• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Strider

GAF is fucking HARDCORE.

That is all. I need to brush up, a few hours playing this afternoon wasn't enough to stay competitive at the moment.

Middle of the pack hell.

Right there with you. I do really well playing online vs randoms... But gaf lobby is a whole new level

mandiller

They've nailed the art style. This used to be a SNES track. It's come a long way in the graphics department.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01pfs9u.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ttspj.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0176uoa.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01qvu0y.jpg

Kouichi

In my experience, the first ten seconds of the race decides everything. Either you pull up ahead and you get to be in top 3 barring any huge fuck-ups and you know the track, and you end up in the sea of jobbers and its just chaos battling for 6th place

My thoughts exactly. It's strange to say, but first place is the safest place to be.

daydream

Banned
In my experience, the first ten seconds of the race decides everything. Either you pull up ahead and you get to be in top 3 barring any huge fuck-ups and you know the track, and you end up in the sea of jobbers and its just chaos battling for 6th place

Coming from behind is a legitimate strategy, though. Risky, but potentially effective. I feel like it's more item luck than anything else in this one since you can get amazing items when you're in second place and crappy ones when you're in ninth place.

Indeed, I said something similar earlier.
Got to break through that glass ceiling to reach the main event, I guess that JC don't stand for John Cena then.

Like, I fucked up the start boost, was in 11th, and I just stayed in the bottom card forever, everybdoy bumping my little shy guy off the track and getting bullet bills and stars and red shells, and I got green shells and single mushrooms, thanks video game gods

Oswen

My WiiU froze when closing MK8, happened two times today.
Not sure what caused it, could be HDD related but it never happened before.

Baleoce

Lol I'm not stupid, there were no items behind, the person has a score of like180 and won every race. Needless to say that person must of see me write something on here because they soon left...

woah, woah. hang on. i've been playing all day and evening. it's 1:15am in the UK. I can assure you I don't cheat :) I'm not even sure how I could tbh... in the way you're describing.. in a day 1 online game.

woah, woah. hang on. i've been playing all day and evening. it's 1:15am in the UK. I can assure you I don't cheat :) I'm not even sure how I could tbh... in the way you're describing.. in a day 1 online game.

Wait , he is talking about you cheating. I always behind you and I can assure he is not cheating.

Screenboy

The person I saw was from Canada so I don't think it was you if you're from UK

Top Bottom