• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

I didn't stop playing till I played every single track, the credits are rolling now.... this game is really something else.

It's 6am, I should sleep, haha.

Baleoce

Hmm, if I even so much as press a button on the gamepad, it becomes the main controller and locks me out of using my pro controller.. anyone know how to fix this?

Ninja Dom

Oh shit.

For the Free Game Promotion you get the download code instantly on the website after selecting your game and filling in a short survey. I assumed there was a few days delay while they emailed you the code.

I chose Pikmin 3.

Griss

I didn't stop playing till I played every single track, the credits are rolling now.... this game is really something else.

It's 6am, I should sleep, haha.

This was my experience. Play every track, ever cup, try online, try time trial, try MKTV (which is amazing, by the way). Got to enjoy every single drop of MK goodness while it's still fresh.

I also broke my 5 month diet and got a couple of beers and Doritos and chocolate, lol. Damn enjoyable couple of hours.

Baleoce

Oh shit.

For the Free Game Promotion you get the download code instantly on the website after selecting your game and filling in a short survey. I assumed there was a few days delay while they emailed you the code.

I chose Pikmin 3.

Nice. Is it safe for me to enter the code now then? I'm getting monster hunter

tkscz

Hey GAF, need some help. I want to record my first play through, however, this means I would have to play on the 26" TV as my 42" doesn't have component ports. At the same time, I want play on the big screen on my first go. Which sounds like the better idea?

Edit: Never mind. Thought about it the wrong way. I CAN do both!

Oh shit.

I chose Pikmin 3.

I didn't have to do a survey.

While downloading, I just logged into Club Nintendo, and was immediately given the choice of my free game. I selected Pikmin 3 and it showed me the code.

Estimate 5 hours until I actually am at home in my couch playing this game.

Broke down and added Watchdogs to my order while buying Mario Kart.

My plan is to first let MK8 download any patches it may need and then let watch dogs do it's uplay patch&download&patch thing that I am sure it wants to do while I am playing SP MK8. And then when I am ready to take a break from MK8 switch to that for a while. And vice versa.

It's gonna be a good weekend.

Debs

Finally got my Wii U setup :D Going to try some Mario Kart now. I currently have no Wii U friends, if anyone wants to add me my NNID is: ArinKaylin

Ninja Dom

I didn't have to do a survey.

While downloading, I just logged into Club Nintendo, and was immediately given the choice of my free game. I selected Pikmin 3 and it showed me the code.

Maybe its because I had a Download Code for Mario Kart 8 instead of buying directly from the eShop.

You know what the sax in MK8's music reminds me of? The Saturday Night Live intro!

I got the game at midnight at Walmart and I've been playing all night. I even streamed me playing for the first time on Twitch. Not that anyone watched, but whatever. I put the archive up. http://www.twitch.tv/onilink666/c/4358724

I really like this MK. I've been playing MK Wii this week and this is so much better. It might be better than MK7 too. I think the drifting is spot on and the 1 item system really makes you think before say, using that green shell and trying your luck with another box when you are in 1st place. You might get coins!

The track designs are all good. I don't think there's one I don't like. MK Wii had some tracks with weird stuff going on. I'm so glad the Coconut Mall is gone btw. And I'm sad there is no Mushroom Gorge.

The graphics are great too. I think the thing that really makes it look cool is the lighting. Moomoo Meadows and Donut Plains 3 look particularly nice.

I'm way too hyped to wait for Amazon third party sellers to put the bundle up for sale. I think I'll just pick up the bundle from Best Buy today and then return it once I get my Amazon bundle whenever that goes up.

Reason I'd rather use Amz is since I have a gift card I wanted to load off but this game has me fiending to play today.

RiggyRob

It was a nice sight seeing a doddering old granny carrying a Mario Kart 8 box out of GAME just now. I sure hope whoever it's for has a Wii U to play it...

Hasney

Maybe its because I had a Download Code for Mario Kart 8 instead of buying directly from the eShop.

Damn, I've done the survey and I still haven't got my banner. Did you download the game at midnight and did you use the code that was displayed on eShop? Beginning to think I'm buggered for now.

Baleoce

Club Nintendo UK getting hammered with people trying to get a free game it seems xD Can't even fill out the survey atm

Woffls

It was a nice sight seeing a doddering old granny carrying a Mario Kart 8 box out of GAME just now. I sure hope whoever it's for has a Wii U to play it...
I wonder how many Wii U consoles will be sold this weekend to people who are confused about why Mario Kart 8 doesn't work on their Wii.

vareon

I know some people who goes "lol what's the point", but attention to detail like this is why I love Nintendo's games. It looks like they just love making stuff.

Edit: wait lol I thought this was the Mktv thread.

Am.. I alone here? Have only played 50CC so far but... these stages are just so... forgettable. Yeah, sure, they look fantastic but.. they're not fun. Even the classic stages lose some of their original splendor in exchange for visual flair I feel. Just first impressions of course. Jumping onto 150CC now.

prag16

Banned
People who ordered from Best Buy: Did anyone get the email with a code for the gas card yet? Assuming it'll be sometime today I guess. Unless they don't do it until after you physically pick up the order for store-pickup orders.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Am.. I alone here? Have only played 50CC so far but... these stages are just so... forgettable. Yeah, sure, they look fantastic but.. they're not fun. Even the classic stages lose some of their original splendor in exchange for visual flair I feel. Just first impressions of course. Jumping onto 150CC now.

I'm slowly working my way through the 50cc. I'm pretty vocal about ragging on Nintendo when they get things wrong but this game is pure bliss to me. I'm loving every second of it.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Dammit. Batteries run out on my WiiU gamepad. It was fully charged too.

Club Nintendo UK getting hammered with people trying to get a free game it seems xD Can't even fill out the survey atm
Outside of the site grinding to a halt (it is now finally showing the Wii U as I only just did the link...in the timeine it appears before MK8 but MK8 was there first) I'd personally wait until June because of how the expiration works. Stars earned now will expire at the end of May 2016 but if you wait a couple of days for June these will expire at the end of June 2016 instead.

In any case it should still count for the post play survey (I think these are first week).

cyberheater

Is the game better than sonic all stars racing transformed?

I'm enjoying it more and I've got the PC version of sonic all stars racing transformed which runs at 1080p @ 60fps.

First post on the Gaf! Just to voice my rage that Amazon haven't delivered my copy! Ahhh the rage!!!

Get on the phone to them and ask why. Can't you cancel and pop down the shops for it?

cyberheater

I really hope the proper 3D version of Mario looks as good as this.

Top Bottom