• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Luqi

Hey guys, are you playing Global or Local? I'm playing Global and I'm not getting any lag EVER. Is this due netcodding or what?

Jachaos

Sorry to whoever I hit with a blue shell there in Electrodome. I find it dishonorable. Feel free to not throw a Blue Shell when the canadian Troopa is in the lead. Thanks !

Whoever threw that blue shell in Electrodome, thank you.

Gave me enough time to catch up and win.

Edit: LOL !

Kinsei

Banned
Is going underwater or staying above it faster in Sherbet Land? I prefer going underwater, but on 150cc you need to take the optimal route.

Sawneeks

Banned
Hey guys for online split screen multiplayer is there a way to make one screen player 1 and the gamepad screen player 2? Sort of like how Sonic All-Stars does their split screen.

Kouichi

1st place entirety of race. Last turn, 4 red shells and a banana peel. 6th place.

._.

image.php

I like it. But a little disappointed at the retro tracks selection.

I still think some of the Sonic Transformed terra forming tracks are better. But Mk8 is still really good. Best Mario Kart but the retro tracks aren't very good.

Lumyst

Was just at ebgames to get my copy and at least 5 people bought the wii u bundle. Maybe iwata was right about one game being able to turn things around

I wonder if the NFC game is going to be something the new WiiU owners will like, because while the last few WiiU games have been wonderful, colorful, charming, appropriate-for-all-ages type games, the next few games are going to be the T-M rated Japanese-made core games (I mean, it'll be nice if they pick up X and Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule Warriors and SMTxFE ^_^)

Oh and on topic, I blasted through all the cups on 50cc, and I have to say, even if there's never a real Nintendoland, this game feels just as real as a crazy Nintendo-made amusement park would be :p The music is wonderful, that has to be said. They know how to make music that's epic or jaunty without blaring out obnoxiously like some "orchestrated" versions of music end up being! And the way they play, makes it so that the music can loop without one part seeming to hog the spotlight while the rest winds down before the loop starts again (if I said that right...). In any case, the music is very skillfully made, that sums up my feelings!

Fell off the track while playing online on rainbow road, and I landed on part of the track ahead of everyone else. Ended up finishing first. Feels good man.

Javier

Oh man, the new Rainbow Road is absolutely gorgeous. That Nintendo magic.

And the weirdest thing happened. I beat all cups in 100cc, then went back to 50cc and beat Mushroom Cup. When I went back to the main menu, I noticed that all the Cups I had beaten in 100cc also counted as beaten in 50cc. Does this mean winning cups on the higher difficulties actually stack with the lower ones now?

Just got my WIi U Tuesday from someone here on GAF. I'm loving everything so far, especially Mario Kart 8. Just beat all the cups on 50cc. Moving on to 100cc. I also added my name to the spreadsheet.

Xamdou

Can someone link me the Gaf list for friends adds, and also how do you to tricks while in the air?

Also whats the point of collecting coins?

Jachaos

Fuck this game, was 2nd all along and then finish 9th in the last 30 seconds.

Yoshi Valley is my favourite retro track too !

Lucentto

Banned
What a masterpiece of a game, haven't played a Mario Kart since the 64. Good thing I already accepted the randomness, or else the salt would be pouring after finishing my first few online matches.

My NNID is Lucentto btw. People can add me if they want.

Top Bottom