• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Raptomex

That slo mo button

CZMoK0z.jpg

Jucksalbe

Banned
I love that MK TV shows replays from all users on the console under "Recent". My girlfriend played this morning and now I can catch up on her races.

That's awesome! I was actually thinking about your dilemma when I was getting my code. What game did you end up getting?

Nintendoland. I actually thought it looked really cool when it was first shown (especially for when friends are over) but I don't think I'd dish out the money to buy it seperately.

Deap92x

Banned
Somoone should do a NEOGAF TOURNAMENT and out it in the game! there are already other communities there like revogamers,ign,etc.

I jumped straight into 150 cc and I am having trouble consistently getting first. Maybe I was a bit too arrogant lol. I'll settle with 100 cc to acquaint myself with the tracks.

Raptomex

lol the AI becomes 500 times douchier in 150cc from 100cc.
As bad as Mario Kart Wii? Because that game was so unbalanced. It was so noticeable, too. Ridiculous.

You're in first place. Blue shell, red shell, green shell, lightning, then someone knocks you off the track... last place.

Ken

This game is super pretty.

Does turning feel kinda slow with the Wiimote accelerometer + racing wheel or is it just me. Well, I guess not slow but it takes quite a bit of wheel turning to actually make a turn.

MK8 download started. Time remaining was estimating for about 5 minutes but is now over the 2 hour mark *looks again* 1:53...this is as accurate as the old Windows estimates :(

d00d3n

What are the load times like on the digital version?

They're long enough to be annoying on the disc version.

I am not able to compare with the disc version (don't have it), but the digital load times did not annoy me at all yesterday. Running from a fast usb stick. Online matchmaking could be a bit slow, but not loading levels.

Ninja Dom

What are the load times like on the digital version?

They're long enough to be annoying on the disc version.

I'm playing digital. Load times are not too bad - it's just that I noticed a lot of loading anyway for a Nintendo game. Even going to the results screen after finishing a set of courses requires loading.

How is the disc loading?

Hasney

bought it digital. free game isn't showing up

You need to log onto Club Nintendo and input the Club Nintendo code that was shown on the eShop when purchasing, or wait until MK8 shows up in account history automatically (if your NNID is linked to Club Nintendo) and take the survey. After that, it will show up sometime after 10am local time by the looks of things.

oatmeal

Banned
Jesus...online is a chaotic mess.

It's fun...but..Christ, it's just insane. Red shell, red shell, blue shell, red shell...crazy.

Raptomex

Some of these highlight reels are hilarious. You're in first most of the race and the entire reel is just shots of you getting hit.

You need to log onto Club Nintendo and input the Club Nintendo code that was shown on the eShop when purchasing, or wait until MK8 shows up in account history automatically (if your NNID is linked to Club Nintendo) and take the survey. After that, it will show up sometime after 10am local time by the looks of things.

I didn't take a survey or anything. All I did was log in after a few hours and it let me pick my game, fill out shipping info (for whatever reason), and then gave me a code for Pikmin 3, which is currently downloading. I thought it was gonna be more complicated.

wilflare

eh crap I didn't take note of the Club Nintendo code during eShop purchase..
guess I just have to wait for the purchase to appear in my account history (it's linked!)

Hasney

eh crap I didn't take note of the Club Nintendo code during eShop purchase..
guess I just have to wait for the purchase to appear in my account history (it's linked!)

Ace! My purchase from midnight is already showing up in my Club Nintendo account history, so I'm going to take the survey after 10am to get my code all in one swoop.

Then I need to register a new Club Nintendo account for my physical copy coming from Amazon... >_>

Probably blasphemy around here, but so far I'm definitely not liking it as much as All Stars Racing Transformed. It does look pretty nice though at least....and free Monster Hunter so whatever.

Top Bottom