• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Good games everyone. I was Serrys in that group, if my earlier post got buried too fast. In that last Rainbow Road match I got Bullet Bill in seventh and a Blue Shell in second. I had no idea that could even happen, Oric must have been too good or something.

daydream

Banned
Did you use a mushroom to get in front of me in the middle of the second round, Oric?

I'm puzzled because I was pretty much driving flawlessly.

Hey guys, are you playing Global or Local? I'm playing Global and I'm not getting any lag EVER. Is this due netcodding or what?
You're getting lag. You're just not noticing it due to the netcode doing a good job of hiding it.

It'll be most obvious when you're playing someone who's torrenting a ton of shit at once.

zychi

Banned
just used the horn on the ice level at the very end of a race to knockoff the blue shell and asshole donkey kong to win in 1st. that fucking feeling of awesome

bounchfx

still loving it, but holy shit the item drops are awful. 90% of the time its banana or coin, and if it's not that, it's mushroom. and they're all useless. even when I'm last, I get shit for items. It's confusing.

Cbajd5

(I'm not actually using tilt controls).

gCdOLgc.jpg

Borman

Ugh my darn controller stopped responding around the last turn. Wasnt doing well in the first place, but that killed any chance of a not-last finish

CronoShot

Welp, my first victory online was bittersweet. Spent all of the final lap in second, then the guy in first gets hit with a blue shell literally 10 feet from the finish. Sorry bro.

I feel bad for laughing at him.

Luqi

You're getting lag. You're just not noticing it due to the netcode doing a good job of hiding it.

It'll be most obvious when you're playing someone who's torrenting a ton of shit at once.

But i'm playing with people from Japan, how come we are synced so perfectly?

Marjar

Banned
I played two cups in Grand Prix mode and I'm already completely infuriated.

I've never had this much trouble beating computer players in a Mario Kart game.

Top Bottom