• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Tabasco

I don't know where I should pre-order the game from.

Anyone in the US care to help me out?

I'm leaning towards GameStop to get the poster or Walmart to get the Mario Kart 8 Wii Wheel with the $5 Vudu credit.

Cheddahz

Banned
Well I don't get off work till 4 that day. Going to be a struggle to not watch the clock.

Thankfully, I don't have to go in until 2PM (but I get off at 6, so I'll have to deal with people getting off work, sadly), so I'll be able to go pick up the game in the morning whenever Gamestop opens

Debs

I've preordered the Wii U console and Mario Kart bundle just for this game, can't wait for next week!!!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I don't know where I should pre-order the game from.

Anyone in the US care to help me out?

I'm leaning towards GameStop to get the poster or Walmart to get the Mario Kart 8 Wii Wheel with the $5 Vudu credit.
If you don't care about bonuses, Best Buy is your best bet with $10 back.

prag16

Banned
Might be one of the very few instances in which I'd buy a Prima guide.

Meh, not long after launch, people will have every nuance figured out, probably even beyond what the Prima guide outlines, and it'll all be online. It's what happened for MK Wii (though I can't remember how long that took post-launch for pretty much everything to be out there).

sgjackson

Oh they definitely will. Almost every time I've gone to a store and bought a Wii U game at checkout I get asked... "You do have a Wii U right? This won't work on Wii."

when i preordered this at gamestop the checkout person asked me if i wanted it on 3ds

i specifically said i wanted to preorder mario kart

ASIS

Today I played the game in athens at a local shop called Public. They had a Wii U demo station and I though 'maybe they will have something cool'... and there it was. Unfortunately they only had 50cc races so everything was super slow, and I sat waaay to close to the TV so I only saw a jaggy mess, but the controls and the track were amazing. I want to play more now :(

I went in to Gamestop the other day and pre ordered Watch Dogs on PS4 and Mario Kart, and the guy said "You know this isn't for PS4, right?" -_-

Anyways, put my name on the doc, can not wait to play this game next Friday!

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Ugh, just found out that I have to work four hours next Friday :(

Thats about my job as well, including Saturday morning. I'm gonna hit Game not before afternoon, at least it's next to my house!

Ps I forgot to say thanks to Alistair for the OT. Bloody good job mate

mantidor

So guys...

If I buy a physical copy outside the US, but my console is configure as an US console, I can get the free game right?

Kaldea

Is there an equivalent to MKWii's Flame Runner in this game? As weird as it was, I played the best using it. The drifting was amazing. MK7 didn't completely click with me because I couldn't find the correct parts combo to match it up. If I can get the right parts in this game, I will never stop playing. :D

ffdgh

Is there an equivalent to MKWii's Flame Runner in this game? As weird as it was, I played the best using it. The drifting was amazing. MK7 didn't completely click with me because I couldn't find the correct parts combo to match it up. If I can get the right parts in this game, I will never stop playing. :D

Can't anwser that but there are 4 bikes that can inside drift and they all share the same stats.

sgjackson

I'd probably try the Sport Bike first - it's the closest facsimile you're going to find that's available from the start. Keep in mind wheelies are gone now and their drift characteristics have been nerfed, so it won't be exactly the same.

TMC

Great OT. Looking forward to participating in some GAF Tourneys! Added myself to the list.

Are most of you guys opting for the Pro Controller? Not sure if the Gamepad may feel a bit too heavy after long sessions.

Kaldea

Can't anwser that but there are 4 bikes that can inside drift and they all share the same stats.

I'd probably try the Sport Bike first - it's the closest facsimile you're going to find that's available from the start. Keep in mind wheelies are gone now and their drift characteristics have been nerfed, so it won't be exactly the same.
Alright, thanks for the help! I'll work something out. :)

Yazoo91

Neo Member
Just went ahead and added my NNID to the spreadsheet - jkac91

I'm in the UK, will be online loads (Shy Guy :D) once I'm decent enough to not embarrass myself. Add away please, I have no Wii U friends at all yet.

I haven't seen this being talked about anywhere, but I can confirm that the percussion loop that plays when you're far ahead in 1st place from MK7 returns for MK8. It sounds so good in Cloudtop Cruise...

I haven't seen this being talked about anywhere, but I can confirm that the percussion loop that plays when you're far ahead in 1st place from MK7 returns for MK8. It sounds so good in Cloudtop Cruise...

Uh huh....you get the whistles in Donut Plains when in first place that were a part of the original SNES music.

Top Bottom