• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

So guys, I'm sure some of you noticed already but I just wanted to let you know that the Battle Tournament was closed so we decided to create a new one (it was tested so it works fine) So please feel free to delete/change the first one and add this new one
Sorry guys :)

Normal races with GAF are enough of a battle as it is, so I'm good :p

zruben

Banned
I think there's a Two Player Online option. If you both can jump in and she's OK with it, then it's a win-win.

we'll probably complete grand prix (possibly tonight, LOL), and then we'll jump online. That's what we did on the Wii version, she doesn't really love playing online, so she wants to "get" the courses first.

or I'll probably go online solo later if she goes to sleep early :p

Loving the game!

Want to post more, including some of my replays but I just had to come in here and ask one question:

Is there anyway to see your online wins & losses? Surely there is. All the other games had them. ._.

RobotVM

I added my NNID to the spreadsheet. I was able to play a few games in the gaf tournament. You guys are freaking good. I need a ton of more practice.

Grizzo

It's great because it feels more skill based than prior games, but if battle mode is your thing you will be disappointed I think.

I haven't even touched the battle mode yet, I'll try it right away and see if it's really as disappointing as I've heard :/

hwy_61

Banned
Just wanted to share that while I was at best buy today, I saw at least 4 different people walk out with the MK8 bundle. Felt good, man.

Son Of D

I should stop taking that shortcut at the end of Thwomp Ruins. I always fall. Also whose Blue Shell was that at the end of the final lap? Hit me as I was over the gap :(

DrunkDan

GAF is fucking HARDCORE.

That is all. I need to brush up, a few hours playing this afternoon wasn't enough to stay competitive at the moment.

Middle of the pack hell.

I really need to step my game up and find my character/vehicle/accesory combo. But OMG this game is awesome and you are good at it GAF. This is the most fun I had with a game in quite a while. Good games everyone!

In my experience, the first ten seconds of the race decides everything. Either you pull up ahead and you get to be in top 3 barring any huge fuck-ups and you know the track, and you end up in the sea of jobbers and its just chaos battling for 6th place

Top Bottom