• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

And subscribed, can't wait to play hours of multiplayer while bitching about how a blue shell screwed me over on the last lap lol

Pikmin 3, WW download codes will be dirt cheap with this and the WW bundle download codes

Edit: and added to the list

Hmm not a bad idea.

Jigolo

Added myself, I'm ready for Tournaments.

Seeing people edited the spreadsheet as I was, was crazy to watch. We are living in the future

Kouriozan

Spreadsheet already at 128 entries while the max friends limit is 100 >.<
Hope there is communities like MK7, and not only community tournaments.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Is there a catch? Do I have to pay money for membership, or what? The reason I'm asking this is because I really don't want to be bothered with e-mail spam, sail-mail junk, telemarketing calls or anything of the like.

You provide them with free market research data, that's why you get free stuff for it. I know Nintendo of Canada sends some newsletter sometimes, but apart from that there's no spam.

Spreadsheet already at 128 entries while the max friends limit is 100 >.<
Hope there is communities like MK7, and not only community tournaments.
Unfortunately, it seems like there are no communities, just tournaments. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that, because I would love to be wrong.

Kandinsky

I added myself to the doc, even If I just these last couple of days realized I'm a noob D:, I can't wait to race with you guys!

D:

Price wise...NSMBU... you may find Pikmin 3 pretty cheap in some stores...and it will be cheaper very soon without a doubt. Quality wise... Pikmin 3. Wah Wah U is bad.

It is the best 2D Mario game Nintendo has ever made (Yoshi´s Island doesn´t count) .

The secrets are so ingeniously hidden and the difficulty curve is perfect.

The only thing you could fault it for is the relatively unambitious presentation, but it looks good enough.

Azure J

I am SO fucking ready for this shit.

NNID: AzureJay89

Feel free to add me now, just make sure you mention you're from GAF. :D

I'm actually still a little confused on that. Does the person who created the tournament have to be involved with the tournament, or can we just set up a few for NeoGAF that are always available and have people jump in and out?

I think they just create it, set start and end date/time, set it to repeat, and leave it.

mrhej

Has Nintendo ever said the budgets of their games. I really wanna know how much they spent developing and marketing Mario Kart 8.

Davey Cakes

Alright then I'll register.
Yeah, go for it!

I haven't experienced any issues with spam. And after you've gathered coins, the physical rewards have free shipping. The digital game rewards net you more coins as well to get even more rewards down the road.

It's also a nifty way to keep track of what Nintendo games (or coin-eligible 3rd party games) you've bought. A record of your Nintendo catalog.

And if Nintendo has further promotions down the line, you'll be all set to take part.

As a loyalty program it has its ups and downs but I've been a member since 2008 and I've enjoyed what I've gotten out of it.

Azuran

Banned
I'm actually still a little confused on that. Does the person who created the tournament have to be involved with the tournament, or can we just set up a few for NeoGAF that are always available and have people jump in and out?

No one has been able to fully confirm this for some reason, but you can make tournaments that run indefinitely with new people being able to join every fourth race. However, we don't know if the tournament dissapears if no one is playing in it.

Discomurf

The people who've been playing the game for almost a month now say it's 720p. There are no 1080p screenshots released by Nintendo (unlike Smash).

Ah... crazy that every review is saying its 1080p - but I would definitely believe fellow GAFers on this one. Thanks!

No one has been able to fully confirm this for some reason, but you can make tournaments that run indefinitely with new people being able to join every fourth race. However, we don't know if the tournament dissapears if no one is playing in it.
Hmmm...well, hopefully we get some confirmation one way or the other soon.

Dereck

Who's going to be playing this online on release day?

To the people who want to chat, have you guys thought about setting up a voice chat room on steam?

Top Bottom