• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Once Isabelle is released, all the other characters are getting the shaft.

Azure J

That race was really really intense. Everyone was so closely packed and BLAZIN' along the track. I couldn't even get around one person who I was trailing the whole time. (Thanks for that Star - Bullet Bill - Star combo BlameSpace)

Amazing DLC. Just playing single player for now to get the hang of the new circuits. Of course, the CPU cheats as always. Fuck it.

My track opinions.

1. Mute City: everything is masterful in it. From the intro race theme, to the amazing track design fun and fast as hell, to the incredible mute city theme rendition, and the incredible graphics (Animated captain Falcon billboard saying show me your moves lol). And then, if all of this wasnt already amazing, you have the snes f-zero results theme. Cherry on the cake, perfect.

2. Excitebike: This track is frantic, random and fun, and you can be a master on it if you know how to chain the jump tricks well. And my eyes cry everytime I hear the rendition of one of my favourite NES themes longer and remixed. Thanks you MK team.

3. Hyrule field: beautiful, playing it is fun, the song is awesome. All that fanservice. I love that the object wheel has the chest theme fastforward lol

4. Yoshi Circuit: Those crazy turns are super fun when you know how to make them. Just a tip for people having problems with it. There are multiple chicanes at the end where you dont need to turn, take advantage of them.

5. Dragon Driftway: I like the Lakitu decors, the track is relatively fun, not the best, but not bad either.

6. Wario's mine: Its not really that bad, but a little on the boring side.

7. Rainbow Road SNES: meh (like the majority of SNES circuits) but fun to play. I like the new village below it.

8. The polar thingy: Right now, against the CPU, I fucking hate this track. The majority of twists are like the last one in the Rainbow Road WiiU track when you ride a motorbike. Doesnt help that the CPU takes advantage of it and converts it in a blue and red shell zone, with all the players trying to help the racer in second place behind you. 3 times Ive played it, 3 times it happened. Maybe is better on real multi, because Ive seen some neat shortcuts I still need to lear porperly.

About the characters, I really like the 3 of them becuase they have more unique animations than the retail ones. The dialog of Cat Peach is just PrrrrFect.

Some people have been going around claiming that the VR system has been changed to the way it initially was.

If that was the case then it was temporary. I paid close attention during these WWs I did just now and the gains and losses were pretty much exactly the same as before the patch. :/

Josh5890

I'm downloading now. However I promised I would wait until my girlfriend came over later today before I played it. Sigh, soon my friend. Soon.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Also Link's weight class I believe is the same as Rosalina and whoever else is in that group. A Wario/Morton/Bowser he is not.

Danneee

I thought this was released and the game did download stuff when it started but when I choose Link or the other pack 1 characters the game tells me I have to wait for thevDLC to be released... sigh

jorgejjvr

Here's were frantic becomes too much. I've been in first in every race for most of the time for the past 5 races or so. But always in the last lap everything happens so that I get screwed over. The game gets creative with ways to bring me down. All them blues come for me

Top Bottom