• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

zruben

Banned
man! it's like a present because I totally forgot about Mario Kart DLC!!

if my WiiU is set to auto-update, this should download automatically or not?

Akhe

Blue shell and triple reds, yay me lol

i_hug_that_feel.png

Frodo

OMG! Mute city is AMAZING! :D

Can't deal with it while thinking how would a true F-Zero game look like! It is crazy how good this game looks, and what Nintendo can do with that tiny box of theirs. Totally worth the price of the admission ticket alone.
But my greatest fear has been confirmed: E-pona doesn't resonate well with me, as well as every other bike in the game. But Link looks so happy to be part of Mario Kart that I can totally cope with that. Rainbow Road looking fantastic as well. Love all the Rainbow Roads, but the SNES is, and will always be, King. New courses are great fun as well. Dragon Course, and the one with the Green and Yellow tracks are fantastic.

Now, please, Nintendo! Release new Battle Arenas! The game is still lacking a good arena for Battle mode.

I just ordered a 20 dollar card for this and the Pikmin shorts, I totally forgot this was coming out today holy crap.

I'll be joining the GAF room tonight.

Lunar15

I choose to believe that this DLC is the Trojan Horse that will bring a new F-Zero game into the world's households.

They're just making way for The Captain's return. It's time.

Berordn

I choose to believe that this DLC is the Trojan Horse that will bring a new F-Zero game into the world's households.

They're just making way for The Captain's return. It's time.

It's crazy that a DLC update that so heavily features the character doesn't include him as playable.

What gives Ninty :(

Raitaro

DLC done right. Holy moly.

Still disappointed with their choice for characters though.
So now we have...

Mario
Baby Mario
Metal Mario
Tanooki Mario

Peach
Baby Peach
Pink Gold Peach
Cat Peach

Do we really need 4 characters for Mario and Peach each?
Where the hell is Diddy Kong? Bowser Jr.? Koopa and Paratroopa? Etc.

Yeah, I have to agree with this. Such an odd roster choice and a bit of a downer compared to the rest of the excellent DLC package. As I've mentioned before, they could have made the Tanooki and Cat suits optional outfits for Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad etc instead of dedicating valuable character slots to them.

What also bums me out a bit is that they chose Isabelle and (to a lesser degree) Villager as non-Mario representatives instead of going with more canonical characters such as Pit and Samus. Isabelle especially feels like she hasn't earned that spot in the roster compared to someone like Link.

I'm holding out hope for more DLC packs though, so perhaps we'll see Samus (and a Metroid track) yet. They might even change the suits to color options then to open up more spaces...which is probably wishful thinking, but a guy can dream...

Edit:
It's crazy that a DLC update that so heavily features the character doesn't include him as playable.

What gives Ninty :(

I agree with this point about not getting Captain Falcon as well.

majik13

so Links bike is inside drift? Im not famaliar with this term, but I dont really like the bikes in 8 compared to Wii as they all cut in super sharp on a drift to where I cant corner w/o going iff the track on the inside. Is that what this term means? I thought all bikes were like this to varying degrees.

Gaf please explain, I wanna enjoy bikes again.

Kade

so Links bike is inside drift? Im not famaliar with this term, but I dont really like the bikes in 8 compared to Wii as they all cut in super sharp on a drift to where I cant corner w/o going iff the track on the inside. Is that what this term means? I thought all bikes were like this to varying degrees.

Gaf please explain, I wanna enjoy bikes again.

The Duke is the best bike and has the best turning. Some people will tell you that it's slow and has a very loose turn and they're right but that doesn't change the fact that it's the best bike. I really dislike the turning of the other bikes.

Berordn

What also bums me out a bit is that they chose Isabella and (to a lesser degree) Villager as non-Mario representatives instead of going with more canonical characters such as Pit and Samus. Isabella especially feels like she hasn't earned that spot in the roster compared to someone like Link.

Isabelle is actually way more popular than Pit and Samus in terms of merchandise alone. She's a staple character for Nintendo now, especially in Japan. Animal Crossing is big.

ffdgh

jorge is good, but there are some even better guys in GAF these days.

It's sorta scary, actually... Thankfully ffdgh doesn't go into "serious mode" that often unless he's really salty.

No really...I suck.

Trying to get blue falcon's handling down is tough...

Top Bottom