• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Been playing this all evening and it fucking rules so hard. Beautiful, amazingly well-crafted game. Can't wait to race you guys! What's the code for the OT tourny? I'm on my phone and couldn't find much with my limited scouring.
Also feel free to add me if you ever wanna race or share time trial ghosts. My NNID is that the same as my username: Lulzwagon.

EDIT: Never mind, I'm dumb. Found it! See you guys on the tracks!

Uploaded some of the races of some hours ago:

NeoGAF Weekly Tourney - Donut Plains 3 (30/05/2014)
1. SP_Ridley
2. jc
3. Jake
4. Baleoce
5. L.J.
6. Kaoz
7. Smith
8. Kyudo
9. Feltrol
10. wasd

NeoGAF Weekly Tourney - Royal Raceway (30/05/2014) Race #1
1. Kaoz
2. Edu
3. SP_Ridley
4. Baleoce
5. L.J.
6. jc
7. Jeke
8. Ace
9. wasd
10. Feltrol
11. Yasin

NeoGAF Weekly Tourney - Royal Raceway (30/05/2014) Race #2
1.SP_Ridley (me)
2. Baleoce
3. Romance D
4. Dange
5. Feltrol
6. Bob
7. Anthony
8. Michael
9. Jefferu
10. Hasney
11. jacques
12. Atrocious

REMEMBER
If you are uploading a Neogaf tournament video to youtube, take out the tag that gives the code of the tournament to stop lurkers.

My friends are all 20+ years old yet they are calling me and asking if I have Mario Kart 8 yet. It brings tears to my eyes knowing they still know what fun is.

prag16

Banned
Do only the coins you finish the race with count towards unlocks?

Or do coins you collect above and beyond 10 count? Coins you lose when blasted?

Seems like it's only what you finish races with because it seems to take a long time to accumulate them.

Anyway, jumped straight into 150cc when I got it and it might not have been the greatest idea, lol. I got Bronze on mushroom (1st to 5th around last turn the last two races; blue shells), then Gold on shell.

I have to say I'm disappointed in the inside/outside drifting bs again. It's not as bad as Wii, but it's still by far the single biggest factor that determines how the vehicle handles. By comparison all the other stats and variations can be thrown out the window. Seems like poor design to me. But oh well.

Having a blast so far. Love it.

NeoGAF'S TOURNAMENTS ARE OFFICIALLY OPEN!!

iNKIdoFZZFhnS.png

QUOTE TO SEE

ibkolyBnfmyMyh.png

QUOTE TO SEE

Cool, I'll try it out now.

Lucifon

Goddamn, I'm so bad at this game against gaffers. As a new time MK player I know none of the tracks but it seems like you guys know all the tricks :(

Zemm

I was behind someone who had a bomb, they threw it infront of them, it bounced back off the start/finish line banner and landed on my head, un-fucking-believeable.

XaosWolf

Well it sounds like the GAF tourney is the best place for my blood pressure.

Probably gonna play some more SP first to get a feel for the tracks though.
Still in MK7 mode at the moment, so wanna get to grips yo.

BM8

Neo Member
Only played two cups so far.

That water in cheep cheep beach can quinch your thirst by just looking at it.

Im really liking the feel and sounds of the vehicles. Especially using a dirt bike with shyguy.

Uploaded a video of my first run through in toads turnpike.

Really fun drifting between vehicles, and flying off vehicles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtYgJwY6eM4

Posted a picture of my copy of MK8 on Instagram. Apparently I'm having a Mario Kart potluck tomorrow now. Amazing how many of my friends want to come play Mario Kart all of the sudden.

ohlawd

hmm I wonder if they can patch in 2 person multiplayer where one can have the TV wholesale while the other gets the GamePad screen.

SASRT nailed this part.

Grizzo

This is slightly off-topic but I can't make up my mind regarding the free game you get when you register the game. I'm torn between Pikmin 3 (never played a game in the series before), Wind Waker HD (got the GameCube version, absolutely loved it at the time of its release) and Monster Hunter 3 (don't know anything about this series but it could be fun). I think I'm gonna get Wind Waker but man this is a tough choice.

I hope this will help selling more Wii U. People get two quality games for one, that's one hell of a deal!

Top Bottom