• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Zing

Banned
Are you trying to say you can't look down and race at the same time? What's wrong with you?
It works perfectly fine in MK7 with the lower screen. The problem I have is that the gamepad is essentially put away, because we use remote and wheel. With all that screen real estate, they could at least do the vertical line thing down the split screen in two player to show relative position.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a method of rear view without the Gamepad. Very annoying.

There's so many extra details that do a lot to make the courses seem more alive.

Shyguys working in the background, Yoshi's Valley now being a sanctuary for Yoshis, Electrodome being a nightclub for Bowser's minions.

steveovig

I'm pretty sure I added my name to the spreadsheet just now, I still need to figure out the tournament stuff. I played a little today and I liked it. I've got a personal trainer workshop tomorrow and a friend over but Sunday I'll be playing a lot more. Monday too.

Edit:Figured out Tourneys, can't wait to try them out. Maybe I'll sneak some game time in tomorrow.

trixx

There's so many extra details that do a lot to make the courses seem more alive.

Shyguys working in the background, Yoshi's Valley now being a sanctuary for Yoshis, Electrodome being a nightclub for Bowser's minions.

Bowser Junior in a ship rather than a kart =/. Just kidding, i love the little details as well.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Is there a way to get some of the HUD off the gamepad and onto the main screen? I need to see the map on the main screen. I'm not looking down.

Nope. I don't think you can.

I2amza

So I don't have many much friends on my wiiu friendlist. Is the any way to play with my friends and randoms at the same time?

It works perfectly fine in MK7 with the lower screen. The problem I have is that the gamepad is essentially put away, because we use remote and wheel. With all that screen real estate, they could at least do the vertical line thing down the split screen in two player to show relative position.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a method of rear view without the Gamepad. Very annoying.

Though it only bothers me minimally, it's not hard to see how looking at the 3ds' screens and looking between the game pad and tv are different beasts.

lt519

I don't like the tourney tally, just rewards binge playing, I won't ever be able to keep up...

Anyone else notice if you throw a bomb while in the air it lowers you and you can miss the jump? Glitch? On purpose?

Top Bottom