• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

drotahorror

I just now caved and bought this off the eshop. I had cancelled my pre order earlier in the month because I NEVER finish my Wii U games. So I told myself no more Wii U games til I atleast beat DKC TF, but I just gotta have this. Haven't played Mario Kart since Mario Kart 64.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I just now caved and bought this off the eshop. I had cancelled my pre order earlier in the month because I NEVER finish my Wii U games. So I told myself no more Wii U games til I atleast beat DKC TF, but I just gotta have this. Haven't played Mario Kart since Mario Kart 64.

fb0.jpg

Synless

I swear green shells track on 150cc...

I swear they track on all cc's. I get hit by more green shells in this Mario Kart then I ever have in any MK game I have played to date. I can honestly say it is bullshit. The AI must have some precision aim going on that has never been done before.

Strider

I didn't even think of messing around with it earlier and I'm not by my WiiU at the moment so I'll just ask... Can you change the camera angle?

Eiolon

Did the tournament lobby change again? Been playing all day in the one that starts with 0015. Took a 2 hour break and now no one is there.

EDIT: Nvm see it

I don't like the tourney tally, just rewards binge playing, I won't ever be able to keep up...

Anyone else notice if you throw a bomb while in the air it lowers you and you can miss the jump? Glitch? On purpose?

It really shouldn't be for so long. No need for it. We can all still play together outside of the scoring period. The duration is meant for an actual competition.

Effect

I don't like the tourney tally, just rewards binge playing, I won't ever be able to keep up...

Anyone else notice if you throw a bomb while in the air it lowers you and you can miss the jump? Glitch? On purpose?

Not likely that either. Perhaps that works better when the tournament isn't run for very long and everyone starts racing at the same time. Where you are on time for the race or not and are at a disadvantage. If it runs to long, say like over the weekend who ever is able to play the most wins no matter what.

npa189

Well I plowed through 100cc and unlocked my main lakitu. Has anyone seen any of the art floating around? It would make great wallpaper.

Thanks for that lighting, whoever that was. Definitely didn't need to use the hang-glider for the last stretch of Rainbow Road or anything.

daydream

Banned
I knew I was out of contention for first place when I got hit with 5 items at once at the halfway point.

I knew I was completely fucked when I didn't get an item before the finish line.

Top Bottom