• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

jackal27

Banned
I'm maining Donkey Kong on the scooter just because of how hilarious/amazing it looks.

Man this game is gorgeous. It's almost a sensory overload. I had to take a break just because my eyes felt worn out!

If anybody wants to race, feel free to add me! NNID: jackal27

mandiller

Can't. Stop. Taking. Screenshots.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0136ufz.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01k2ucz.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01zfunn.jpg

Awesome, and what do coins do for you this go around? In the SNES game it helped you avoid spinouts I think if you clashed with someone that had fewer coins than you.

Increases max speed, it's pretty important especially during the final lap as it can sometimes be the deciding factor in catching/passing people.

Ok, just measured it. The break between races leaves precisely enough time to go to the bathroom. I can only assume Nintendo did the math on that one.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I just did a 150cc gp, saw zero blue shells, and stayed in first for the entire race each time and actually got a pretty sizeable lead on the cpu.

what sorcery is this. The AI is not nearly as bad as before.

So played 7 hours yesterday and I think some of the tracks are a bit too dark. Sometimes I couldn't see anything in a cave. What's up with that?

Mik2121

Oh man, who's Mauricio? I could see what happened to him to be quite stressing... a green shell right into the face bouncing from somewhere randomly right before the goal. He was 2nd, ended up 4th (and I ended up 2nd).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just did a 150cc gp, saw zero blue shells, and stayed in first for the entire race each time and actually got a pretty sizeable lead on the cpu.

what sorcery is this. The AI is not nearly as bad as before.

You got lucky, blue shells are all over the place when I'm in the lead in my 150cc games.

Thank you to whoever used the thunder during the end of this race. Was in star power mode so I was I didn't shrink and whizzed passed everyone.

Top Bottom