speaking, though, the thing that bothers me most about KOREAN WEBTOONZ is the conspicuous waste of space. There's a lot of blank, empty areas in between panels that just go unused for the most part--it's fine if you want to denote, say, the passage of time, but otherwise it just feels like a waste. Being unbound to the confines of the printed page is okay, but many artists just don't take advantage of that.

To be fair Webtoons are 30-40 colored pages a week. But yeah there are a lot of wasted spaces.

survivor

Banned

I have a problem with the art of some of the ones that I read. They feel too manufactured and digital, especially the backgrounds.

Akito

Evangelion 85 (END)
Even though I knew about the content through spoilers but that didn't make the ending any less terrible, as if Sadamoto was like "Fuck it, now I really don't give a fuck any more" :/

Aizo

Banned
Do you all ever listen to music while you read manga.

Maybe something that goes along with the theme of the manga or what is currently happening.

I actually try very hard to listen to music that fits the tone of the series. If a song is too intense for a specific scene, I skip to another. I usually listen to game, movie, and anime OSTs, but sometimes I also listen to music that has vocals. Example: Read horror while listening to Black Metal, reading SF while listening to Vocal Trance, or reading some delinquent manga while listening to Japanese Punk or Ska.

Reading Ito Junji manga at 3:00am on a stormy night, in the dark, while listening to Silent Hill OSTs is my favorite media + atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom