• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Well this is confusing. The original estimated delivery date was going to be the 3rd of June, then Nintendo sent an email last night saying it is a next day delivery and Yodel would deliver on the 30th. Now I've had an email from yodel with the same tracking number with an estimated delivery of the 2nd June.

The fuck is going on? Anyone in the UK ordered from Nintendo had theirs yet?

there has to be an easier way to kill the gamepad so I can play with the Pro :(

I did it once but I shared a video and the gamepad took over again

need to get some sleep I am not ready for 150cc at all cannot win

onslack

Yodel have had a "processing error" with my order so its been delayed by 24hrs! :(

Yodel are useless at the best of times, hope it arrives tomorrow

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I just avoided one crossing a cow :p

LOL. At least there's a way.

I have to say I'm really enjoying this game. I can feel myself grinning from ear to ear as I play it. Game of the year for me.

sammex

Well this is confusing. The original estimated delivery date was going to be the 3rd of June, then Nintendo sent an email last night saying it is a next day delivery and Yodel would deliver on the 30th. Now I've had an email from yodel with the same tracking number with an estimated delivery of the 2nd June.

The fuck is going on? Anyone in the UK ordered from Nintendo had theirs yet?

I just got a text from Yodel saying there's an error with my delivery and it'll be delayed 24 hours. As they don't do Saturday delivery then Monday it is.

I hate Yodel. They're the worst delivery company ever. I've never had them delivery anything on time.

Macleoid

Argh my wife has installed it and is playing and texting me periodically to tell me how awesome it is. I'm stuck at work till at least early afternoon.

dock

dkDqIML.gif

Mario Kart 8 FINALLY added a timer on temporary items such as Piranha Plant, Fire Flower & Golden Mushroom. Yes!

hamchan

Huh, at first I thought everyone was just wrong about the item balance being better in this game but I just managed to 3 star the first two classic 150cc cups with no problem at all, staying first most of the time.

So I just either they toned down the 150cc AI aggressiveness in this one or people were right about the items. It's weird because in 100cc I was still dropping from 1st to 5th because of bad luck with items.

Speaking of, 50cc and 100cc are way too slow. 150cc is just right.

wilflare

Getting W101 and Monster Hunter. I have Wonderful 101 on disc, but getting it digital then selling both the disc version and the extra copy of MK8 will actually result in a profit!

maybe I should do that. lol I'm picking up my preorder soon too! hahaha
AND YAY Club Nintendo just popped up asking me to choose my game

BTW are we able to use the Gamepad to play?

imae

The handling is not what I was expecting.. but in a good way. Feels tight!.

The IQ is also much cleaner than I expected... barely notice any aliasing while racing or in replays. Edges generally look very clean... nothing at all like the aliasing seen in screenshots. I'm playing on a 42" plasma.

When watching videos before getting the game I did notice the minor stutter issue in some... but so far I can't see it in-game while playing.

sammex

Yodel have had a "processing error" with my order so its been delayed by 24hrs! :(

That's the same as me. They don't do Saturdays apparently so it's looking like Monday. Sigh.

Edit: Actually some people saying they've had Sat deliveries.

I just got a text from Yodel saying there's an error with my delivery and it'll be delayed 24 hours. As they don't do Saturday delivery then Monday it is.

I hate Yodel. They're the worst delivery company ever. I've never had them delivery anything on time.

I've literally just got the same text message as I've quoted you. What a load of shit.

I'm not going to order from Nintendo again.

JP

The PIN that some people are asking for is in the receipt that you get when buying the game, you can look at receipts in the Wii U eStore.

Want to remind people of this again to make sure people aren't losing their free game because unless Nintendo change their mind because if you do it early YOU GET NOTHING!
Just to remind people that if you redeem the code that you get for buying MK8 BEFORE the correct time in your region you won't get the extra game. Seeing more than one report of people doing it early and Nintendo telling them that they won't get it. :(

Check the details in your own region BEFORE you use the code just to be safe.
Ninty said:
With our special Mario Kart 8 Bonus Game Promotion, if you register the PIN code for Mario Kart 8 in Club Nintendo BETWEEN 10:00 (UK TIME) ON MAY 30th AND 23:59 (UK TIME) ON JULY 31st, you could claim a free download code for one of a selection of great Wii U games!

Hasney

The PIN that some people are asking for is in the receipt that you get when buying the game, you can look at receipts in the Wii U eStore.

Want to remind people of this again to make sure people aren't losing their free game because unless Nintendo change their mind because if you do it early YOU GET NOTHING!

Everyone who's done it early has gotten their game so far.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Speaking of, 50cc and 100cc are way too slow. 150cc is just right.

I'm enjoying 50cc. A nice chilled driving experience.

The IQ is also much cleaner than I expected... barely notice any aliasing while racing or in replays. Edges generally look very clean... nothing at all like the aliasing seen in screenshots. I'm playing on a 42" plasma.

Yes. I've got a 40 inch Sony and it's awesome. If folks are complaining about excessive aliasing then they've probably got the sharpness on their tv turned up too high.

When watching videos before getting the game I did notice the minor stutter issue in some... but so far I can't see it in-game while playing.

I notice it when I play mostly on corners but it's not a biggie.

onslack

That's the same as me. They don't do Saturdays apparently so it's looking like Monday. Sigh.

Edit: Actually some people saying they've had Sat deliveries.

I've literally just got the same text message as I've quoted you. What a load of shit.

I'm not going to order from Nintendo again.

I had the same emails about being delivered on the 3rd of June then another saying it's on a next day!

At least I'm not the only one that's had that text, sucks though!

Why use Yodel though?!?! Seriously!

JP

Everyone who's done it early has gotten their game so far.
They may have on here but I assure you that not EVERYBODY has. It may vary from region to region but I know of people in the UK who have spoken to Nintendo and they've been told they aren't getting the free game. It doesn't mean that they won't get it but that's what Nintendo are telling customers so there's no benefit in registering early and risking it.

It makes no difference to me as mine is OK.

batbeg

Hasney

I can't find my code? I entered the pin and took the survey, and it said thanks for participating in this promotion?

I'm new to this, so where is the code?

Says to wait up to 48 hours. Looks like people who registered in the UK yesterday got theirs today, so we shouldn't have to wait that long at least.

Sillverrr

Well, my copy from Shopto didn't turn up. Gonna buy locally and return their copy next week - didn't want the stinking t-shirt anyway! Excited to start playing later today!

Mik3F

I can't find my code? I entered the pin and took the survey, and it said thanks for participating in this promotion?

I'm new to this, so where is the code?

Log out and wait a while. When you log back in a Banner should appear saying to claim your free game. May take upto 48 hours according to the info

MisterM

Perfect, thanks mate, after spending 20 minutes with them, and initially them saying they had no record of the order, i have the tracking number and it is on the delivery truck!

Excitement intensifying!

Good news! Even though my gf is at home and will alert me once it arrives, I can't help but spam F5 on the Parcel Force page every few minutes.

@Robin64 According to HotUKDeals, some have received theirs via Royal Mail, some Parcel Force. You could check with Live Chat to see if you can get a tracking number out of Tesco.

Nico_D

I might be stupid but how do change controllers? I've a Wii Wheel but can't seem to be able for it to do anything.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I might be stupid but how do change controllers? I've a Wii Wheel but can't seem to be able for it to do anything.

The 1P controller is the one you use at the title screen, so if you want to change it, press B until you're back at the title screen and then use the controller you want to use.

cyberheater

The UK club Nintendo site looks like it's getting hammered.

I tried entering my pin# and got halfway through the survey and the site crashed on me. I fear I won't get my free game :(

Hasney

The UK club Nintendo site looks like it's getting hammered.

I tried entering my pin# and got halfway through the survey and the site crashed on me. I fear I won't get my free game :(

Did you at least get the Zelda 2 I AM ERROR guy?

Should be fine, same thing happened on the last promotion and I just had to start the survey again.

Top Bottom