• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Raptomex

Get better? Really, I think all you have to do for three stars is get 60 points. Everything below 50 points should get you no star.
I hope that's true. I think in previous games it took more than that. There were several times I got in first in every race in 150CC and still didn't get 3 stars... I think.

Nico_D

The 1P controller is the one you use at the title screen, so if you want to change it, press B until you're back at the title screen and then use the controller you want to use.

Thanks! Although I think there SHOULD be an option to change the controller at anytime, anywhere.

Debs

My Wii U Mario Kart console bundle is only 5 deliveries away! Tracking says it will be here in 15 mins :D Can't wait to finally play it :)

Jucksalbe

Banned
Thanks! Although I think there SHOULD be an option to change the controller at anytime, anywhere.

There's a stupid trick to change controllers anytime, but I'm not sure if it works with anything else than a Wii remote. If you open the home menu and start another application (like Miiverse), it'll ask you to reconnect your controller. You can change controllers at that point.
But as I said, I think that only works if you want to change from the Wii remote.

Robin64

I hope that's true. I think in previous games it took more than that. There were several times I got in first in every race in 150CC and still didn't get 3 stars... I think.

It's true. The only requirement for 3 stars this time is 1st in each of the four races.

EulaCapra

Coins as items is the worst thing ever. Went through 3 item boxes in the final lap in 1st place only to get nothing but coins. Came in 3rd thanks to a goddamn red shell.

I have mixed feelings about the 1 item-only change. I think I understand they want to avoid item chaos like in MKWii, but now it's nothing but green shells as primary weapons going everywhere and those stupid ass coins. Blue shells are not that threatening anymore since I think they're impact is actually seconds shorter than red/green shells. Item you'll worry most about seem to be coin items and green shells that are too late to hear the cue.

And I may be too used to motion controls/MK7 circle pad, because I am definitely second-guessing drifts thinking I'll fall outside the edge. I'm having more confidence with the Gamepad's D-Pad over the control stick.

hamchan

Just make sure to get 10 coins each race too, which you should be doing anyway since it increases your speed.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Did you at least get the Zelda 2 I AM ERROR guy?

Should be fine, same thing happened on the last promotion and I just had to start the survey again.

Just check my account. It's registered.

Now how do I go about claiming my free game.

Zomba13

Hoping my copy arrives today. It should do but you never know with Flubit. Got it for £36.66 from them. Would have used Gameseek (I think it was) if I knew as they had it for £36.something and I know they deliver on time.

mo60

I really do suck at this game. I came in 7th and 5th on my first two mario kart 8 online matches.I did not lose any vr at all. I gained a bit of vr.

ASTROID2

The games just stunning. The graphics are superb. I'm loving the highlights replays. Spending a lot of time in them.
zlCfzR_CcoEAZqP8zu

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Logout and log back in and a banner should appear at the top. Seems to be appearing instantly for some and not for others though.

Thanks. That worked.

I tried my first online race just now. I never go online on anything but I thought I'd give it a go.
Very smooth and easy to get into a race and a lot of fun. It's all very impressive and polished.

I really do suck at this game. I came in 7th and 5th on my first two mario kart 8 online matches.I did not lose any vr at all. I gained a bit of vr.

I came forth but mostly by luck then anything else. Still a blast.

Reknoc

That's the same as me. They don't do Saturdays apparently so it's looking like Monday. Sigh.

Edit: Actually some people saying they've had Sat deliveries.

They definitely do sat deliveries, but its still about the same amount of success as a weekday delivery ie you probably wont get it.

not had any text myself at least, but I still highly doubt mine will be arriving today.

Getting a surprise amount of Mario Kart stuff on my Facebook feed. This game seems to be getting people interested in Wii U's unlike any other.

stoff

I downloaded MK8 at midnight and played a few online races and the first two 100cc cups.
Idk, but the CPU opponents appear to be extremely slow in this game. I guess I'll have to jump directly into 150cc and then play online pretty much exclusively.

Tom_Cody

Got up early to try to get at least one circuit in. Still downloading. It will have taken roughly an hour once it's done based on the estimate for the time remaining.

Oh great. The console powered down automatically as it was not in use for >1 hour. I swear it said it would not do this during downloads. Though it probably was still downloading but would not install.

Mumups

Oh great. The console powered down automatically as it was not in use for >1 hour. I swear it said it would not do this during downloads. Though it probably was still downloading but would not install.

This was so annoying for me at launch. Really should not have been the default option - turned that crap off straight away

Recieved my copy fine yesterday and ended up playing it for about 6 hours after work... so good. The controls were weird at first, but I got used to them and I love it now!

Lol
I must have made some person pretty mad.
I had 3 green shells in battle mode and this guy just narrowly misses me with his.
I hit him with all three of my green shells before he can do a thing and I burst out laughing as he vanishes.
There is something kind of satisfying about seeing your opponent disappear after taking his/her balloons in one go.

Battle mode, it ain't too bad.
:p

Nudull

Banned
Lol
I must have made some person pretty mad.
I had 3 green shells in battle mode and this guy just narrowly misses me with his.
I hit him with all three of my green shells before he can do a thing and I burst out laughing as he vanishes.
There is something kind of satisfying about seeing your opponent disappear after taking his/her balloons in one go.

Battle mode, it ain't too bad.
:p

The battle mode tracks aren't too awkward, or do they take some getting used to?

Pila

can we set a longer interval before the standby mode comes on?
You should enable automatic downloading of games/patches. When you buy stuff on the eShop, just turn the WiiU off when you're done. It will download it staying in stand-by, the led should be orange.

Top Bottom