• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Maybe it's just my luck, but that lightning bolt, red turtle shell, blue turtle shell combo attack from the CPU when I'm half a lap or more ahead, that sends me from first to 5 inches from the finishing line, really, really annoys the fuck out of me.

I'm enjoying the game a lot, though I don't know if I'll try and 3 star all of 150cc, just too many times when it comes down to sheer luck of the item draw and not driving skill if you get 1st or not.

*edit* Mount Wario, and the redone Moo Moo Meadows are both pretty fucking awesome.

Chaos17

I can already tell 150cc is going to be infuriating. I really love how the closest heavyweight was in fifth place, yet he somehow gained enough speed to reach me in first place and knock me off the track. I also love how when I take a shortcut that requires a mushroom, somehow the one in second place is able to keep up and then gets triple mushrooms from the final item box of the race boosting past me right at the finish line.

The Mushroom cup shouldn't have taken me an hour to three star.

Electrodrome
Bowser's Castle
Mount Wario

I love all of the new tracks.
150 cc is evil!

MilesTeg

Banned
Is it just me or does this game pick the same tracks for voting over and over for online voting options. I've felt like picking random most of the time recently.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Can someone post the tourney code as I can't seem to find it in the OP.

You can hide it in a quote to post reply if need be! :p

So, has Club Nintendo been down all day, or just for brief moments? (should I check again until tomorrow?)

I checked it at 6AM CST today and got my free game download code within seconds of logging in. I must have just gotten lucky to get in before the mad rush at the website happened.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Is there a way to get some of the HUD off the gamepad and onto the main screen? I need to see the map on the main screen. I'm not looking down.

Rezae

Played each track once. Very polished, but I question how long it will hold my interest. I'm pretty sure Sonic ASRT seemed more fun to me. It'll get a lot of family play, but the gravity aspect seems like a weak innovation.
All in all it's about what I expected though. Solid game, excellent Mario Kart.

oatmeal

Banned
Club nintendo was up long enough for me to redeem my game, and do the surveys...though I have one left...it says I'm back to non-Platinum status. But I think their system is just effed up.

Ever since I got this game 2 days before release, online racing has been a blast.

All of a sudden, today has been nothing but connection errors up the freakin' wazoo.

GaussTek

I checked it at 6AM CST today and got my free game download code within seconds of logging in. I must have just gotten lucky to get in before the mad rush at the website happened.

Seems to be working now, although pretty damn slow for me. Probably I should wait until tomorrow to register the game, just in case something bad happens :/

So how does the scoring in the new tournement work. Two hours ago there were points for the touney leaderboard. now it counts towards the general mp score starting with 1000.

Is it a tine thing? At what time does it count towards the tourney ranking?

jkh33

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, did they take away the wheelie mechanic for the bikes or can you still do it?

Top Bottom