• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Kaladin

And it's alright, it's alright, it's alright, it's alright, it's alright
It's alright
Bright lights and the big city belongs to us tonight
Tonight, tonight

IT'S ALRIGHT.

tumblr_mehak4Ge0b1qzx70zo1_500.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I made flapjacks earlier they are good, nice and thick like proper flapjacks should be. Flapjacks.

I just found out in the americas flapjacks are described as pancakes, that's not what I made. I don't want there to be any confusion.

Cakes from the pan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I heard through the grapevine there will be a GWF tomorrow night. Right after RAW. Soulplaya, we need you now more than ever.

Gee-Dubyu-Eff! Gee-Dubyu-Eff! Gee-Dubyu-Eff!

Looking forward to GWF's glorious return.

I just picked up the MP4 of AAW's 'Durty Deeds' show from February 10th over at www.smartmarkvideo.com - haven't watched the whole show yet, but ACH vs Matt Fitchett is really, really good. Like, 'I'll be surprised is anything on the card betters it' good, and still to go is Sami Callihan vs Davey Richards, Samuray Del Sol vs Kyle O'Reilly and Michael Elgin vs Silas Young! Gonna save the rest for tomorrow, but here's a quick GIF of ACH being awesome;

iniM7L8Dmq49L.gif

mechashiva said:
Swann Hansen!

Lol, that moustache really suits him. I like Swann Hansen better than Danshoku Swann;

i9NqKgB1RtRSZ.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let me just say this - for GWF tomorrow night, I'm having to create 8 new fighters. This is daunting.

New Japan announce the participants and opening round matches for the NJ Cup 2013!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwT9CL168sQ

. Yujiro Takahashi (CHAOS) vs Togi Makabe
. Davey Boy Smith Jr. (Suzuki-gun) vs Shinsuke Nakamura (CHAOS)
. Tomohiro Ishii (CHAOS) vs Satoshi Kojima
. Tama Tonga vs Hirooki Goto
. Karl Anderson vs Hiroyoshi Tenzan
. Lance Archer (Suzuki-gun) vs Kazuchika Okada (CHAOS)
. Minoru Suzuki (Suzuki-gun) vs Yuji Nagata
. Toru Yano (CHAOS) vs Manabu Nakanishi

Suzuki vs Nagata rematch! Yes! Also, I'm betting Nakamura vs Davey Boy Jr. will be his best singles match since leaving WWE...hell, including his WWE run.

The New Japan Cup 2013 kicks off on March 11th and finishes on March 23rd at Tokyo's Korakuen Hall and the finals will be live on iPPV!

Also, full line-up confirmed for SHINE 8, live worldwide via iPPV also on March 23rd;

. Main Event 8-Woman Tag: VALKYRIE (Rain, Ivelisse, Taylor Made & Allysin Kay) vs Amazing Kong, Angelina Love, Mia Yim & Christina Von Eerie
. Career vs Respect: Reby Sky vs Jessicka Havok
. Pick Your Poison: Leva Bates vs Kimberly
. Mercedes Martinez vs Nikki Roxx
. Santana vs Sojo Bolt
. Brandi Wine vs Jayme Jameson
. Su Yung vs Brittney Savage
. Nikki St. John vs Luscious Latasha

jred2k

Bootaaay, do you run a wrestling news site or something? It seems like a full time job staying up on news and watching as much wrestling as you do.

So what is going on with Guardians Of The Galaxy concerning Drax? Jason Momoa is still in the mix, but now I’m also told that former wrestler Dave Bautista is the other top candidate. It’s between them two actors. Half want Momoa who is holding out for a better deal, and the other half want Bautista who will next be seen in Universal’s Riddick. Bautista certainly has the physicality for the role.
Come on Big Dave!

Bret Hart's anger tour continues, trashes Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff

I've got no faith in either one of them. If anything, they're [TNA] going to lose a lot of ground. They're spending a fortune on a guy who's worthless. And Bischoff's as worthless as Hogan, the two of them have zero to offer the business. The only thing Hulk Hogan ever knew was how to make Hulk Hogan. He couldn't tell you how to make AJ Styles or Samoa Joe. What's Hulk Hogan going to tell Samoa Joe? He doesn't know anything to even tell him, he's got zero to offer.

Omega

Banned
why is Batista getting jobs as an actor? has no one seen his previous movies?

i love bad movies, but theres a reason every Batista movie has been straight-to-Netflix

also Bret is right, but TNA is run by idiots. learn from history and don't make the same mistakes. TNA has managed to be even worse than WCW. it's like someone told Dixie "man WCW was terrible, it cant possibly get worse" and she respoded with CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Entropia

No One Remembers
I need to stop watching these wrestling Docs... the WCCW one was depressing towards the end with all the suicides and shit. Now I'm watching the Hart family one and they talked about Owen and the British Bulldog's deaths. :(

Couple of spoilers from the ROH TV Tapings regarding Supercard of Honor VII at WrestleMania weekend;

Mike Mondo returned, looks like he's going to feud with Charlie Haas. Yay?
. ROH World Championship Match:
will be Kevin Steen (c) vs Jay Briscoe!
. ROH World Tag Team Championship Match:
will be reDRagon (dumbest name ever?) of Fish & O'Reilly (c) vs The American Wolves!

Also, the Mania weekend iPPVs are up for pre-order at WWNLive, with;

. EVOLVE 19
. Kaiju Big Battel
. SHIMMER 53
. DGUSA - Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
. DGUSA - Mercury Rising 2013

As for the other iPPVs that weekend, CZW will be broadcasting via www.rfvideonow.com, while CHIKARA & $5 Wrestling will be via www.smvod.com and www.highspots.tv, respectively.

Bootaaay, do you run a wrestling news site or something? It seems like a full time job staying up on news and watching as much wrestling as you do.

Twitter helps a ton when it comes to keeping up to date with the news, I also only sleep about 4 hours on average and am in front of a computer for most of the day, so I find myself getting through a lot, even when I'm supposed to be working, lol. Still, I'm not watching quite as many promotions as I was last year - kinda dialled it back on the puroresu front, as I only really keep up with NJPW, AJPW & a bit of NOAH.

I made flapjacks earlier they are good, nice and thick like proper flapjacks should be. Flapjacks.

I just found out in the americas flapjacks are described as pancakes, that's not what I made. I don't want there to be any confusion.
Pancakes? what level of shit is this? Flapjacks are the greatest of sweet snacks, they ain't no Shrove Tuesday snack in my book, worse still they apparently call them oat/cereal bars as well, they ain't nutri grains either! ARGLFVJCJVJVGVD!

I hope they were delicious.

Let me just say this - for GWF tomorrow night, I'm having to create 8 new fighters. This is daunting.
Finally the GWF has come back? i'm so ready.

I noticed people talking about WM themes up there and no one mentioned Big Time?
Shameful!

Aiii

So not worth it
So, I am now able to use Netflix due to some clever hacking that involved installing a Chrome Extension. WWE documentaries, here I come!

strobogo

Banned
wcw2001.tumblr.com

WCW Thunder 2/7/2001

I'm probably going to regret the cardio for this. I feel like WCW is on a clear "Put everything into Nitro, who gives a fuck about Thunder" offensive.

Shane Helms vs Kaz Hayashi

The tracking is pretty rough on this, so we'll see how it goes. This is a qualifying match for a 6 man, 4 corners match at Superbrawl, with the winner getting a title shot. Shannon Moore is already qualified. This video and my current task of digitizing old home videos just reminds how much VCRs sucked. And how time and hard drive space consuming converting a year's worth of shows is. Shane appears to hurt his leg early on. It doesn't stop him from doing his frog splash cross body. Kaz does Taker's apron leg drop. I'm sure this match is fine, but it's like watching it on a scrambled PPV channel. I remember watching Survivor Series 1994 that way and being so bummed when Bret lost. Chavo comes out to ringside. Shane lets Chavo distract him and Kaz wins with a German suplex. He moves on to the 6 man match.

TO THE BACK.
Norman tells Glacier to show up a little earlier this time. Palumbo and O'Haire enter the locker room and beat up Glacier.

The Magnificent 7 come to the ramp. Scott talks about all the injuries he's caused and how he and his brother are united. Rick says they are the BEST IN THE WORLD! Punk steals from Rick Steiner. Shameless. Nash's music hits, but the face team are up in the crowd.

vlcsnap-2013-03-04-01h03m21s166_zps680a6e10.png

Lex tells Crush "You're not even in mine league". Insiders want the Steiners tonight. Scott wants it, but Flair won't allow it. Instead we'll get Insiders vs Jarrett/Rick. I'm sad "Big Poppa SCUM" wasn't used. Big Poppa Chump is still pretty DDP, though. And not nearly as bad as Cat saying "Big Poppa Dump" 6 times a show. Cat will have an opponent picked by Lance Storm. You wouldn't know that Cat and Lance were feuding since Cat is involved with all of Flair's stuff while Lance is having random mid card matches. Lex vs Crush will also happen tonight.

TO THE BACK. Ric pumps Scotty up.

Norman Smiley vs Sean O'Haire

O'Haire is now wearing long tights. He should go back to the trunks. These tights make him look shorter and have small legs.

vlcsnap-2013-03-04-01h10m56s113_zpse2e065cb.png

For years I thought the "full arm drag and twist" was a "full arm dragon twist". It still sounds way cooler. Arm drags! Smiley slam! Norman looks for Glacier instead of keeping on offense and it costs him the match. Mark Jindrak comes out after the match. Stasiak comes from the other side and attacks. O'Haire made a come back on both of them. Kind of. He botched a springboard move, which leads to a great gif to cover it up.

pxrz.gif

Chuck finally makes his way out. He sure took his sweet ass time. Champs stand tall.

TO THE BACK
. Ric shoots the shit with Animal. Mike Sanders comes in with Ric's dry cleaning. Flair apologizes for losing his temper with Mike on Nitro. He books Mike vs Konnan.

The Cat vs Elix Skipper

I'm surprised Lance didn't book himself going in line with the "give away every PPV match two weeks early" thinking that permeated Nitro. You know what would have made more sense? The Cat vs Team Canada. All of them. "The Cat's back is up against a wall, literally." There is no wall in a ring unless The Wall is wrestling. Monsoon's spirit inhabited Tony for a second. Cat and Prime Time actually have more of an issue than Cat and Lance. Elix and has been hitting on Ms. Jones for weeks. Cat wins with the Feliner in a competitive match. I'd bet this match will probably be longer and more competitive than the PPV match with Lance. Withe bald head, Cat kind of looks like a brown Engineer. Lance comes out and Mike Awesome ambushes Cat from behind. SWERVE!

TO THE BACK. Gene is with Totally Buffed. The Wall is doing curls. Chavo tells him to take out Rey Jr. Laughing can be heard in the back ground. Kwee Wee again challenges developmental guys. He picks the smallest guy instead of Chris Harris or Daffney's ex boyfriend. Ric Flair tells Steiner to stay focused.

vlcsnap-2013-03-04-05h29m13s195_zpsbb788dc1.png

Lex Luger vs Brian Adams

1994 Superstars represent! Crush wins with a full nelson slam. Buff attacks after the match and Wrath makes the save.

Rey Mysterio Jr vs The Wall

Wall did a one armed press slam. I mean, I've done that to a 4 year old, too. No biggie. Rey jumps on Wall's back and Wall slams him back in the corner. The weigh and size difference between these two is more than the difference between Hugh and Torrie, but it killed Torrie. Lame. Wall tried a top rope leg drop, but missed. Rey makes his come back and gets rid of Chavo. Hugh comes out and takes out Wall. Rey hits a moonsault after Hugh and gets the win. You'd think this was the biggest upset of all time. But Rey was a giant killer for a year and beat guys like Nash. Wall is just Chavo's bodyguard.

vlcsnap-2013-03-04-05h44m14s246_zpsa07c54d2.png

Kwee Wee vs Johnny Dodson

Kwee Wee attacked a fan and pinned him. Then the guy from the back comes out. Imagine Elix Skipper, but half as big. Kwee Wee beats him up and pins him with a piledriver.

vlcsnap-2013-03-04-05h52m01s53_zpsb5d61328.png

Mike Sanders vs Konnan

Konnan wins. Fuck this show.

TO THE BACK
. Gene is with the Harris Brothers. Don now has a manager's license. Ron challenges everyone in WCW, because he's just like butter: He's on a roll. Ric is trying to convince Scott to stay out of the main event. Insiders and Rick/Jeff head to the ring.

The Insiders vs Rick Steiner/Jeff Jarrett

I really hope Kanyon shows up in this match. This was not interesting at all. It's almost hilarious how little WCW is bothering with Thunder right now. No one but the cruisers give the slightest of fucks. Jackknife pins Rick. A stand off happens, but we're outta time! This show sucked.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like the cat's out of the bag - Laserfrog has "Made it"

Top Bottom