• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

This game is glorious! If they ever add in true battle arenas via DLC packs, this will undoubtedly be the best kart racing game ever made. As it stands, it's only MOSTLY the best kart racing game ever made.

Also, Larry is the man!! I've always mained Mario in these games, but Larry seemed to feel best out of all the characters.

Anyone else noticed Badwagon's speakers pulse to the track music?
KuGsj.gif

Playing electrodrom(and every other track) is soo good <3

I just noticed that. Nintendo really... really gave this installment a ton of detail!

masud

Banned
PSA: People who pre-ordered from Nintendo's Online Store, if you haven't received the game today, just hit them up with a query/complaint and you might get a free download code for the game, friend just got it.

Yup I got mine just now by writing them. It was my fault to because I bought the game before registering my console. Thanks Nintendo!

I tossed my name up in the spreadsheet.

Getting online is so seamless, it seems way better than Wii and 7. A fun new addition to this game is that on the final straightaways toward the finish line I get hit by all the items at the same time. All. Of. Them.

Xamdou

Game is a blast! Totally worth getting the Wii U deluxe Mario Mart 8 bundle today. Which free game should I get? Zelda WW or Pikmen 3? Price wise Zelda WW is cheaper the. Pikmen 3 at bestbuy.

daydream

Banned
Got hit by, like, everything at the end there. Been playing badly on that GBA course, though, need to step up my game for that.

Just finished running through all the courses for the first time! The track design is phenomenal and has topped 7 as my favorite. The highlights being Thwomp Ruins, Toad Harbor, Electrodome, and Cloudtop Cruise (although pretty much all Flower, Star, and Special Cup track are at the very least great). In addition to that, the OST is amazing and continues Nintendo's recent trend of fantastic music.

Also as a side note, did I miss something or do some of the retro courses just not have any anti-grav sections? That's kinda lame if true.

Omzz

man 150cc is WAAYYY easier in comparison to MK7. I remember i used to come first every race, played well and still ended up with 2 stars sometimes. in this it seems all you need to do is come first in each race and you should be fine

man 150cc is WAAYYY easier in comparison to MK7. I remember i used to come first every race, played well and still ended up with 2 stars sometimes. in this it seems all you need to do is come first in each race and you should be fine

because they removed the 10 coins in every race requirements in MK8 to get 3 stars

Azuran

Banned
Okay, I'm done for the night. I got a star in second place so I'm assuming I'm going crazy if I don't get some sleep.

No one better take away my second place on the tourney while I'm sleeping, kk?

NA48

Neo Member
Serrys, you deserved that win after your red shell on me while I was gliding ... I feel bad. :(

I didn't throw the blue shell though, so I guess it was actually someone else's fault. ;)

Kyzon

Pink Gold Peach is GOAT. I want more colored metals to play as. Also, unlocking things is dumb here, or my game is glitched. I dig 100cc GP first, and finished it. Now, after that I wanted to go back to 50cc to quickly finish unlocks. NOPE! They're being counted as finished. So if you beat harder difficulties, it clears out the easier ones.

Don't make my mistake. I'm having to bust my ass on 150cc to finish unlocks. D:

Edit: By clears out I mean you can't race there to unlock anything. You're stuck going to the higher levels to finish.

Serrys, you deserved that win after your red shell on me while I was gliding ... I feel bad. :(

I didn't throw the blue shell though, so I guess it was actually someone else's fault. ;)

Nah, it's fine. It's all luck anyway.

Those were some really good matches, even though everyone was playing a heavy character and I was getting knocked around a lot.

Oh hey, managed to get up to 17th on the list. I bet that will be gone by tomorrow. :p

Shun

Pink Gold Peach is GOAT. I want more colored metals to play as. Also, unlocking things is dumb here, or my game is glitched. I dig 100cc GP first, and finished it. Now, after that I wanted to go back to 50cc to quickly finish unlocks. NOPE! They're being counted as finished. So if you beat harder difficulties, it clears out the easier ones.

Don't make my mistake. I'm having to bust my ass on 150cc to finish unlocks. D:

Edit: By clears out I mean you can't race there to unlock anything. You're stuck going to the higher levels to finish.

Forreals, 150cc has some crazy rubberbanding that fucks you last minute sometimes. 3 Starring cups can be frustrating.

daydream

Banned
Gah, didn't want to leave. First I hit B accidentally, then A.

Anyway, dramatic finish on that Mansion map!

Now to spectate for a round.

depward

150cc. First place on first three races. Last race I get walloped by CPU and finish 6th. This is Mario Kart alright.

Fortunately the game is a blast to look at and play!

zychi

Banned
so am i crazy, or does honking the horn right when the start hits 0 mess with the AI and slightly slow their quick starts?

it also seems to throw them off right before they bump you. i may be going crayz from playing all day tho

Top Bottom