• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

daydream

Banned
This is slightly off-topic but I can't make up my mind regarding the free game you get when you register the game. I'm torn between Pikmin 3 (never played a game in the series before), Wind Waker HD (got the GameCube version, absolutely loved it at the time of its release) and Monster Hunter 3 (don't know anything about this series but it could be fun). I think I'm gonna get Wind Waker but man this is a tough choice.

I hope this will help selling more Wii U. People get two quality games for one, that's one hell of a deal!

Hm, in these cases I always recommend looking at the prices, but a) they're really close on amazon.fr (you're from France, right?), b) they're also totally backwards since MH3U should be the cheapest, but it's actually the most expensive. I'd say, long-term, Wind Waker is going to be the most expensive, so I would support your choice.

Sometimes it's like you can determine what sort of race you'll have depending on how the first item patch goes down.
Getting hit here is like checking into mid pack hell for an extended stay, alternatively managing to quickly take a lead keeps you in top 3 contention for the most part where unfortunately timed lightning and spiny shells are your main fears.

Baleoce

How do people get good so goddamn fast :p

Tbh most of hte people who played 7 have been able to pretty much pick up where they left off, bar some defensive adjustments.

One thing I've noticed playing online in this, the highground (the routes with ramps etc) are usually always favourable. If only to confuse the shells that are being directed towards you.

And man, when you're fighting in the mid pack, I find that if I use my attacking shells, I'm putting myself in a bad situation. Better to try and race past and keep the defense. Also, god help you you miss a prize in this game. It's like a death sentence xD The amount of coin prizes in first is annoying too.

alejo0121

Can someone from Mexico or Latin America confirm if they got their free game after registering MK8 on Club Nintendo and/or if they had to to something special? (just to be safe :p) Thanks!

Colombia here! I bought the digital version of MK8 last night and today I got the coins and the option to redeem a code to download the extra game (I chose Pikmin).

Got the points in DDP, I have yet to download Pikmin to see if I also get more coins and more points in DDP

Foshy

finally solved the connection problems i was having and had some nice races with you guys. consistently got top 3 placements :) i was mauro, the swiss guy using pink gold peach.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
This is slightly off-topic but I can't make up my mind regarding the free game you get when you register the game. I'm torn between Pikmin 3 (never played a game in the series before), Wind Waker HD (got the GameCube version, absolutely loved it at the time of its release) and Monster Hunter 3 (don't know anything about this series but it could be fun). I think I'm gonna get Wind Waker but man this is a tough choice.

I hope this will help selling more Wii U. People get two quality games for one, that's one hell of a deal!

Pikmin 3 without a doubt is a must play.

So how long can we play and how many points can we rack up in the new gaf tourney? Seems like the winner is only going to be the person who plays the most within the time limit.
The test tourney let me play four races and then took my score from there, that seemed to work better.

oatmeal

Banned
I can confirm...
GAF Tourney >>>>> Single Player

Even though you're getting fucked, it doesn't feel like everyone is aiming only for you.

Side note...this is disappointing. My wife wants to use her Mii (I use mine) and her stats are garbage compared to mine. Is it because she's a female racer? She has shit speed and good handling whereas mine has fast speed and solid handling.

She's using Rosalina now but doesn't want to. Can this be fixed?

Right so here's the deal with the Battle Tournament.

I apparently set it from Saturday evening (GMT) to Sunday so from tomorrow it currently does not save your points but you can still play in it now. I didn't mean to mess it up but it should be fine tomorrow. If AlistairRoo wants he can scrap it and make a new one.

Azuran

Banned
I can confirm...
GAF Tourney >>>>> Single Player

Even though you're getting fucked, it doesn't feel like everyone is aiming only for you.

Side note...this is disappointing. My wife wants to use her Mii (I use mine) and her stats are garbage compared to mine. Is it because she's a female racer? She has shit speed and good handling whereas mine has fast speed and solid handling.

She's using Rosalina now but doesn't want to. Can this be fixed?

Change the weight and/or height of the Mii. That determines the weight class.

Top Bottom