• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

All you need is the tournament code to get in on the action

83296d1374535886-ramble-random-topics-thread-2837453-good_good-jpg

Strider

YEEEEES. Finally 1st place n a gaf game. Was n 2nd then someone sent a blue shell toward Ryan n first place at the very end. Feel bad for him lol

Cheddahz

Banned
The tournament code thing is the best thing ever. It allows for anyone (well, anyone who has the code) to just drop in and drop out whenever and it's pretty sweet not having to deal with setting up a session with people each time you wanna play

I'm basically loving the game so far, though I don't think it tops Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed for me

Lan_97

First impressions after a run through of the new tracks:

- I really miss holding that extra item
- Coin powerup is useless?
- The two points above make you more vulnerable overall, being exposed to attacks more often
- Track design is interesting, but disorienting. I don't really have a sense of space when racing
- Throwing all the useful information onto the gamepad screen is annoying. Not being able to easily glance at a map and positioning furthers the lack of sense of space/position.
- No full screen gamepad/tv for multiplayer or 5p local
- Blue shell still sucks

Hopefully I warm up to the game more or missed some options here and there.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

- The two points above make you more vulnerable overall, being exposed to attacks more often
- Track design is interesting, but disorienting. I don't really have a sense of space when racing
- Throwing all the useful information onto the gamepad screen is annoying. Not being able to easily glance at a map and positioning furthers the lack of sense of space/position.
- Blue shell still sucks

yeah but please cite some negatives as well next time, I find it hard to believe game hasn't any

Grizzo

Hitting somebody with a green shell perfectly lined up as he's about to cross the finish line, and overtaking him right after that... What an awesome feeling.

Chaos17

- Blue shell still sucks

Did you check the in game manual by pressing home when the game is running ?

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Here are a few for you:

- Game looks nice and runs great
- Music is great
- Still has the strong Mario Kart racing mechanics I expect

looks well, sounds well, plays well

what more do you need man? hop online and enjoy the bliss, it's where the real fun is at

jaypah

Hey Mario Kart-GAF, what's the closest I can get to the feel of Baby Mario in the Bullet bike from MK Wii? I'm doing ok (1st placing overall) but I'm nowhere near as pinpoint as I'd like to be. I understand the game is fairly new but if anyone has some input I'd appreciate it.

addyb

So fellow GAF

What are your top 3 courses out of the new ones.

Mine are:

Mount Wario
Electrodome
Shy guy falls

Picked up my copy today! Only got to play the first two cups before my daughter woke up. Goodness this game is absolutely gorgeous! Wow. I think inam picking up pikmin 3 as my freebie. I saw a couple of you added me, any other pacific mountain or central time in USA, hit me up on miiverse!

Kinsei

Banned
I can already tell 150cc is going to be infuriating. I really love how the closest heavyweight was in fifth place, yet he somehow gained enough speed to reach me in first place and knock me off the track. I also love how when I take a shortcut that requires a mushroom, somehow the one in second place is able to keep up and then gets triple mushrooms from the final item box of the race boosting past me right at the finish line.

The Mushroom cup shouldn't have taken me an hour to three star.

So fellow GAF

What are your top 3 courses out of the new ones.

Mine are:

Mount Wario
Electrodome
Shy guy falls

Electrodrome
Bowser's Castle
Mount Wario

I love all of the new tracks.

Top Bottom