• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Seik

Banned
WHO DID THAT RED SHELL?!

The irony lol.

Edit: Gotta leave for a while because hungryness and GF coming back, will be there later for sure though!

Swapzism

Not 100% sure how Tournament Shuffle works but it would be interesting to keep match ups fresh as well as auto merge lobbies (I think that's how it's supposed to work) if for some reason there is say 4 small GAF lobbies running at the same time.

Of course with the current connection issues just to get in a lobby (without joining through recently played) it's probably not a good idea.

sviri

I've got about 20 hours in now, haven't played since MK64 when I was a little kid. The rubberbanding power-ups completely kill the fun for me 😐I guess yeah salt and all that but 🤔it's just not fun to get obliterated by some last place AIs when I'm performing well above 2-12.

I will say though that when I'm not getting robbed of my time, it is REALLY fun.

Jigolo

Just caught a few seconds on Twitch but I saw DK dabbing during a perfect jump. Did they add new animations? I don't remember that in the original.

What is the best way to find an online game with my brother? Two seperate consoles. Do we (can we) host a room that fills up quick or does one of us have to spectate until someone leaves?

Never did this on Wii or Wii U

Does anyone else find the autocontrol causes you to lose speed randomly? I love it for my kids, but I find it kicks in far too much for me.

KingBroly

Banned
I didn't think MK8D online would be this bad tonight :\

First race I'm like 3 inches from finishing first with 2 items protecting me, the game glitches out 1 red shell to act as 2 one after one, wasting both, get hit by 2 more red shells instantly, then get Blue Shelled, finish 7th. BS.

Next 2 races I win but it just rolls Pure Coins on me for 2 Races. WTH?

VICI0US

so how do kart stats work in this game?

is each "line" in the stat sheet a new tier, or does each .25 it goes up actually matter?

i.e. is 3.5 speed any faster than 3 speed?

KingBroly

Banned
so how do kart stats work in this game?

is each "line" in the stat sheet a new tier, or does each .25 it goes up actually matter?

i.e. is 3.5 speed any faster than 3 speed?

Ideally you want everything at X.75, since the AI is rounded down to X.00 from those numbers.

At least that's what I know

Redd

I got hit with 4 blue shells over the course of a race....including one on the final stretch that knocked me back to 4th. -_-

Ogodei

Does anyone else find the autocontrol causes you to lose speed randomly? I love it for my kids, but I find it kicks in far too much for me.

Wait, there *is* autocontrol?

Damn, here i thought it was my left joycon acting up (which also happened, for the first and only time, while playing this game). I would try to go offroad sometimes and the game would stop me.

Though it's helped me more than hurt me so far on places like Super Bell Highway.

Firebrand

Wait, there *is* autocontrol?

Damn, here i thought it was my left joycon acting up (which also happened, for the first and only time, while playing this game). I would try to go offroad sometimes and the game would stop me.

Though it's helped me more than hurt me so far on places like Super Bell Highway.

If you've got autosteering on you'll have an antenna on your kart that lights up when it kicks in. Disable on the character selection screen with +/-. There's also autoacceleration and gyro control toggles there.

Top Bottom