• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Direct now online

Tom_Cody

I'm at work; did the the direct give any sort of update on the NA Virtual Console release of Super Mario Kart?

This was my first thought when I saw news of the direct appear online.

Albo

Ow man this was FANTASTIC ! :D

Can't wait to start some tournaments! all those options look great.

also LOL @ DK face EVERY FUCKING TIME :p

Like poetry in slo-motion, his pompadour sways with the wind whle his fucking dong remains always expanded

mk8.gif

Someone needs to make some HQ wifs in this thread already.

RiggyRob

I was more surprised at how they pronounced Baby Rosalina's name than the fact she's in Mario Kart.

'Rozz-alina' just sounds wrong compared to 'Rose-alina'.

Prologue

The scale of the racks are phenomenal. The city/stadium track with the huge crowds is already my favorite. Maybe its the art direction or something but this is one of the best looking games on consoles imo.

I can't wait to pick up a wii u this november.

Mesoian

This race announcer would get a stern talking to once this race was over.

"It's not over until the fat koopa sings! Lookin' at you Wendy!"

Baby Rosalina is so schway. I really think we are one step closer to getting a full fledged game for Rosalina. Nintendo's next breakout character!

Revven

THESE FUCKING SONGS. OMG. SOTY? SOUNDTRACK OF THE YEAR, I THINK.

AUGHHH, and Tropical Freeze's music was so good too omggggg

kiguel182

The only thing disapoint were the new characters. The rest was pure bliss.

The video features are great, the new items to and the anti-gravity stuff seems bonkers.

Now I just need a Wii U. Why am I not rich?

L-gon

As others have intimated, this game is finally gonna force my hand to pick up a Wii U. Hopefully that free game promotion makes it to the US - that would truly seal the deal.

MicH

Best looking Wii U game
Amazing orchestrated music

Horrible roster. No Diddy, but "Pink Gold Peach"? God damn it

Hindl

As others have intimated, this game is finally gonna force my hand to pick up a Wii U. Hopefully that free game promotion makes it to the US - that would truly seal the deal.

More limited version but yeah it's coming. You can get:

NSMBU
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
Wii Party U

Mario Kart trailers are the biggest waste of time. Showing me the front view / track replay stuff instead of just showing me what its going to look like when I'm playing. Sheesh.

Battle Mode is dead to me. They nail the mechanics, and then do this with the courses? lol...

DLC, maybe...?

Roo

Still can't believe they actually went with another fucking metal copy paste and another fucking baby...
It better has character DLC!

Okay, my interest in MK8 went from "Pretty much none" to "THROUGH THE ROOF".
Holy shit, this looks amazing and everything sounds awesome.

This game, I need it.

At least the new Wolfenstein will come out before Mario Kart, so that won't go to waste.

I'm not sure how I feel about battle mode taking place on regular stages. Seems like a cheap way out of actually making more stages. I was hoping to see a remake of block fort or skyscraper in battle mode.

Sad they haven't topped N64 block fortress (although the arena with the warp pipes was fun in DD). Now, they aren't even trying.

Lunar15

The music in this game is great. I like how diverse it is, and they didn't just go all jazz or all bombast orchestra.

Cloudtop Cruise having some notes of Gusty Garden is perfect!

Also, Space Station Rainbow Road is so straight out of F-Zero that it makes me internally furious!

Colby

A note on the games: this MK8 deal is designed for new customers, not us. The casual fan and the on-the-fence fan will look at MK8 and NSMBU, along with the new console and extra controller, and start salivating. I think I would have tried to get under $300, though. There's a big mental barrier when the first digit is 3 instead of 2. I'd really like W101, though...

Also, all of the roster complaints are legit, but this is Nintendo's big game of 2014. I'd bet any amount of money that there will be tons of DLC. Tons. I imagine most of you will get the characters you want. I mean, Mario Golf got a Season Pass!

Final note: I hope this "saves" the Wii U. Nintendo clearly went all out for MK8, and it would be a shame if it flopped.

L-gon

Have been watching the Direct in chunks and just got to the music portion.

Dear god at the Moo Moo Meadows theme - the violin and acoustic guitar....so good. Made me feel super nostalgic.

Top Bottom