• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Loved the first two gifs, was very impressed.

Hated the last three, I think it has to do with adding unnecessary new flips and moves to existing moves that don't seem to be adding anything to the impact of the actual move that is getting to me, but I'm not sure.

Those first two gifs you posted though were amazing, love them.

strobogo

Banned
Legit Shook Uncensored 1999 REMASTERED

Hated the last three, I think it has to do with adding unnecessary new flips and moves to existing moves that don't seem to be adding anything to the impact of the actual move that is getting to me, but I'm not sure.

Those first two gifs you posted though were amazing, love them.

Yeah, I get that - the front flip senton especially, as it'd look more effective if he'd just took a run-up and done a standard senton. I thought the hip-toss GTS was pretty smart though, very quick way of hitting the move in a variety of situations, even if it lacks the impact of the standard GTS. The rope-assisted piledriver looks like it could easily go wrong, though.

In general, Euro indie wrestling is a lot like US indie wrestling, but with a bit more restraint and, imo, an overall better grasp on the technical, mat wrestling side of things.

I really need to get round to watching/going to see Progress. Heard nothing but good things.

Got RPW in a couple weeks, should be a good one.

Noam Dar does his best John Cena impersonation, with a far more effective You Can't See Me;

Noam.gif

Khali Chop;

Noam1.gif

It's not often you hear a Great Khali chant at an indie wrestling show...or any wrestling show, for that matter.

I really need to get round to watching/going to see Progress. Heard nothing but good things.

Got RPW in a couple weeks, should be a good one.

The York Hall show? Should be good fun, I'm really looking forward to the Swords of Essex vs Inner City Machine Guns match.

The York Hall show? Should be good fun, I'm really looking forward to the Swords of Essex vs Inner City Machine Guns match.
Yeah. I went to a York Hall one a few months back (cause I wasn't going to miss my chance to see Liger) and wasn't totally sold on the Swords, but I've only seen one match to be fair. Looking forward to Bucks/Project Ego.

Watching some IWA-MS show from last month and I just saw what'll probably go down as one of the worst matches I'll see all year - it's a 10 man ladder match for a IWA-MS contract, featuring dudes not good enough for a spot on the main IWA-MS roster. Just let that sink in for a moment.

This dude thinks he's Ibushi, but ends up flipping on top of his head;

IWA.gif

There were 3 tower of doom spots, immediately after one another, then the 10th dude went for a splash but everyone moved out of the way. They did that thing where everyone takes it in turns to dive on each other and, towards the end, that real stupid spot where all 10 guys get their finisher in, gauntlet-style, in the space of about a minute. Everyone rushed the ladder for the finish, but the dude who flipped on his head scrambled on the back of a fat guy to grab the contract.

Also, the show started with Corp and Kongo brawling out to the ring - the locker room emptied to separate them, but then Kongo threw a fireball into Corp's face and everyone started brawling with each other for no reason.

Yeah. I went to a York Hall one a few months back (cause I wasn't going to miss my chance to see Liger) and wasn't totally sold on the Swords, but I've only seen one match to be fair. Looking forward to Bucks/Project Ego.

Bucks/Ego should be awesome as well, a tough act to follow I'd imagine. I've only seen the Swords tag a couple of times, didn't even realise they were a team until I saw the DVDs of the RPW show with Liger. They've both been great as singles wrestlers in Progress, though.

Man this broad likes to party. She's very beautfiul but I'm more of a bake cookies and watch Gilmore Girls like Renee Young. When in ghe hell are they going to release her photoshoot? Goddam it's been weeks and I've been patient

And to love: a god
And to fear: a flame
And to burn a crowd that has a name
And to right or wrong
And to meek or strong
It is known; just scream it from a wall

I've willed, I walked, I read
I've talked, I know, I know
I've been here before yeah

Now we won't be raped
Hey, no we won't be scarred like that
Hey, now we won't be raped
Hey, now we won't be scarred like that

It's the sun that burns
It's the wheel that turns
It's the way we sing that makes 'em dream
And to Christ: a cross
And to me: a chair
I will sit and earn the ransom up here

jmdajr

If Punk returns it's easy. Authority cost him the Rumble and he wants his title shot. Not much else to add really.

I guess some folks still hate the idea of Bryan and HHH but I'm fine with it. If D. Bry is the future then head lining next year is just fine. Let Punk have his moment.

strobogo

Banned
I'd be 100% for Punk to return and immediately turn heel, giving us Punk vs Bryan at WM. There have been a lot of big WM matches that weren't made until 2-3 weeks before the show.

strobogo

Banned
Seems impossible. You would have to have a fatal four way.

Punk comes back/joins the Authority because he was promised a title shot. He gets added to the match. Bryan comes out and calls him out on it and a match between those two is made instead. It's not that hard.

What if Batista puts up his spot at Mania every week, giving incentive for the "top" guys to go after him? He DID say he was going to beat down all our "heroes" week after week. Then he loses the spot on some random Raw.

Meh. I dunno.

Hasney

I don't either, but I'd like it to happen more than Punk just showing back up and doing what he was doing.

*CM Punk enters to huge pop in Chicago, talks about being away and praises Chicago*

Punk: "But now I'm back, things will never be the same as they were before and I'm targeting the people that caused me to be away"

*crowd goes crazy, cameras show a sign saying "HHH needs to GTS"

Punk: "That's right... I'M CALLING YOUR ASS OUT PAULRUS. AND WHEN I'M DONE WITH YOU, I WANT THE SHIELD"

*crowd cheers due to lol Chicago. People at home sigh*

Greatest comeback ever.

jmdajr

*CM Punk enters to huge pop in Chicago, talks about being away and praises Chicago*

Punk: "But now I'm back, things will never be the same as they were before and I'm targeting the people that caused me to be away"

*crowd goes crazy, cameras show a sign saying "HHH needs to GTS"

Punk: "That's right... I'M CALLING YOUR ASS OUT KANE!"

*crowd cheers due to lol Chicago. People at home sigh*

Greatest comeback ever.

Yeah

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So it was like 77 yesterday and now it's like 28 degrees. These swerves are driving me crazy.

We went from 60s to 3 last night. And a fuckton of ice, sleet, and snow. Just made it in to work...ugh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hate to say this but I would really enjoy a retirement speech from Punk tonight. It might be his only crack at one in the right place.

TL21xx

Banned
So it was like 77 yesterday and now it's like 28 degrees. These swerves are driving me crazy.

Tell me about it, we went from a weekend around 80°F to 26. Last I checked this is the kind of weather I was trying to avoid when I moved from Colorado to Texas. At least up there it was dry and I didn't have to deal with humidity.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'd be 100% for Punk to return and immediately turn heel, giving us Punk vs Bryan at WM. There have been a lot of big WM matches that weren't made until 2-3 weeks before the show.

Seriously this would be so great.

Triple H caves tonight and says that if DB can beat him in the main event of Raw he'll be added to the title match. And just about as hes going to win Punk runs out and takes him out and celebrates with Triple H to end the show.

jmdajr

Seriously this would be so great.

Triple H caves tonight and says that if DB can beat him in the main event of Raw he'll be added to the title match. And just about as hes going to win Punk runs out and takes him out and celebrates with Triple H to end the show.

hhgif_zps46a1840a.gif

Mengetsu

So I was watching this Top Ten Undertaker Returns and I have never seen 2002-2010 stuff and wanted to know if those lightning effects especially here were added in or were those at the live events as well live on PPV? Looks bad but cool :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom