• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Alright guys, I think my eyes are going to fall out if I keep staring at my TV. But thanks so much for an AMAZING launch day. The online for this game is so much better with an awesome community to play with.

Also, I'm working a 9 hour shift tomorrow, so you guys don't get too good while I'm gone. ;)

Before I forget, if any of you have uploaded any races from the tournament to Youtube, the friend code/password to it will be in the tags. I don't even know if you can even view the tags without being the uploader anymore, but if we're all trying to keep it secret you might want to remove that particular tag.

Azuran

Banned
I really cant stop playing this game =( I think I have a problem..

Why the sad face? I just finished playing this game for 15 hours straight. There's never such thing as too much Mario Kart.

Alright guys, I think my eyes are going to fall out if I keep staring at my TV. But thanks so much for an AMAZING launch day. The online for this game is so much better with an awesome community to play with.

Also, I'm working a 9 hour shift tomorrow, so you guys don't get too good while I'm gone. ;)

Top of the standings, here I come!

daydream

Banned
I was counting on a blue shell from you, guys. What a letdown. :(

Ton of fun playing with you, man! See ya later!

Before I forget, if any of you have uploaded any races from the tournament to Youtube, the friend code/password to it will be in the tags. I don't even know if you can even view the tags without being the uploader anymore, but if we're all trying to keep it secret you might want to remove that particular tag.

Done.

NA48

Neo Member

NeoGAF Race |OT| It's a Secret to Everybody

Tabasco

Why the sad face? I just finished playing this game for 15 hours straight. There's never such thing as too much Mario Kart.
It's like you hardly know when to put the game down.

A game so great looking and fun at the same time makes you want to keep playing over and over.

Vagabundo

I was getting disconnected yesterday, when playing 2v2 online against my brother and in all games, but today I managed a full course without a disconnect.

I was afraid it was my setup, but maybe it was Nintendo servers.

Having so much fun with it so far.

For me, green shells are my new nemesis. I see them ricocheting in the distance and I know that it's going to hit me (most of the time it does). They just seem a lot more common in this entry than previous ones.

Also, it's great to be challenged in 150cc. It takes quite a bit of effort to go from 7th to 1st... and I'm so happy about it.

JLeack

Banned
I know Mario Kart isn't known for having a lot of content, but is threre anything beyond winning each Grand Prix at 150CC? It's times like these that achievements would be nice to incentivize me exploring the content. This seems as local multiplayer reliant as past releases.

Gambit

Some of the tracks show such promising areas that I now want/need them in a 3D Mario (or any other game where I can freely explore them).

Twisted Mansion, Shy Guy Falls, Toad's Harbour, MOUNT WARIO...

These should become actual places in the Mushroom Kingdom

Bullza2o

Good games whoever I played with! My NNID is BladeofAura.

This game made me realize how dangerous off-tv play is. Nonstop playing throughout the night...

A one sided one probably. If we check our records against each other, you're probably doubling me in wins lol
Haha, well, I still get scared when I see you near me on the track. I know some shit is about to go down.

28h clocked according to the daily log.

Sounds about right.

no regrets
I had to look at mine...13:06.
Some regrets

When my girlfriend asked me what I did all day today and I said I just played games, I don't think she thought I was being serious, haha.

hughesta

Banned
Could someone please PM the GAF code? I hate to be "that guy", but I don't see it when I quote the OP :(

edit: please ignore me I am an idiot.

Ascenion

Overall impressions: looks good, sounds amazing, I still suck at it but damn is it fun. Only wish it had customizable controls.

Griss

Some of the tracks show such promising areas that I now want/need them in a 3D Mario (or any other game where I can freely explore them).

Twisted Mansion, Shy Guy Falls, Toad's Harbour, MOUNT WARIO...

These should become actual places in the Mushroom Kingdom

Yeah, and the reverse of that is that 3D World now looks a lot lamer by comparison. Imagine a full 3D Mario like 64 or Galaxy where the camera isn't limited to one direction and the levels are huge...

It would be glorious.

japtor

Does anyone else miss the special (per character) power ups from double dash? I really enjoyed stuff like having huge Bowser shells on Baby Park, and I miss them. :(
Giant shells and giant bananas (and 8 laps) on Baby Park all day.
Having a ton of fun so far, but is it just me or are my video uploads coming out lower quality than they should be? Compared to some others on my friends list this seems way more compressed.
Check it out again. Stuff initially shows up at lower quality but 720p comes up eventually, I noticed it with my own video too.
Sorry to probably beat the dead horse, what is the gaf lobby code? Don't see it in quoted OP.
It's there, just kinda hard to see cause there's so much stuff in there. Just find the quote to see and it'll be right around there.

Top of the standings, here I come!

Its just that I need to take a nap or something but My body wont let me stop racing D= *Knocks self out* (〃ω〃)

Jachaos

This game is really great. Playing with a friend tonight and playing in the GAF tournament... yup, this game is great. Between this, Pikmin 3, Nintendoland, Mario 3D World and others, and Smash and Zelda coming up, I am real happy with my Wii U. Obviously I wouldn't go the generation without my PS4 too for its exclusives and multiplats but I couldn't have gone the gen without some Mario Kart and Smash either.

I really cant stop playing this game =( I think I have a problem..

Am I crazy or did I see you at the top of the comments on the Smash Invitational video? I know I'm recalling something at least

Top Bottom